Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
Quote Originally Posted by MW
lindiloo wrote:

There is a bill asking for 20,000 green cards which will be exempt from the regular employment based 140,000 per year for Physical Therapists and Nurses as these are considered to be in short supply.
And how exactly is that not bringing in more foreign labor?
Exactly I know an American whose daughter wants to go to nursing school and they say they have no room. Give me a break. This is cheaper labor period.
I agree wholeheartedly with both of you however the healthcare industry is renowned for its lobbying strength. It does seem amazing that when I see hospitals in which I work offering five figure signing bonuses to nurses and the nursing schools continue to take their pre arranged class numbers in each year.

What I would ask is that this bill is seen as an entirely separate entity from the recapture bill. Not just more of the same as Numbers USA imply. I would add that even if the recapture bill were to pass I cannot imagine it will actually make any difference to the waiting time for green cards as it is the result of their processes that the currently sanctioned 140,000 each year get used up. With this in mind I cannot imagine any of them will get used up any time in the near future.