Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW

ONE SCENARIO WHERE MCCAIN COULD GET MY VOTE

I don't think anyone can deny the fact that we're facing a lose-lose proposition for our next president. However, should McCain choose a VP that is tough on illegal immigration enforcement and border security, he would probably get my vote. Let it be known though, I would not be voting on McCain, I would be voting on his VP selection. We all know the chances of him choosing such a candidate are slim to none, which means this is an issue we more than likely will not be faced with. However, it's something to think about.

Excerpt from a post I made on another thread that explains the scenario:

Additionally, let's not forget that McCain is over 70 years old. He could go the same way George Carlin went. Remember, the life expectancy for a male in the United States is only 77 years. Furthermore, there are a host of medical issues that could crop up and make him unsuitable to fulfill his obligations as President of the United States. The odds are better than great that he will only serve one term if elected. Unfortunatly, an Obama presidency could last a painful eight years.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

A VP doesn't have much power. And I don't think I'd want to count on that scenerio. There's other choices out there, it's just a matter of seeing if one of them fits the bill.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Unfortunatly, an Obama presidency could last a painful eight years.

Unless Obama takes advantage of Bush's self imposed laws to declare marshall law and makes himself dictator.
    Neither one of these losers should become president. Also..... we have some very old men in politics who should have been put out to pasture or passed on but are still going. No one that old should be in politics. We need shorter term limits and age restrictions for politicians. I would never vote for John McCain for any reason. We know who he is.

MW
    tinybobidaho wrote:

A VP doesn't have much power.
    To hear the liberals speak, Dick Cheney had a lot of power! Yeah, I know the VP has virtually no power, however, I would be voting on his potential as President of the United States, not as VP.

If anyone can look and listen to McCain right now and tell me he has the potential to serve eight years, I'd tell them to take another look and listen.

There's other choices out there, it's just a matter of seeing if one of them fits the bill.
    True, there are other choices. However, like it or not (I don't), our next president will be either Obama or McCain.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Excerpt from a post I made on another thread that explains the scenario:

Quote:
    Additionally, let's not forget that McCain is over 70 years old. He could go the same way George Carlin went. Remember, the life expectancy for a male in the United States is only 77 years. Furthermore, there are a host of medical issues that could crop up and make him unsuitable to fulfill his obligations as President of the United States. The odds are better than great that he will only serve one term if elected. Unfortunatly, an Obama presidency could last a painful eight years.
    Funny you should mention this, MW. Two minutes ago I was watching McCain being heckled as he was giving a speech to his precious hispanic supporters. My only thought was...Boy, he looks sooo old and unfit; but more importantly, he seems MENTALLY UNFIT!!! I literally can't watch him...he looks so deranged...those eyes of his are maniacal! He's just crazy-looking and acting! But, if he put someone like my guy, Jeff Sessions, on the ticket...I would vote for him. I don't think McCain has a snowball's chance but, if he is elected...I predict a psychotic break for McCain. He himself told a story about how, when he was a little kid, he used to pass out from temper tantrums...passed out!!!

SUCKER - I'll bet you voted twice for Bush.

I still say we need a recount of the republican primaries.I do not believe people nominated this fool.
    We can't deport them all ? Just think of the fun we could have trying!

It would be great to think McCain would want a real American as vice president, but he is already talking about passing comprehensive immigration reform in literally his first week of office. He's just not going to surround himself with the sort of dissent we want. We're probably going to see a Huckabee-type in the VP slot to appeal to the evangelicals, but it still won't be enough for him to beat Obama.
    "We have decided man doesn't need a backbone any more; to have one is old-fashioned. Someday we're going to slip it back on." - William Faulkner

MW
    lateone wrote:

SUCKER - I'll bet you voted twice for Bush.
    No need for sarcasm. Just looking for an honest debate. Thank you for your input though.

apropos wrote:

He's just not going to surround himself with the sort of dissent we want.
    I'm sure you're right but nothing wrong with considering a "what if" situation. The thought of an eight year Obama presidency scares the death out of me. Personally, I'm not sure if McCain can make it through 4 years and he certainly won't make it through eight. Of course when McCain selects someone like Huckabee or Lieberman, this discussion will become a mute point.

McCain wouldn't choose anyone I would like as v.p. IMO, unless we get a miracle, we are doomed.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast