Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

A bunch of us checked this out and advised W to hold off. There may be grain of truth somewhere in here, such as some sort of incident that happened that weekend, but there is no reason to take this story at face value at this time.

This is not just about whether the incident happened or not. It's about whether a reasonable person should believe this story based upon the information that has been presented so far.

We need to exercise extreme caution about what we believe and spread because if we turn out to have been taken in, it will do more damage than if La Raza had burned down our houses and thrown us in jail.

There are big red flags all over this story.

1. It has changed materially and significantly after questions were asked.

2. There are inconsistencies in the information given. One example: claims of needing secrecy due to death threats, yet the alleged blotter report names some officers, including one with a very distinctive name. It claims to be a photograph of a police computer screen, so the name should be real if the photo is. And what is the address or name of the ranch - should have been on a confidential police transmission.

3. If they are threatening the witnesses, why aren't Kim Dvorak and Jeff Schwilk worried about their own safety? If the Zetas are so almighty?

4. If the victims called police, they must not have been afraid to do so. Yet now they are afraid to talk?

5. The modus operandi ascribed to the Zetas makes no sense. Why would they need to seize someone's home for a drug deal? If they are that powerful, there are many other ways to secure a building for privacy. Local Texans have remarked that the Zetas don't need to seize buildings, they could buy or rent them. Other Mexican nationals are coming across with bags of cash and buying homes in America.

6. It is especially necessary to be cautious about believing and spreading stories that seem like bonanza validations that confirm our side. With the Internet as it is, it is very easy for fakery to occur that would leave us looking very bad.

7. If this story turns out to be true, you'll see it here. But right now, there are just too many claims of secrecy, too many missing details that should be there, and too many missing pieces for people to run with this story now.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

BetsyRoss,

Do you know if anyone on our research team has attempted to or been able to contact the officers that are mentioned by name in this alleged police blotter?

If not, can we get someone on those calls if they have not been made already?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Don't get me wrong , I don't blame alipac for anything

I welcome the great fact checking and making sure that story is correct

I will say its not impossible for the powers that be (feds,etc) to cover something like this up, they have a huge amount of heat on them right now.

As to sources , Digger is usually ok , unless something changed , I can't see him going on Jeffs word because Jeff is somewhat of a moron ,

I just saw the new story and thought I'd put it up for discussion and either vndicated or struck down.

William , you are the power that be here.
    If in your careful opinion , using your research (and I know its awesome) and input from members on the site , I value your statements as I know others do.

It was not a dig at you , I hope you don't think it was.

I happen to have voicemail in to the PR person with the Webb County Sheriff's office. I was passed around a lot but finally got to leave a message. Such people are in a lot of meetings, especially if there is something that needs to be explained. You wll be the first to know when I get an answer. The incident did not happen within the jurisdiction of the Laredo Police Department so anything from them would be second hand.

Who is San Diego Minutemen Jeff Schwilk? I'd say just about every article I've read said that Jeff was the first "source" on this story.

Betsy, you made some great points. ^^ I'll be thinking about them as I keep searching but your point number 5 I read a counter suggestion.

http://snardfarker.ning.com/profiles/bl ... anch-story

There have been gun-battles through the streets and fragmentation grenades used as the government of Mexico tries to run the
    Los Zetas out of their stronghold there. People died and were wounded.
    The city was on lockdown and the US government issued warnings to US
    citizens in the area to remain indoors. With our lack of border security
    and porous borders, it is not beneath my intellect to believe that the
    Los Zetas could be forced into a retreat into US territory and attempt
    to seize a hideout.
    -------------------------------------------------
    The guy that wrote that article had some other good points he mentions. One of the things he mentions, and I haven't found anything saying other wise, is the fact that the Police have not yet come out and denied everything. So far all the Police articles I've read use double talk. I'll keep looking for Police statements but if anyone has any that show the Police deny everything, I'd appreciate a link.

Nvm

I'm not a mod so I didn't and couldn't have deleted anything.

Yes, the Zetas are violent as heck, and prone to theatrically dangerous endeavors. But the story changed. First, they supposedly seized two ranches as their base of operations. Then they only seized one, and it was said that they do this for short periods of time, no more than an hour or so and often much less. If they were doing anything on American soil like they did in some city battles, that would call for the National Guard at the very least, not some county sheriff.

If they were regularly seizing homes for short periods of time, that is something that would have too many witnesses to be hidden for long. Now we have had reliable accounts that rural people near the border sometimes encounter illegals as squatters if they find a house or building vacant. So there is an element of possibility here.

If the Zetas found it too hot in Mexico, it wouldn't be any safter for them here for long.

I had a acquaintance that actually traveled to the area on the Monday after it happened to put eyes on and dig around because he knows a lot of folks in that area. After contacting various ranch formen that he knew, he said that he heard nothing about it when he returned the following week. He is not an OBL, and is a straight up person and patriotic. My input to William was to wait for absolute proof because of the gravity of the situation.

If the incident happened, there is no reason for anyone at ALIPAC to deny or cover it up. If it happened and it was covered up, then those that did the cover up were doing a disservice to the people of this country and they did a bang up job of not letting it get out.

If it did happen and was shut down so that the sheeple didn't stampede, then those responsible should be brought to task.

I am still undecided on the validity of the story and unwilling to promote it.

This appeared in the Houston Chronicle in May 2009.According to the FBI , the Zetas may very well have purchased their own ranch in Texas.

[quote]http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/6432122.html

FBI: Texas drug cell trains on own ranch
    By DANE SCHILLER Copyright 2009 Houston Chronicle
    May 19, 2009, 7:53PM

The FBI is advising law enforcement officers across the country that a Texas cell of Los Zetas — an increasingly powerful arm of the Mexican Gulf Cartel drug trafficking syndicate — has acquired a secluded ranch where it trains its members to “neutralizeâ€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The problem I am having since I DO live here in Texas only a few hours from the problems happening is that I have personally seen stories appear on TV and on TV web sites and within hours they have been removed and no one will admit to them being there. My wife and I saw a news report on a local Houston channel last week about a tremendous gun fight in Reynosa between Mexican military and drug cartels. The story was dropped and there is no mention of it anywhere. It's like it never happened. Yet when we scan Mexican new papers we find these incidents and more mentioned. The MSM is lying to us, our own government is spreading propaganda and lies. We who live on the front line have no other opptions but to take news from every souce we can find it.

I know nothing of Digger other that what has been posted here and have never used them as a source anyway. The Examiner is a credible source as I know one of the writers. I can't imagine what anyone would have to gain about fabricating a story like this. On the other hand I can't imagine why the ZETA would want a confrontation with the US Military. It appeared the story might have been bogus but still it keeps coming up. Yes there are red flags, on BOTH sides. I think this is worthy of further investigation, especially since my family is on the front lines and at immediate danger if these drug cartels start taking over this area. Since this new story came up, I think it shoudl be further investigated instead of deleted and passed off as a bad souce. This police document came from somewhere and is definitely worth of looking at and being question.

What I don't appreciate is my posting of the same story being deleted without a moderator at least giving me the common curtsy of a PM telling me why. I have been a member of ALIPAC longer than most here and have also donated money. I think that is the least that is owed to those of us who post here and donate, professional curtsy.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Yes, someone should have contacted you and explained. As for the Examiner, my hunch is that Kimberly Dvorak is being fed information by sources who may not have a reliable story. I cannot see why she'd risk her credibility on something that she knew or suspected was a hoax. She has something to lose if she did.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast