Like Tree6Likes

Thread: NY Gov. Cuomo Bans Official Travel to NC Because They Have Men's and Women's Restroom

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Lightbulb NY Gov. Cuomo Bans Official Travel to NC Because They Have Men's and Women's Restroom

"As long as there is a law in North Carolina that creates the grounds for discrimination…"

3.29.2016 Trey Sanchez

North Carolina has decided that people should use the restroom according to the gender listed on their birth certificate and for that, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo has banned all "non-essential" government travel to the state.

The governor wrote this declaration on Facebook, with a link to his executive order:

The majority-supported North Carolina law directs all public institutions to offer only men's and women's restrooms and single-occupancy, or a family, restroom, but not the so-called gender-neutral type that transgender individuals are demanding across the country. According to CBS News, "Transgender people who have transitioned to the opposite sex wouldn’t be affected if they get their birth certificate changed."

A year ago almost to the date, Gov. Cuomo issued a similar executive order when he banned "non-essential state travel" to Indiana because that state believes in religious liberty and vows to protect the rights of people of faith from being forced to do things against their beliefs, such as perform same-sex marriages.

Maybe the best solution is for government officials to just go ahead and ban all non-essential government travel paid for by taxpayers. Now that would make a statement!

NY Gov. Cuomo Bans Official Travel to NC Because They Have Men's and Women's Restrooms | Truth Revolt

This law is scarry to me as a women and mother, How would you know who is a transgender from a pervert, pedophile, rapist or stalker. This law would ultimately give any male access to women's bathrooms; claiming to be a transgender. A place where small children and babies are changed on changing tables, out in the open. While everyone carries a phone with a camera now days. How hard would it be to video or take photos of these children and women and post on a site? Call me insecure; but being a woman and having to look over your shoulder everyday to see who is following you and who is near your children, coming out of work and having to check your back seat. I can tell you first hand when sitting on a toilet with your pants around your knees and seeing someone come into the stall next to you and their feet are facing the toilet is a strange uncomfortable feeling for me as a woman. What about my rights as a woman? I say good for N.C.

They could simply add a 3rd he/she restroom.