Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

One Final Damaging Thing To Point Out

Before I call it an evening and spend a few precious hours with my 3 year old, I felt compelled to post this. As we all know there are literally hundreds of reasons that this bill is bad news. On Saturday I posted an article about the race based preferences that will be given to illegals if the bill is passed.

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... highlight=

Something else just struck me, here's how this bill can hurt employers:

If you are an employer who doesn't hire a (legalized) former illegal alien you will be open to Equal Employment Opportunity Council, EEOC, complaints and fines. If you refuse to hire someone (on an ethical basis) because you find the fact that they stole their way into the country objectionable or because they can't speak English, you can and will be sued. You likely will not be able to make English a requirement to qualify for a job.

Employers all over the country will be forced to hire people that they don't want simply to aviod litigation and fines.

Just another reason to hate S 1639 and most ethical employers should be scared to death of this side effect of the bill.
    Check your credit report regularly, an illegal may be using your Social Security number.

Jecg, what gets me is this. We all know big business is pressing to have a flow of cheap labor. Well if they make all the illegals citizens, then they will demand equal pay, benefits, the list goes on and on.
    With this in mind, it makes me wonder if they've thought about this because the "cheap labor" market would disapper with another amnesty, therefore decreasing their greedy $60 million bonus packages.
    I'm no economist, but in my opinion, they will make the repressed wage problem worse than it is now.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    If you are an employer who doesn't hire a (legalized) former illegal alien you will be open to Equal Employment Opportunity Council, EEOC, complaints and fines. If you refuse to hire someone (on an ethical basis) because you find the fact that they stole their way into the country objectionable or because they can't speak English, you can and will be sued. You likely will not be able to make English a requirement to qualify for a job.

Employers all over the country will be forced to hire people that they don't want simply to aviod litigation and fines.

Just another reason to hate S 1639 and most ethical employers should be scared to death of this side effect of the bill.
    .....well, there goes the American worker right down the sewer!

Quote Originally Posted by ShockedinCalifornia
    .....well, there goes the American worker right down the sewer!
    Hey man - that CEO needs another billion dollars that he could never spend. What does he care about the middle class? "Those people are the riff-raff and the hell with them".