Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Obama Supporters Call For Secessionists to be Deported secession as a thought crime

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Obama Supporters Call For Secessionists to be Deported secession as a thought crime

Obama Supporters Call For Secessionists to be Deported

Leftists want to characterize secession as a thought crime
    Paul Joseph Watson
    Infowars.com
    November 15, 2012

Leftist control freaks are attempting to turn the call for states to secede from the union into a thought crime – by asking the government to have its advocates stripped of their citizenship, deported and exiled.
    The viral stampede for secession has now reached a crescendo, with residents of all 50 states filing petitions with the White House calling to withdraw from the United States and form new governments independent of federal control.

The petition for Texas, the largest so far with over 107,000 signatures, states, “The US continues to suffer economic difficulties stemming from the federal government’s neglect to reform domestic and foreign spending. The citizens of the US suffer from blatant abuses of their rights such as the NDAA, the TSA, etc. Given that the state of Texas maintains a balanced budget and is the 15th largest economy in the world, it is practically feasible for Texas to withdraw from the union, and to do so would protect it’s citizens’ standard of living and re-secure their rights and liberties in accordance with the original ideas and beliefs of our founding fathers which are no longer being reflected by the federal government.”
    A Daily Caller investigation found that the kind of people filing the petitions are Marine veterans, parents, mechanics and businessmen.
    However, secessionist fervor has been met with a statist backlash, with other Americans, primarily supporters of Barack Obama, filing counter-petitions asking the government to, “Strip the Citizenship from Everyone who Signed a Petition to Secede and Exile Them.” A similar petition calls on the Obama administration to, “Deport Everyone That Signed A Petition To Withdraw Their State From The United States Of America.”
    The two petitions calling for those who advocate secession to be deported have achieved a combined total of just over 32,000 signatures, whereas the petitions calling for states to secede are now approaching a million signatures.
    However, one of the petitions attempting to characterize secessionists as thought criminals is just 4,700 signatures short of a 25,000 target that would automatically mandate a White House review – a figure already surpassed by at least seven of the petitions calling for secession.
    Many Obama-supporting Twitter users have also voiced their desire to see secessionists targeted by the government merely for voicing a political grievance. View a selection of Tweets below.

Liberal Obama supporters calling for pro-secessionists to be demonized and punished as thought criminals would do well to remember the aftermath of George W. Bush’s re-election in 2004, when Democrats also called for secession.
    Although some have tried to characterize calls for secession as anti-American, people like Congressman Ron Paul have pointed out that it is in fact as American as apple pie.
    In a 2009 Campaign for Liberty video, Paul stated, “It’s very American to talk about secession — that’s how we came into being. Thirteen colonies seceded from the British and established a new country, so secession is very much an American principle.”
    When asked how he viewed recent calls for secession, Ron Paul spokeswoman Rachel Mills said the Congressman “feels the same now” as he did about it three years ago.
    Watch a clip below in which Alex Jones talks about the real history behind secession.

Paul Joseph Watson is the editor and writer for Infowars.com and Prison Planet.com. He is the author of Order Out Of Chaos. Watson is also a host for Infowars Nightly News.
    This article was posted: Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 9:04 am

» Obama Supporters Call For Secessionists to be Deported Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If we secede they don't have to deport us we'll already be in a foreign country.
    Never give up! Never surrender! Never compromise your values!*
    __________________________________________________ __

NO MORE ROTHSCHILD STOOGES IN PUBLIC OFFICE!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Secession Talk: “Next to Our Liberty, Most Dear”
    Secession Talk: “Next to Our Liberty, Most Dear”

By Michelle Zook

I’ll admit I spent most of Wednesday lying on my couch with a bag of leftover Halloween candy, watching reruns of Warehouse 13 on Netflix, and generally sulking. Then I started seeing people posting on Twitter about voting fraud and secession petitions, and those two topics have since provided hours of amusement.

