Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: oh no tancredo

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

oh no tancredo

I actually agree with Tancredo's premise to severly cut back legal immigration for a period of assimilation (btw this should take no more than a few years).

But he said it in such a manner that I kinda didn't like it. In fact thinking about it more I am kind of against it.... but i supported it before the debate.

The problem I thought was that limiting the legal immigration could increase illegal border crossers making our job that much harder.

I think by the next debate he needs to build a solid and sound immigration policy. Spell out exactly how he wants to tackle the illegal immigration issues. Here is a good start:

1. Fund and Finish the Fence
    2. Increase ICE and BP staffing and pay
    3. Lay heavy fines on prison time on employers
    4. Get rid of employeer sponsored immigration
    5. After a few years for steps 1-3 to kick in cut back legal visa's for a year or two.
    6. Develop ways to help new LEGAL immigrants assimilate
    7. Raise immigration levels (but not to the current levels)

To drive home the point against importing doctors, engineers and scientist he should have a solid Education proposal and introduce them hand in hand. Stating that the better education will decrease the need for foreign workers and increase the status of Americans in professional workplaces.

I like supporting Tancredo because he is so hardnosed on immigration. But he is not a public speaker nor a politician (read: not somebody that smooths things over and lies to get votes)

I'm starting to think supporting Hunter might get our issue a little further just because he is a much more likeable candidate.

I like Tancredo's ideals, but I don't like his approach. Maybe he knows he will never be president though and just wants to shake things up on the immigration issue.

Well, I was disappointed about one thing. When the question was asked what they would do different than the last administration, I thought Tancredo or Duncan Hunter would have said, "Start listening to the American people."

And when Tancredo was stumbling about the push one for English language on the phone, he should have quoted Teddy Roosevelt with the one flag, one language and one loyalty thing.

I think Duncan Hunter was more impressive than he was last time.

As for McCain, he is trying to make this border security thing all about terrorists and is trying to leave the illegals out of that part of the problem.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    When the question was asked what they would do different than the last administration.
    I was so hoping Tancredo or Hunter would have said "Stop listening to Kennedy and McCain on immigration."

In all fairness to Tancredo, with the pressure cooker of live coverage it's fairly difficult to come up with the right answer consistently (on the spot!) and fairly easy to stumble into a poorly worded turn of phrase at least once.

Obviously Tom is neither the best orator nor the most telegenic but he won the debate in my book by at least being honest and expressing some uncomfortable truths.

As much as we pride ourselves on being a "Nation of Immigrants", a timeout on legal immigratio is long overdue. Quite frankly, I doubt anyone else would have the guts to be so candid with the American people.

I think Tancredo shot himself in the foot tonight with his restriction of legal immigration. Let's get through illegal immigration first !!!

I think he appeared an extremist which was very sad.

Well, I think Tancredo just wasn't prepared, but those of us who listen to him speak, know he means well. He's just fired up about the illegal immigration problem like we all are.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think Tancredo shot himself in the foot tonight with his restriction of legal immigration. Let's get through illegal immigration first !!!

I think he appeared an extremist which was very sad.
    [/quote]

Yeah, I kinda thought that at first, too. But in thinking about his performance and what he was trying to say was...Time out on ALL immigration for enough time as to what it takes to properly assess the mess we now are in. Based on that assessment, then lets institute a better LEGAL immigration system based on our needs and what is actually good for our country. Our country will not fall apart nor will jobs go so completely unfilled that America will fall apart.

It's just too bad that he was so rushed by Wolfe Blitzer that he didn't have enough time to collect his thoughts and effectively say them. I just sorta read between the lines to come up with what I wrote above. Isn't it sad that a politician that calls for having a time out on ALL immigration could be labelled an extremist when there are so many politicians promoting absolute giveways of citizenship, benfits and entitlements to Illegal Aliens and be considered the norm? This country is in a total mess because allmost no politician will say the the "dirty" word...DEPORTATION, which is the only effective solution to current illegal aliens and the only deterrent to further illegal immigration

MW
    duece212 wrote:

I'm starting to think supporting Hunter might get our issue a little further just because he is a much more likeable candidate.
    That has been my thinking all along. Well, maybe I wouldn't use the word likeable. However, I do think Hunter is much more comfortable in these debates and does a better job of expressing his views.

Hunter and Tancredo are almost identical in their voting history on border security and immigration (they're both very consistent), but unfortunately many voters view Tancredo as a little extreme. With that said, I like Tancredo and would have absolutely no problem voting for him but Hunter remains my #1 choice.

I thought Ron Paul did an excellent job tonight. However, I'm having a difficult time getting through his whinny voice and pansy look . He too would get my vote if he was the Republican nomination! My choices are: #1 Hunter, #2 Tancredo, #3 Paul.

Zeezil wrote:

Isn't it sad that a politician that calls for having a time out on ALL immigration could be labelled an extermist when there are so many politicians promoting absolute giveways of citizenship, benfits and entitlements to Illegal Aliens and be considered the norm?
    YES!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It's just too bad that he was so rushed by Wolfe Blitzer that he didn't have enough time to collect his thoughts and effectively say them. I just sorta read between the lines to come up with what I wrote above. Isn't it sad that a politician that calls for having a time out on ALL immigration could be labelled an extermist when there are so many politicians promoting absolute giveways of citizenship, benfits and entitlements to Illegal Aliens and be considered the norm? This country is in a total mess because allmost no politician will say the the "dirty" word...DEPORTATION, which is the only effective solution to current illegal aliens and the only deterrent to further illegal immigration
    Yes, our inability to speak plainly about this issue is killing our country.

You'd be surprised how receptive ordinary people are to deportations and temporary restrictions on legal immigration when you tell them how we are endanger of losing our country within a generation. I've found this out firsthand...and with uber-liberals no less!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast