Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Obama Proposes New Jobs! For Citizens of Which Country??

Obama proposes $210 Billion Dollars for New Jobs. But who will those jobs be for? U.S. Citizens or Illegal Aliens?

Read the article on the following link and field it out for yourself:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080213/ap_on_el_pr/obama
    Remember that*all Politicians work for us, the U.S. Taxpaying Citizens.* If they are not doing their jobs to your liking, FIRE THEM in the next elections.

Everyone but Americans. The Muslims and Mexicans will go to the head of the class.

Obama proposes $210 billion for new jobs

By NEDRA PICKLER, Associated Press Writer1 hour, 11 minutes ago

Democrat Barack Obama said Wednesday that as president he would spend $210 billion to create jobs in construction and environmental industries, as he tried to win over economically struggling voters.

Obama's investment would be over 10 years as part of two programs. The larger is $150 billion to create 5 million so-called "green collar" jobs to develop more environmentally friendly energy sources.

Sixty-billion dollars would go to a National Infrastructure Reinvestment Bank to rebuild highways, bridges, airports and other public projects. Obama estimated that could generate nearly 2 million jobs, many of them in the construction industry that's been hit by the housing crisis.

"This agenda is paid for," Obama said as the Republican National Committee promoted an "Obama Spend-O-Meter" online to track his proposals and portray him as a tax-and-spend liberal. Obama explained that the money for his spending proposals will come from ending the Iraq war, cutting tax breaks for corporations, taxing carbon pollution and raising taxes on high income earners.

Neera Tanden, Hillary Rodham Clinton's policy director, said Obama was offering ideas Clinton proposed months ago. "Voters may ask themselves that if Senator Obama cannot produce his own ideas on the campaign trail, how will he solve new problems as president?" Tanden said in a memo e-mailed to reporters.
    Obama, who has faced criticism that he doesn't have enough policy specifics, asked autoworkers at the General Motors plant in Janesville, Wis., to "bear with me" as his began a policy speech that he said would be unlike his typical rousing addresses. He read from a TelePrompTer in an industrial training room, flanked by sparkling new vehicles and a large American flag.

"Today I want to take it down a notch," Obama said. "This is going to be a speech that's a little more detailed. It's going to be a little bit longer, not as many applause lines."

Obama pointedly did not include one of his biggest applause lines, that he would require vehicle manufacturers to raise fuel economy standards. Obama often points out that he delivered that message straight to the automakers during a speech last year in Detroit.
    But he didn't mention it on the plant visit that came a day after GM reported the largest annual loss ever for an American automaker — $38.7 billion in 2007.

"I know that General Motors received some bad news yesterday," Obama said. "I also know how much progress you've made, how many hybrids and fuel-efficient vehicles you're churning out. And I believe that if our government is there to support you, and give you the assistance you need to retool and make this transition, that this plant will be here for another hundred years."

Obama heads into Tuesday's Wisconsin primary as the favorite in the state and the front-runner for the nomination. His victories in the last eight contests have put him ahead of Clinton in the delegate chase.
    But Obama did not pursue the front-runner strategy of ignoring rivals. He repeatedly criticized Clinton in an effort to beat back the challenge she still poses to him.

He tied her to likely Republican presidential nominee John McCain for their shared vote to authorize the war in Iraq. He lumped her with President Bush for offering an economic recovery plan that didn't include immediate relief, without mentioning that both the president and Clinton quickly adopted tax rebates.

Obama's appearance in Janesville was part of a strategy to reach out to voters who might be struggling in the economy and who have supported Clinton in most contests so far. Combining exit polls from 19 states that had competitive Democratic primaries before Tuesday, Clinton had a 49 percent to 46 percent edge over Obama with voters who named the economy as the No. 1 problem.

But Obama seemed to be turning that around in his most recent victories Tuesday. In Virginia and Maryland, Obama dominated among the one-half of Democratic voters who named the economy as their chief concern. In both states, about six in 10 Democrats who cited the economy voted for Obama.
    ___

On the Net:
    http://www.barackobama.com
    Copyright © 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. The information contained in the AP News report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press.
    Copyright © 2007 Yahoo All rights reserved.Copyright/IP Policy |Terms of Service |Help |Feedback

NOTICE: We collect personal information on this site. To learn more about how we use your information, see our» Privacy Policy
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Damn, I must of been asleep during that class. Is it not private industry that creates jobs? Did I miss the class where the teacher was educating us that the government was a private industry?

I hate getting old. The Mind starts playing cruel little jokes on you.

Have you had your bowl of swill today, commrade? Be sure to come back tommorow for more.

As far as "green tech" jobs, there has been some government interference in the past. One reason that solar is slightly more expensive per kilowatt hour is that oil has been subsidized. So it's not a "free market" for private industry. We need a level playing field one way or another for private firms to choose what's truly cost effective. Also these jobs aren't for illiterates.
    As far as construction, we do need to build up our infrastructure to prevent further crumbling. Without assurances that only Americans will get these jobs, it seems pretty clear where the money would go. Why doesn't he say that this will be only for Americans? Because he is an illegal lover. In that regard, we should be extra careful where our tax money goes. I don't believe he has this country's interests at heart.

Rush commented on a family who had cut back on eating out and started to use coupons at the store, etc. It was interesting to note, that the family was NOT having any problems financially. They could still afford all those things. It was ONLY because of what they HEAR on the NEWS! This whole economy, recession is a self-fulfilling prophecy. Isn't it terribly convenient that this occurs during an election year and here come the liberals to save us all!

