Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Oh hell, Romney is remaining silent on Obama's executive amnesty

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Oh hell, Romney is remaining silent on Obama's executive amnesty

Romney's silence is deafening and bodes ill for the survival of the American republic.

Adviser Suggests Romney Will Focus on Economy, Not Immigration

Adviser Suggests Romney Will Focus on Economy, Not Immigration - ABC News

President Obama’s announcement that he will ease deportation for the children of some illegal immigrants underscores an area where Mitt Romney was to the right of most of his primary opponents.

While Texas Gov. Rick Perry and Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich both endorsed pathways to legal residency for some illegal immigrants, Romney never did.

Romney has not yet reacted to the news today from President Obama that he will no longer pursue the deportation of many young undocumented citizens that came to this country as children by their parents.

But campaign adviser Kevin Madden suggested he won’t be distracted by this issue and will instead remain “focus(ed) very intently on the issue of the economy.”

“I think the message that he has to Latino voters, Hispanic voters, is going to be related to what he can do to put the country on the right track and how it’s going to help, how it’s going to help folks who want more opportunity in this country,” Madden said on MSNBC Friday just before the president made the announcement in the Rose Garden.

Get more pure politics at ABC News.com/Politics and a lighter take on the news at OTUSNews.com

Romney has consistently opposed The Dream Act, which president Obama supports and would create a pathway to citizenship for the children of illegal immigrants. President Obama’s order does not go that far, but will keep them from being deported.

“I’ve indicated I would veto the DREAM Act if provisions included in that act say that people who were here illegally — if they go to school here long enough, if they get a degree here — then they can become permanent residents,’ he said at a GOP debate in South Carolina in January. “I think that’s a mistake.”

At a presidential debate on NBC News in January Romney advocated for a “self deportation” policy.

“The answer is self-deportation,” he responded. “People who come here legally would be given a transition period to work here, but then they would no longer have the documentation to stay here. We’d have a card that says who is here legally. If they’re not here legally, they’re going to find they can’t get work here. Ultimately, with this transition period, they would get in line at home.”
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Mitt Romney could have easily dealt a fatal blow to Obama right after his speech by issuing his own press statement declaring he will immediately reverse this policy change upon getting into office. Instead he does as I have always expected from this ..... person.... which is nothing. Is he going to wait until the weekend to say anything when people will have moved on to other matters? The day is not over and he needs to say something RIGHT NOW as I'm posting this!!

Im about to put this out.... anyone see any errors in this??

ALIPAC Calls for Mitt Romney To Respond To Obama's Executive Decree Amnesty
    http://www.alipac.us/f8/alipac-calls...mnesty-259420/

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    We just got Romney's response to this live on television and surprise surprise, he agrees with Marco Rubio. There you have it folks, the liar finally comes out of his shell on this issue. I'll wait for online publications to quote him before discussing this idiotic move of his. Real quickly though, from what I heard he say he wants a long term solution for these young people not a short term fix like Obama's.

I am furious to see how Obama sales the country to a group of illegals for his reelection. No doubt we already know who to vote.
    Illegal immigration is a serious problem compared to a virus or a plague if we don't fight it on time the consequences would be catastrophic.

This made us all mad and yes we would like Romney to come out swinging, but really is that the right course to take? Isn't that what Obama wants? So far Obama has been his own worst enemy with his own words coming back to bite him in the butt. I really think this will be another case where Obama is going to anger many Americans especially out of work Americans, Democrats as well as Republicans.

We can't be 100% certain, but it appears that our ALIPAC calls and release may have stimulated Romney's response that came out shortly after our release started rolling out...

http://www.alipac.us/f8/alipac-issue...legals-259397/

Sided with Rubio? Source link please.

W

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MontereySherry View Post
    This made us all mad and yes we would like Romney to come out swinging, but really is that the right course to take? Isn't that what Obama wants? So far Obama has been his own worst enemy with his own words coming back to bite him in the butt. I really think this will be another case where Obama is going to anger many Americans especially out of work Americans, Democrats as well as Republicans.
    See this is what I'm afraid of. Next thing you know, Romney decides to support Rubio's Dream ACT and we get angry. Oh but that's what Obama wants, to get us mad at Romney so we must do the opposite and accept whatever Romney wants at this point... even full fledged amnesty. So what we end up with is the illegal alien activists having accomplished their goal of transforming the discussion from doing anything in our power to oppose illegal immigration to must defeat Obama at all costs even if the opponent supports illegals one way or another. And boom, they've done yet it again. First with Bush and now Romney.

Quote Originally Posted by googler View Post
    See this is what I'm afraid of. Next thing you know, Romney decides to support Rubio's Dream ACT and we get angry. Oh but that's what Obama wants, to get us mad at Romney so we must do the opposite and accept whatever Romney wants at this point... even full fledged amnesty. So what we end up with is the illegal alien activists having accomplished their goal of transforming the discussion from doing anything in our power to oppose illegal immigration to must defeat Obama at all costs even if the opponent supports illegals one way or another. And boom, they've done yet it again. First with Bush and now Romney.
    Exactly Googler! We have only two choices, Obama or Romney. Not only is Obama hoping to gain the Latino vote he is counting on us getting mad at Romney and not voting.

The Dreamers are all counting on Obama winning and passing a permanent law rasing the age from 30 to 35.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MontereySherry View Post
    Exactly Googler! We have only two choices, Obama or Romney. Not only is Obama hoping to gain the Latino vote he is counting on us getting mad at Romney and not voting.

The Dreamers are all counting on Obama winning and passing a permanent law rasing the age from 30 to 35.
    And the Dreamers are all hoping they don't have to rely on Obama winning, but instead Romney soften his position so that they don't have to sweat over who wins. It's a win win for them. They're playing a very devious game here and so far it's working out for them very well given Romney's response to Obama today on his shift in policy.

We have a third choice, one that would require the resources of groups like Alipac, Tea Partiers, Independents, etc. Get behind a third candidate that will actually stand on something and beat both these Democratic and Republican stooges. Poll and poll has shown Americans by and large want no help for illegal aliens, and so the position to take on this is simple and clear. A third candidate who understands this will win.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast