Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Obama's Lit. Agent: Born in Kenya, Raised in Indonesia and Hawaii

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

May 17, 2012

Literary Agent Says 1991 Booklet was a Mistake

Breitbart News reports on a promotional booklet produced in 1991 by Barack Obama's then-literary agency which describes the author as "born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii."

Miriam Goderich issued the following statement to Political Wire:

"You're undoubtedly aware of the brouhaha stirred up by Breitbart about the erroneous statement in a client list Acton & Dystel published in 1991 (for circulation within the publishing industry only) that Barack Obama was born in Kenya. This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me -- an agency assistant at the time. There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more."

Full disclosure: I am a client of the same literary agency.

Quote Originally Posted by florgal View Post
    May 17, 2012

Breitbart News reports on a promotional booklet produced in 1991 by Barack Obama's then-literary agency which describes the author as "born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii."

"You're undoubtedly aware of the brouhaha stirred up by Breitbart about the erroneous statement in a client list Acton & Dystel published in 1991 (for circulation within the publishing industry only) that Barack Obama was born in Kenya. This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me -- an agency assistant at the time. There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more."

Of course it was an error....uh huh
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    May 17, 2012

Yeah blah blah blah we are all gullible.....we will go back to sleep......NOT...there is tons of evidence including that from Sheriff Joe that he is a fraud. I am sick of the lies on lies and more lies......and I guess what I am most upset about is that all the traitors in Washington KNOW HE IS A FRAUD and they are doing nothing about it!

quote(Of course the Obots are in full damage control, promising that the literary agent "misidentified Obama's birthplace.)quote

If so why nearly 20 years before caught,or perhaps if he was born in Hawaii and using Kenya on college forms to gain benefits /???, lots of unanswered questions.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasBorn View Post
    Steve, where did this video come from, what was the occasion and the date of the event if you know.
    It was posted july 11, 2009

Uploaded on Jul 11, 2009

News sources like to display the POTUS as a GOD throughout the world but in reality he is greatly disrespected as you will clearly witness.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

quote(Of course the Obots are in full damage control, promising that the literary agent "misidentified Obama's birthplace.)quote

If so why nearly 20 years before caught,or perhaps if he was born in Hawaii and using Kenya on college forms to gain benefits /???, lots of unanswered questions.

Oldguy
    , Either way it proves, once again, that Obama is a liar and a cheat. But this, along with the total lack of legitimate documentation of not only his birthplace, but his college transcripts, passports, other papers related to his education in the States, shows a deception with deep roots. Not to mention his multiple Social Security numbers, one from a state he never lived in! It's simply too much to ignore or toss up as coincidence. The man is no good.
    Last edited by florgal; 05-18-2012 at 10:29 AM. Reason: insert quote

May 17, 2012

The Denial Fest has begun. Boring, but as predictable as the sunrise.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

I like the headline i saw last night..."Obama the pathological liar"
    I think the shoe fits!

Shocker! Obama was still 'Kenyan-born' in 2003

Literary references show description in promotion of 'Dreams' book

Published: 43 mins ago

Screenshot of Dystel & Goderich's author bios page from 2003, from Wayback Machine
    While some quickly dismissed as an anomaly yesterday’s explosive revelation that Barack Obama’s former literary agency billed him as “born in Kenya” back in 1991 in connection with a book he never wrote, WND has discovered much later published references – some dated as recently as 2003 – used to promote his highly touted book “Dreams of My Father.”

