Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Obama beats McCain in SC

It's amazing. The voter turnout for the Democratic primary trumped that of McCain and Huckabee, combined. Remember, South Carolina is traditionally a red state so this is quite surprsing. Day after day it really does seem that the voters, especially young voters (college students), want change and are setting their sights on the Democrats to bring them that, specifically Obama, the first ever viable Black candidate to really have a chance at the presidency. Personally, I want to see a Black President elected. That would really be something and would say a lot about my generation (18-28 year olds).

SC Results:
    McCain + Huckabee = 272,000
    Obama 295,000

(McCain 143,224; Huckabee 128,908; Thompson 67,897; Romney 64,970; Paul 15,773; Giuliani 9,112; Hunter 1,035.)

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/ ... rnout.html

Re: Obama beats McCain in SC

Quote Originally Posted by flashman
    Personally, I want to see a Black President elected. That would really be something and would say a lot about my generation (18-28 year olds).
    You want a black President, even if it costs you half of your income???

Oh I just remembered Obama is only half black, so I guess you need to keep waiting.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Alan Keyes would be a better black president and got my primary vote in 2000-obama would never win sc general -history shows that presidential election brings out more people than any primary,off year senate,etc-besides you had a 3 way race in compared to 6-

Re: Obama beats McCain in SC

Quote Originally Posted by flashman
    It's amazing. The voter turnout for the Democratic primary trumped that of McCain and Huckabee, combined. Remember, South Carolina is traditionally a red state so this is quite surprsing. Day after day it really does seem that the voters, especially young voters (college students), want change and are setting their sights on the Democrats to bring them that, specifically Obama, the first ever viable Black candidate to really have a chance at the presidency. Personally, I want to see a Black President elected. That would really be something and would say a lot about my generation (18-28 year olds).

SC Results:
    McCain + Huckabee = 272,000
    Obama 295,000

(McCain 143,224; Huckabee 128,908; Thompson 67,897; Romney 64,970; Paul 15,773; Giuliani 9,112; Hunter 1,035.)

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/ ... rnout.html
    What a liberal State!
    "As has happened before in our history, if you have open borders poor country governments will pay people to move here, promising them a better life in the New World"*
    George Phillies (Libertarian)

I'd rather have Colin Powell!! He sure bailed out on Bush in a hurry, something tells me he did not agree with his policys.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Obama beats McCain in SC

Obama just won in SC because the media was killing Hillary with the "race" remark she made. Not that I like Hillary at all because I am 100% Republican but the media has a lot to do with tonight's decision.

This being a red state and will remain so-means this primary is the only real chance blacks have to make a statement that counts in this election.

SC is not a red state.The Republicans there picked Mccain.Its now a liberal state,just like most of the country.

McCAIN won because conservatives split vote-out polls showed mccain got 30 percent of conservative vote.We seem to for grt because most of us on these forums care and are educated about politics,canidates,etc that a lot of people vote because of sound bites ,name recognition ,etc.INDEPENDANTS AND DEMOCRATS WHO WANT TO SEE A RAT LIKE MCCAIN GET ELECTED also could vote in the primary.The 7 other canidates split the vote and military people and moderates and the word my ohio wife does not like to hear yanklees voted for mccain.-My mother is also a yankee so I can say it.

Quote Originally Posted by DHolmes7
    Alan Keyes would be a better black president and got my primary vote in 2000-obama would never win sc general -history shows that presidential election brings out more people than any primary,off year senate,etc-besides you had a 3 way race in compared to 6-
    alan keyes dream country is Iran. Just replace islam with christianity and its all good with him.

I have said it from the start, unless the republicans elect a anti-war candidate, a real different candidate not a Bush wannabe, they will lose this election.

Every primary the democrats have doubled republican voters.

Besides the republicans are as bad as the democrats with spending, with the debt they are building and the continuing fed cuts the dollar will lose so much value that it will feel like you lost a sizeable portion of your paycheck.