I’ll tie them together, because in an odd way, they’re related. Do I doubt there was voter fraud? No. Do I think it was enough to get Obama reelected? Maybe. Do I see a way forward if we keep talking about it? Absolutely not. Attorney General Eric “Fast and Furious” , “What Black Panther” , “Oh, executive privilege!” Holder has already shown a shocking disregard for our Constitution and a lack of interest in prosecuting or upholding laws he disagrees with. Does anyone really think he’s all of the sudden going to be interested in this when it kept his boss in power?

Which leads to the secession part, because it raises a valid question: IF people believe the Constitution is the supreme law of the land and IF they believe this government is no longer operating in line with it, what’s to stop them from leaving?

A lot, actually.

It’s true, there is legal case law against secession, but law has a funny way of being written by the victors. Might makes right, so if Red States decided to go and had the might to go, then legal issues could be taken care of later.

But it’s in that “might” part we find the hiccup. This is not 19th Century America any longer. The United States actually has a standing army, with tanks and airplanes. If you think the federal government will just let states peacefully leave the Union because they petition it, then, heck, let’s start petitioning for all kinds of stuff, like answers on Benghazi, lower taxes, and the abolishment of the TSA. And if you miss my sarcasm and still think I’m sincere about the petitions, then I have a bridge to sell you, after we all finish getting run over by tanks.

Another issue with secession is that in the 19th Century, we had far more people who were used to living off the land and could function in a rural environment. Throw your average person out now without a cell phone, no food, no running water, no electricity, and no car, and chaos will ensue. A good example of this is to just watch what happens in whatever part of the country is hit by a natural disaster.

So, yes, I understand a lot of people are frustrated with the direction of the country. I share your frustration. I realize we probably don’t have the Senate votes to impeach and the GOP is going to spend the next four years navel-gazing on what went wrong, while completely ignoring they’ve lost whole swathes of voters. I hate inaction as much as the next person, but if we’re going to act, we need to get focused.

First, find out the names of your state legislators. We may not be able to secede, but we can nullify. Get your state legislators and governor onboard with the idea. Pester them every day on Twitter, send them links to Facebook’s Tenth Amendment Group, and if you’re not sure what nullification is, please read up on it. Encourage your state to wean itself off of federal money so that the Tenth Amendment can have teeth again.

Second, while we need to get away from identity politics (having a Mormon presidential nominee and a Catholic vice presidential nominee turned out SO WELL that Mormons stayed home and Catholics voted for Obama!), we do need to look at creating dialogue. This does not mean betraying the principles we believe in. What it does mean is explaining what a limited federal government with robust state governments would look like and how it would help women, minorities, and, well, everyone. And it means learning how to explain it in a way that’s non-threatening and leads them to the conclusions that this style of government we have now is bad.

Third, it may mean getting involved. Maybe there’s a school council board seat opening up. Maybe there’s a city council seat opening up. But wherever there’s an opportunity to have an impact on your local or state government, take the chance! A school board seat may seem insignificant, but you’re having an impact on what children are learning—and in this battle for hearts and minds, that can hardly be insignificant.
    In writing all of this, I am reminded of Andrew Jackson and John C. Calhoun, and the struggle for the soul of the nation in the mid-19th Century. The Civil War didn’t start with the shots fired at Fort Sumter. Nullification had been a raging crisis for years — even decades — before, and in 1830, President Jackson proposed a toast, “Our federal Union, it must be preserved.” To which Vice President Calhoun responded coolly, “The Union, next to our liberty, most dear.”

Let us keep our priorities in order. Liberty is always our most precious gift from God — and we must do what we can to restore our Constitutional rights. Secession is not the answer we’re looking for, but if we follow in Vice President Calhoun’s footsteps, we can at least try to use nullification to get the results we want.
    Rating: 5.0/5 (1 vote cast)

Read more: Secession Talk: “Next to Our Liberty, Most Dear”
    Last edited by kathyet; 11-16-2012 at 10:34 AM.