As WND reported, Breitbart News originally found a brochure from two decades ago in which literary agency Acton & Dystel promoted Obama as the author of the never-produced “Journeys in Black and White” by declaring Obama was “born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii.”
    Through the Internet archive Wayback Machine, WND found an August 2003 listing of Dystel & Goderich’s author bios, including the following: “Barack Obama was the first black president of the Harvard Law Review. He was born in Kenya to an American anthropologist and a Kenyan finance minister, and was raised in Indonesia, Hawaii and Chicago. His first book is ‘Dreams of My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance.”
    Twelve years later, however, the Dystel of Acton & Dystel was busy promoting Obama’s new book, “Dreams of My Father,” and still touting the author as “born in Kenya.”
    Even if the original 1991 brochure’s listing of Kenya as Obama’s birthplace was in error, as the agency has since claimed, it apparently was an error Obama allowed his publicist to persist in for over a decade.
    Sheriff Joe Arpaio reacts to latest Obama-Kenya connection in an exclusive interview with WND.
    Image from Breitbart.com

The text of Obama’s biography in the brochure Breitbart reported on, created by Acton & Dystel in 1991, states:
    “Barack Obama, the first African-American president of the Harvard Law Review, was born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii. The son of an American anthropologist and a Kenyan finance minister, he attended Columbia University and worked as a financial journalist and editor for Business International Corporation. He served as project coordinator in Harlem for the New York Public Interest Research Group, and was Executive Director of the Developing Communities Project in Chicago’s South Side. His commitment to social and racial issues will be evident in his first book, Journeys in Black and White.”
    Breitbart News published a disclaimer at the beginning of its report stating its late founder, Andrew Breitbart, was never a “Birther” and Breitbart News “has never advocated the narrative of ‘Birtherism.’” Breitbart himself once characterized Obama’s eligibility as “not a winning issue.”
    What’s wrong with just reporting the facts? Joseph Farah blasts the “anti-birther” narrative that infects most of the media – Bretibart.com included. Read his latest column, “Breakthrough on eligibility story,” now.
    “Regardless of the reason for Obama’s odd biography, the Acton & Dystel booklet raises new questions as part of ongoing efforts to understand Barack Obama – who, despite four years in office remains a mystery to many Americans, thanks to the mainstream media,” the report says.
    Yet the biographies are just a few of numerous published reports – as well as personal claims – that Obama was born abroad, including the recent testimony of a Chicago-area postal worker who reported he was told by the parents of Bill Ayers that Obama was a foreigner.
    Allen Hulton, a retired Chicago-area mailman, has come forward with his first-person recollection of a clean-cut young man he identified as Obama who approached him and told him he was going to be president.
    Allen Hulton (WND photo)

Hulton delivered mail to Tom and Mary Ayers in a Chicago suburb in the late 1980s and early 1990s and claims to have met Obama in front of the Ayers home.
    He has given a sworn affidavit to investigators commissioned by Maricopa County, Ariz., Sheriff Joe Arpaio to determine whether Obama is eligible for Arizona’s 2012 election ballot. Hulton has recorded about three hours of video interviews with WND.
    Hulton says that in conversations with Mary Ayers while on his route he learned of the couple’s enthusiasm and support for a black foreign student. One bright, warm Chicagoland day, he recounts, he met the student who fit Mary Ayers’ description in front of the Ayers home in Glen Ellyn, Ill. That young man, Hulton is convinced, was Barack Obama.
    Hulton delivered mail to the Ayers, who are both deceased, when he was stationed at the post office in Glen Ellyn, an upper-middle class suburb 25 miles west of downtown Chicago, from late 1986 to 1997. He was a Postal Service employee from March 28, 1962, through March 30, 2001.

Rest of story at:

Shocker! Obama was still ‘Kenyan-born’ in 2003

'FACT CHECKING ERROR'? OBAMA LIT AGENTS ASK WRITERS TO SUBMIT THEIR OWN BIOS

by Steve Boman 2 hours ago 124 post a comment
    Submission guidelines at the Dystel & Goderich website (original emphasis): "[Y]ou should describe in two or three sentences—no more—what the book will be about. This is followed by another brief paragraph on why it is being written and then another on why you are qualified to write it....Finally, there should be a more formal narrative Bio of the author."

Rest of the story at:

A 'Fact Checking Error'? Dystel & Goderich Ask Writers to Submit Their Own Bios

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast