Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NY Times - Hutchison, Brown and LeMieux to vote No on DA

Latino Leaders Press Senators on Immigration Bill

By JULIA PRESTON
    Published: December 17, 2010

Senator Harry Reid of Nevada, the majority leader, scheduled the vote on the student measure, which is known as the Dream Act, late on Thursday. The Senate will vote on a version of the bill that passed the House of Representatives on Dec. 8.

The bill gained some momentum after passing the House by 20 votes, including 8 Republicans, a wider margin than its supporters had expected. But on Friday the Senate count appeared to be short of the 60 votes Democrats need to bring the bill to the floor for debate. Its sponsors, including Senator Reid and Senator Richard J. Durbin of Illinois, the second highest Democratic leader, acknowledged they faced an uphill climb.

President Obama made telephone calls this week to Republican and Democratic senators. Five cabinet secretaries have made calls, held news conferences or blogged on the issue.

On a call organized by the White House on Friday, David Aguilar, the deputy commissioner of Customs and Border Protection, said that strict eligibility requirements in the bill for young immigrants who are here would dissuade others outside the country from trying coming to the country illegally. Addressing concerns from lawmakers who say they want more border security before voting for the legislation, Mr. Aguilar said, “At no point in history has the border been as secure as it is today.â€

Such Biased Writing from the NY Times!

[b]Such a biased NY Time’s load of crap. The NY Times is a tabloid & rag.

The NY Times is yet another publication that is barely news. Look at how they slanted that article to make it seem like there were no opponents to the Dream Act! They know good and well that we have also lobbied because this journalist evidently read ALIPAC, being that he took that concept from my post about Gheen running as a Senator, when I used the word lobby! And suggested that instead of us doing all of this lobbing, we run ALIPAC’s Founder for elected office. They have NEVER used that “lobbyâ€

NY Times makes up news

In fact, the more I think about it, the NY Times is one big paper of plagiarist. Their journalist, Maureen Dowd, has been busted stealing articles and blog post that’s she reads on blogs and passes them off as her own at the NY Times & she still works there. Also, Jayson Blair, was a young NY Times journalist that also was busted plagiarizing other people’s writings and getting it published in the NY Times-so this above article basically took post that they read on ALIPAC and swopped out the work being down by ALIPAC Members and made it look like illegal aliens were organizing themselves, when the reality is that illegal aliens are being organized by corporations.
    I mean, I am shocked that this journalist was bold enough to lift up an entire concept from this website but with the NY Times pathetic history of making-up news, I am not that surprised.

I think you missed someone.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dy ... ge=printer

With nerves already rubbed raw by the Jayson Blair fabrication scandal, Bragg's recent comments to The Washington Post, dubbed "infuriating and absurd" by business reporter Alex Berenson, fueled a heated debate yesterday about the mechanics of reporting, proper attribution, the limits of drive-by journalism and the granting of credit to unseen subordinates who contribute behind the scenes. And the repercussions are being felt far beyond Manhattan, as news executives around the country examine and in many cases tighten their policies.

Bragg's defense -- that it is common for Times correspondents to slip in and out of cities to "get the dateline" while relying on the work of stringers, researchers, interns and clerks -- has sparked more passionate disagreement than the clear-cut fraud and plagiarism committed by Blair. The issue, put starkly, is whether readers are being misled about how and where a story was reported.
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

Banned
    New York SLIMES A rag paper with a bunch of liberal spinners writing columns for them. I do not pay attention to ANYTHING that comes from them...