Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Obama regarding immigration and health benefits

Here is the latest email reply I got from Obama regarding immigration.
    I thought I’d share it with you!

-----------------------------------------
    To: Xxxxx@xxxx.net
    Subject: Message from Senator Barack Obama
    Date: Tuesday, March 04, 2008 5:40:11 PM

Dear Xxxxx:

Thank you for contacting me regarding undocumented immigration and health benefits. I appreciate hearing from you, and understand your concerns.

Undocumented immigration has significant adverse effects not only on American workers but also on our communities health and education infrastructure. I understand the strong feeling within Illinois that undocumented workers should not be rewarded for flaunting U.S. law. But it is also true that legal immigration has been beneficial to our country and is important to our continued economic and cultural growth. After all, America has always been known as a country of immigrants.

Over the past two decades, Congress has enacted significant changes in U.S. immigration policy, and understandably, there is some confusion about the scope of health benefits to non-citizens in this country. In 1986, Congress enacted the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (EMTALA) to address the problem of "patient dumping" in hospital emergency departments. As you may know, "patient dumping" occurs when a hospital turns away uninsured persons seeking emergency treatment, including medically unstable patients and women in active labor, so that the hospital will not have to absorb the cost of treating them. Under this law, any person who seeks emergency medical care at a Medicare participating hospital, regardless of ability to pay, immigration status, or any other characteristic, is guaranteed an appropriate screening exam and emergency stabilization treatment before discharge. However, to be eligible for the full range of benefits offered under Medicaid, an individual must be a U.S. citizen or qualified alien.

Xxxxx, I know that the people of Illinois, and the country, are tired of a politics that holds progress hostage because of Congress' inability to come together and find solutions to the problems that plague our country's immigration system. With millions of undocumented immigrants living in the shadows, we desperately need comprehensive legislation that coordinates a series of fragmented needs -- from tightened border security to temporary worker programs -- into a coherent whole. You may be sure that I will continue to work with my colleagues in the Senate and the people of Illinois toward reasonable and effective improvements to our country's immigration system.

Thank you for contacting me on this matter. Please keep in touch on this or any issue of concern to you.

Sincerely,

Barack Obama
    United States Senator
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

Under this law, any person who seeks emergency medical care at a Medicare participating hospital, regardless of ability to pay, immigration status, or any other characteristic, is guaranteed an appropriate screening exam and emergency stabilization treatment before discharge. However, to be eligible for the full range of benefits offered under Medicaid, an individual must be a U.S. citizen or qualified alien.
    Then why are so many illegal alien women crossing the border in late stages of pregnancy to drop anchor?

Pre-natal care is NOT an emergency. Why are so many hospitals going bankrupt from delivering babies of illegal aliens?

Lies, all lies
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

xxx, I know that the people of Illinois, and the country, are tired of a politics that holds progress hostage because of Congress' inability to come together and find solutions to the problems that plague our country's immigration system. With millions of undocumented immigrants living in the shadows, we desperately need comprehensive legislation that coordinates a series of fragmented needs -- from tightened border security to temporary worker programs -- into a coherent whole. You may be sure that I will continue to work with my colleagues in the Senate and the people of Illinois toward reasonable and effective improvements to our country's immigration system.
    Looks like the illegal invaders can come out of the shadows as I do not see any mention of comprehensive immigration enforcement from this guy.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Obama regarding immigration and health benefits

Quote Originally Posted by MadInChicago
    Here is the latest email reply I got from Obama regarding immigration.In 1986, Congress enacted the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (EMTALA)

This law has wreaked havoc on our hospitals and medical clinics all over the country because of the illegals causing some to close and others soon to follow.

If Obama wins there is going to be a mad stampede to the border. That is if everyone in central america isn't here already.

Obama . . . we have always been a country of LEGAL immigrants!!!!
    Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.*** -G.K. Chesterton from the book 'The Shack' by Wm. Paul Young-

Obama's health plan is certainly NOT what the doctor ordered!

I believe he talks tougher than McCain does.
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

Quote Originally Posted by mapwife
    I believe he talks tougher than McCain does.
    Oddly enough yesterday I just got an email reply from McCain, and I don’t recall emailing him in the first place. This reply doesn’t say too much so that doesn’t help at telling me when or what I said. The best I recall is about 4 or 5 weeks ago, I did go to “Congress.govâ€
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>