I doubt that many of those people who fear for the economy have the slightest understanding of just what it is and how it works. And I would bet that most of them are no worse off than they were a year ago. It's all a perception and a friend of mine verified this when he said, "I know a lot of people must be having a hard time." He wasn't, but surely, in his mind, a lot of people were because the NEWS said they were!!!

Not many remember the crash of "87. Economies must make corrections and artifical intervention by the govt only makes things worse.

I haven't seen any raises going around this year and the available jobs seem to pay less than a year ago. If you make the same this year as you did last then you aen't as well off becuase of inflation. So, I don't see things getting better, I see them getting worse. Of course lets all hope things do get better.

Obama said:
    "This agenda is paid for," Obama said as the Republican National Committee promoted an "Obama Spend-O-Meter" online to track his proposals and portray him as a tax-and-spend liberal. Obama explained that the money for his spending proposals will come from ending the Iraq war, cutting tax breaks for corporations, taxing carbon pollution and raising taxes on high income earners.
    I thought GM and other car manufacturers are big corporations?
    Then he contridicts himself by saying:
    "I believe that if our government is there to support you, and give you the assistance you need to retool and make this transition, that this plant will be here for another hundred years."
    Sounds like tax breaks and government handouts if you ask me?
    So which is it Obama?

MY RANT ON GM AND GOVCO:
    First of all these car company founders, owners and family leaniage have non profit foundations that have billions of dollars stashed away that came in the form of profit through the companies, let them use that money before they dip into the tax payers pockets. Maybe he CEO's and corporate heads made a little to much money. But they like picking on the production workers aye? Its all the little guys fualt!

Is it the American Peoples fualt that GM dropped the ball and let their business go down? I know alot of people want to blame the unions for the down fall of GM but I blame the CEO's for not looking into the future for better products. The fact is the Union workers made GM trillions and the workers are worth every dime of what they earn. Is it their fualt that GM squandered billions on Mega Plush offices and CEO paychecks? Is it the workers fualt that GM didn't diversify their capitol? Is it the workers fualt that GM seen the forecast going down and down every year and just took the wrong actions to right it's ship? The problem with the GM government is the same problem every government has. The people at the top don't live in the real world and don't know what people want. They think they know everything and this is what it takes for them to realize they don't. They will swear they know where the future trends are headed and lose billions of dollars while they maintain they know it all. After GM has lost billions they still think they know it all and blame it all on the unions instead of admitting their product is the same old junk. Yes, they have made some innovations but not big enough innovations that it will take to make them sustainable for another 100 years. Why can't private investors help GM do this? Why does GM need our tax dollars? If our tax dollars are used then how about the individual tax payers recieving a dividend check every quarter just as any other investor would expect? By the Government aidng GM isn't that like giving the shareholders a couple of dollars for every share? This is why government needs to butt out of business partnerships and shaky financial investment deals. Another thing is, its above the politicians heads and it invites corruption on every end of it, just like Enron did.

I feel as though I'm alone in knowing there is current technology right now to go oil independent as far as fuel goes. There are people right now that are building cars that run on water, hydrogen and even compressed air. Has anyone else seen these cars on the Discovery channel? The cars aren't even that expensive to produce according to the people making them. There are also simular technologies out there were equipment can be added to cars already produced at a pretty small cost to the owner which the owners would be glad to pay because they wouldn't be spending $2,000 a year in fuel cost anymore.
    Just look on youtube for the aircar or watercar. Discovery channel website might have something on it also.

Everytime there is a downturn in the economy thousands of small businesses go under but that is just tough tookies for those businesses, the government never wants to help any small businesses. If you have abusiness making $200 or $300K a year they just say, well you should have planned better, you should have diversified or obviously your business isn't sustainable. Let GM go under and the market will come up with a viable replacement that can stand on its own and is on a level playing field with other like businesses. We need to stop the nanny CEO state.

Obama says he wants to tax carbon pollution, which means every person on the planet. But is every person on the planet going to pay for pollution? No, but he will make darn sure Americans pay which is totally ludicrist. Its the same old scam politics.
    Unless we get those criminals & make them pay for what they have done to our country and the lawlessness they have sponsored, we are just another Mexico ourselves!

Obama explained that the money for his spending proposals will come from ending the Iraq war, cutting tax breaks for corporations, taxing carbon pollution and raising taxes on high income earners.
    Oh, sure, Obama -- end the war, right away. Not a worry about those vulnerable Iraqi people we swore we'd protect and aid until they were able on their own to defend themselves....who cares about them.

Oh,and yeah -- just sock it to the rich, the actual hard working people of this country who normally pay all the bills. Just take it from them -- who cares if they earned it -- it's ALL YOURS.

My God, this man is a thief in Armani clothing.

LOVE the part about the Obama Meter - where is the link?? Now, that needs to be put up on a billboard.

The problem with the GM government is the same problem every government has. The people at the top don't live in the real world and don't know what people want. They think they know everything and this is what it takes for them to realize they don't. They will swear they know where the future trends are headed and lose billions of dollars while they maintain they know it all.
    -- RIGHT ON!! As a former GM employee, this is exactly what has been going on for years -- just kept going on and going on...somehow the guys and gals at the top never lose their jobs! Shameful and disgusting -- glad I don't work for them anymore.

MW
    Jjmm wrote:

My God, this man is a thief in Armani clothing.
    No, he's Robin of Lockley. One exception though, he would take from the middle class too.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast