Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar

NYT: Struggling to Rise in Suburbs, Failing Means Fitting In

This is a frightening, grim inside look at young people who are living in mixed immgrant (legal and illegal) communities in Maryland. The potential for failure and violence is high.
    ----------------------------------------------

Struggling to Rise in Suburbs Where Failing Means Fitting In

By JASON DEPARLE
    Published: April 18, 2009

LANGLEY PARK, Md. — Class at the youth center had just let out, and a gaggle of teenagers moved toward the door, turning saggy pants and ring tones thrumming with reggaetón hits into adolescent statements of Latino cool.

Some had rap sheets, and some had babies. Some had gang tattoos. Most had immigrant parents with menial jobs who survived on sweat and worry. They were children of the Washington suburbs, but the poverty and violence around them rivaled that of urban cores. Jesselyn Bercian paused to rub the belly of a pregnant staff member.

“I’m not very happy with my job right now,â€

ELE

I heard someoneon C-span use the term New Americans! UGH!

If the American people don't fight Amnesty the thugs described in this article will be the un-doing of America! The Mexico of tomorrow.......
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Mr. Portes and Mr. Rumbaut contend that today’s generation faces a bigger challenge than in the past. Good jobs require more education, often a college degree. Unlike their European predecessors, the majority of today’s immigrants come from Asia, Africa and Latin America, which some analysts say could make them more vulnerable to persistent discrimination. And while previous immigration was mostly legal, today millions of children have parents who live marginalized lives as illegal residents.
    Please! Like the European immigrants from a hundred years ago came with college degrees? With the majority of today's "immigrants" coming from Asia, Africa and Latin America, how come it's only the ones from Latin America who have these problems? The only answer is it's mostly illegal aliens.

Reading this girls story, she's American born, and given all the tools to better herself, she is her own worse enemy and deserves no sympathy.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    I also have a two word response to this.

IMMIGRATION OVERLOAD!

I hate to think what miserable complications can arise if our government or any other sanctioned importers of immigrants add tens or hundreds of thousands more to this circus of misfits.

I'M SO TIRED OF THEIR SOB STORIES.

YOU GUYS HAVE NO IDEA WHERE I CAME FROM.

WE USED TO CALL THE WHITE GHETTO AS KIDS.

WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU. WE WERE DIRT POOR AND MY MOM HAD TO WORK TWO JOBS TO PAY THE COUNTY BACK PROPERTY TAXES.

THESE ARE MOST SELF-PITYING PEOPLE I HAVE EVER RUN INTO.

GET CLUE, NO ONE OWES YOU!!!

AND BY THE WAY, GET OUT OF COUNTRY!!