Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

DJ

Number of hispanic TV stations decreasing???

I could be wrong, but it seems to me that the number of Spanish TV stations is fewer than I remember a few months ago. I am in Southern California, and looking through the channels has been increasingly annoying with SO MANY stations in Spanish! Anyone else seeing a trend? Also, I'm wondering how many Mexican restaurants have closed their doors in this bad economy.

Moving to General Discussion
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The number of Spanish tv channels is increasing and not decreasing in Miami. I have called Comcast and complained.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Illinois the number of spanish stations is deffinitely up.

Today my mother told me by phone that the Spanish media is supported by the HISPANICS with DONATIONS and VOLUNTEER work. I wonder if they get any PUBLIC assistance? I OPPOSE that because the Spanish media is, generally speaking, a RACIST and a TRAITOR!

Re: Number of hispanic TV stations decreasing???

Quote Originally Posted by DJ
    Also, I'm wondering how many Mexican restaurants have closed their doors in this bad economy.

This lovely local establishment closed this summer. I was driving by and saw some men loading an old rusty oven onto a U-Haul.

Re: Number of hispanic TV stations decreasing???

Quote Originally Posted by fedupinwaukegan
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ
    Also, I'm wondering how many Mexican restaurants have closed their doors in this bad economy.

This lovely local establishment closed this summer. I was driving by and saw some men loading an old rusty oven onto a U-Haul.
    what a shame (i just threw up in my mouth a little bit)... i was just feeling the need for a little mexican e-coli...

You think that sign is bad than go to Miami. It is a thousand times worse. In the Hialeah area many of the billboards off the Palmetto Expresway are in Spanish. In the actual City of Miami which I try to avoid at all cost, you would think that you are in another country. I dread even having to go to their police station which I have to do this morning. If you want to see it for yourself then watch the A&E show The First 48. They show Little Havana and some other Hispanic areas and you see the signs and hear lots of Spanish. When the detectives bring people in for questioning or talk to realtives it is often in Spanish. What you will find interesting is when they are in Little Haiti you hear Englsih spoken and don't see all those signs in Creole.

DJ
    Well what was I thinking? Guess I was trying to be the day's optimistic cheerleader!

Maybe I was hoping that someone else in California was seeing a slight decline. I can imagine that Miama is just as you describe. I think you have some law there that if anyone makes it to land, they are "legal."

If nothing else, I'm hoping that the bad economy is hitting illegals hard--and that we will start to see the effects of that.

In South Florida our biggest problem is people who have overstayed visas and are therefore illegal. ICE catch them on a regular basis and often times their sob stories in the newspapers used to follow. I would love to see the numbers of how many of those properties are the ones in foreclosure. In my condo building which consists of 45 units 3 are in foreclosure due to deportations and a fourth unit will soon be added.

Our second biggest problem consists of Cubans as their politicians made the City of Miami and Miami Dade County sanctuaries for illegals, prevented state legislation from passing laws making it tougher for illegals to live here, and helped the illegal Gomez brothers stay here on temporary visas after the parents and grandmother got deported. As I have stated in the past; you need to be a spanish speaker to be able to hire them. Many Cubans have businesses and do hire them. The cleaning company who has the contract with my condo complex is owned by them and there are lots of illegals working for them. In fact they bus them in. When the police were here asking questions one of the men only had Guatamalan I.D. Now that the construction and day laborer jobs are almost non existant they are all running to Cuban restaurants and bakeries looking for work. There are Cubans out there who will not hire and I will not deny that but then there are many others that do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast