Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NPR Poll on illegal immigration. Your thoughts?

ALIPAC Members & Supporters:

Please take a look at this new poll from NPR about American attitudes towards immigration and illegal immigration.

http://www.npr.org/news/specials/polls/ ... ceCode=gaw

I'd like to hear your comments and feedback. I have not fully reviewed the methods used, but I know NPR is a left leaning and fairly pro-illegal crowd. I also read these results with the knowledge that the American public does not know most of the information we are aware of due to neglect, bias, and censorship that is rampant in the MSM/OGM.

Please take a close look at this poll and share your thoughts here.

William
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

For 55% to say either keep current levels or increase them is a dead give away of how, through bogus surveys, the anti-illegal majority is portrayed as being in the minority. Bogus, bogus, bogus.

Just like the MSM Schaivo poll. How the question is worded can provide you with whatever result you want to demagogue.

NPR : no perceptible rationality.
    "Never suppose that in any possible situation, or under any circumstances, it is best for you to do a dishonorable thing..." --Thomas Jefferson

poll is deceptive, bogus, biased, slanted
    "This country has lost control of its borders. And no country can sustain that kind of position." .... Ronald Reagan

Remember, you are hearing this from a liberal, folks.

NPR disgusts me more than Fox News. Yep. Pinch yourself because you really did hear that from a liberal.

National Petrolueum Radio (listen to where they receive their donations sometime if you can stand to listen to the station for a minute or two) represents nothing liberal, they represent the corporate interests just like the fox news, but worse, because they pretend their interests are "liberal" and for the people.

They must have selected their respondents with great care.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Another nationwide poll was done by the CCFR (Chicago Council on Foreign Relations) right before the 2004 elections... This poll has significantly different results even though it was done at the same time as NPRs.
    NPR - PDF file
    CCFR - Click on "Public [pdf] on the left side under "Topline Results" - page 22 in the PDF file

The descriptions are slightly different :
    CCFR: Controlling and reducing illegal immigration (very important, or somewhat important)
    NPR:....Very or somewhat concerned about illegal immigration
    ............CCFR....NPR
    1994......94%
    1998......89%
    2002......97%
    2004......92%....72%

The questions are the same here :
    CCFR: Should legal immigration into the United States be kept at its present level, increased or decreased? (page 81 in the PDF)
    NPR:...Should legal immigration be kept at its present level, increased, or decreased?
    (d=decrease, s=same, i=increase, n=not sure)
    .............CCFR.....................NPR
    1996...................................50d, 35s, 8i, 7n
    2001...................................59d, 29s, 9i, 3n (after sep 11th)
    2002......61d, 30s, 7i, 1n
    2003...................................48d, 37s, 9i, 6n
    2004......54d, 31s,11i,4n.....41d, 37s, 18i, 4n

It's amazing how much things change in one year!!! According to the NPR poll, all those people that wanted DECREASE in 2003 voted for INCREASE in 2004... Well, it's possible they just moved over to the SAME column, and some of the SAME moved over to the INCREASE... But it's a big change in one year...

The NPR data used a different source for their 2004 study:
    .....NPR/Kaiser/Kennedy School Immigration Survey
    whereas in the earlier years, they used:
    .....CBS News/New York Times Polls

If you look at the CBS polls, data from 1996 is similar to 2003.
    Also, the CCFR data for "illegal immigration" hasn't changed much since 1994.

But the first sentence in the NPR summary is:
    "Americans are less negative about immigration than they have been in several years, according to a new poll by NPR, the Kaiser Family Foundation and Harvard's Kennedy School of Government."

For those allergic to Noam Chomsky, you may want to stop reading now... But I think he makes some good points... I first learned about CCFR from Chomsky in this quote :
    Public opinion in the US is intensively monitored.... We can also see why the results, though public, are kept under wraps by the doctrinal institutions... That is true of major and highly informative studies of public opinion released right before the election, notably by the Chicago Council on Foreign Relations (CCFR) and the Program on International Policy Attitudes at the U. of Maryland (PIPA).
    I think that the CCFR poll is what the Establishment uses to get a reading on public opinion... So, whenever public opinion gets dangerously out of line with business interests, then they use the MSM to pump propaganda to try to get public opinion back in line... Perhaps, one way, is to use biased poll data and media stories to make people feel they're out of step with mainstream America.

Well, that's my skeptical take anyway, and I'm sticking with it.

Oh, one more thing (this poll was in 2002) :
    Elite vs. Public Opinion - An Examination of Divergent Views on Immigration
    As already discussed, 60 percent of the public, compared to 14 percent of elites, think that immigration is a critical threat to the nation... Table 1 shows that the 46-percentage-point gap in the attitudes of elites is by far the largest... The next largest gap between opinion leaders and the public is only about half as large (24 percentage points) and addresses the issues of competition with low-wage countries and Japan.

In addition to the 60 percent who see immigration as a critical threat, another 31 percent thought the issue was important but not critical... Thus, only a tiny minority of the American people (8 percent) remain unconcerned by the large number of people currently allowed into the country.
    "We have it in our power to begin the world over again." (Thomas Paine 1776 "Common Sense") "The cause of America is in great measure the cause of all mankind." ("Common Sense")

npr poll

Bogus! NPR always has very strange and odd results from their polls. They should know better than to try deceive the public. I think there are 2 people from NPR, Juan and Mara (Fox news), who I want to strangle sometimes when it comes to immigration issues.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Well let me phrase it this way. I live in a city that now has a huge Hispanic population, 1st, 2nd, 3rd generation ones with new ones arriving everyday by the bus load. I also have several legal Hispanic students. Guess what, the majority of the legals I know want not only legal immigration stopped and the illegals deported but they think we should just toss them out of the country without any hearings. My student shave told me: "I left Mexico to get away from this, and now they bring Mexico here".

So I have to wonder about this poll...