Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Open Letter to City of Phoenix Mayor Phil Gordon

Mayor Gordon,
    I have been an Arizona resident for 32-years now. My family and I have watched as the City of Phoenix has continually adapted to ever-changing circumstances and demographics, growing to the point of being the fifth largest municipality in all of the United States. As an entrepreneur in Phoenix, I have experienced the economic prosperity resulting from this growth as well as economic declination resulting from the current national stagnation. The fiscal calamity currently facing the City of Phoenix, as well as hundreds of other municipalities across this nation is only exacerbated by the failure of our Federal authorities to fulfill their duty of protecting this nation’s sovereignty and controlling the flow of foreigners across our borders. Our overburdened detention facilities and court systems are to the point of impending collapse due in large measure to the inordinate volume of individuals whose first act on this nation’s soil was to disregard any adherence to our rule of law by stepping on to that soil and entering our communities illegally.
    The quality and integrity of the individuals chosen to serve the City of Phoenix as Police Officers has always been consistently exceptional. On a daily basis, those individuals face circumstances and situations requiring immediate decisions of enormous responsibility and consequence. As Phoenix Mayor, you are the person ultimately responsible for the outcome of those decisions. Through your appointment of the Police Chief, Jack Harris, you have committed to his leadership and entrusted him to ensure the continued adherence to the high standards of professionalism and integrity demanded by the public whom you and they all serve every day.
    The continual misrepresented of the new Arizona statute, SB1070, signed 23 April 2010 by Governor Jan Brewer and supported by a vast majority of the legal citizens of Arizona is ludicrous, foolish, and irresponsible of the national media machine. As a resident of this city and an individual you are to serve, I am appalled that you too have chosen to foment this misrepresentation and dishonesty. Surely you have taken the time to review the details of the statute and in doing so, you are aware that this law simply adheres to the exact language of the Federal law currently in place. You are also aware that the statute specifically forbids any racial profiling beyond that enumerated within the Constitution of The United States and the Arizona Constitution. Yet, you have made it public that you intend to present a legal challenge to SB1070. Where is your integrity, sir?

Recently you implemented a 2% food tax, which will only further burden the residents of the city you govern; those on a fixed income, the elderly, the unemployed, and those working for minimum wage. You have chosen to implement a new financial burden on these residents, instead of pursuing fiscal responsibility through cuts to expenditures.
    Every resident of Arizona is affected by the decisions you make as Mayor of the city serving as our State Capital and the economic hub of the State. Being one of those individuals, I demand you explain and justify, truthfully, why you intend to spend enormous amounts of tax dollars to challenge this law, when that revenue is urgently needed elsewhere to help stabilize our State Capital’s dismal financial outlook.
    There is no question that the Officers of the City of Phoenix Police Department are properly and thoroughly trained in adherence to an individual’s civil-rights, and ethnic sensitivities. I expect that the front line uniformed Police Officer conducts him or herself in the most professional manner, even when faced with life or death decisions, and surely, you do not believe the implementation of this statute will result in a breakdown of that level of integrity and professionalism.
    You currently trust those individual members of the Police force to use their personal judgment in making decisions of monumental consequence and risk to not only the citizenry’s individual civil-rights, but to their very survival. Yet you seek to claim now that that judgmental capability is to be suspect regarding issues of requesting proof of one’s right to be in this country. These concerns are unfounded and can only be the result of political motivations. Again, I demand you explain what has motivated you to abandon your integrity.
    As a concerned legal citizen, and resident of Arizona, I demand the leader of our State Capital stand up in support of Arizona’s Police Officers; stand with the vast majority of the population of Arizona, and our State Legislature in the long overdue efforts to address the failures of our Federal Government to secure our borders and protect the citizens of this city, this State, and this Nation.
    Mr. Mayor, I implore you; answer this communication as I have presented it, in this public forum, for all Arizona residents to read. Justify your stance on this incredibly important issue of State sovereignty and public safety. Need you be reminded of Robert Krentz and the tragedy that recently befell his family?

Deucalion
    28 April, 2010

damn good

Letter to Aronld!
    Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
    State Capitol Building
    Sacramento, CA 95814
    Phone: 916-445-2841
    Fax: 916-558-3160

Darrell Steinberg
    Phone: (916) 651-4006
    Fax: (916) 323-2263
    State Capitol, Room 205
    Sacramento, CA 95814

APRIL 29, 2010
    Mr. DARRELL STEINBERG and Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, your comment is so far out of touch with reality and suspect you have no actual idea of what is going on at our borders. Mr. STEINBERG it is not about Immigration of people who do it the legal way, it is about those who enter ANY country ILLEGALLY! Is that CLEAR? Do you get it?
    We want Immigrants, but we want them to come here legally and when they are needed, not to displace American workers like your Visa H programs. Your efforts and the efforts of previous administrations to not enforce our borders and uphold the laws already in place have created this problem. By allowing the 11 million plus to just get off by paying a fee and going back in line is not how you tell those who came here legally how much we appreciate them, it is a slap in the face to those who did it the right way.
    If you even read the actual bill that Arizona created, you would see that it follows federal laws and protects all civil rights, maybe even more than federal laws do. Here is the actual bill, read it all 17 pages: http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/49leg/2r/bills/sb1070s.pdf
    If you care about this important issue, go back to work like the rest of us are doing and send the National Guard to the borders. You swore to protect America from all Foreign & Domestic threats, well it is long overdue! Step up, or Step Aside Mr. STEINBERG.
    And for all of you who actually think (Or try to think) that no person is illegal, GET a GRIP! Reality check is what you need. Just about every country in the entire world has immigration laws; try immigrating to Mexico, or New Zealand! If you want to play the race card, then you will lose because we all know it is you being the racist.
    All Americans (immigrants included) want this country safe, and want our laws enforced, not just selectively, but across the board. If you actually experienced living along one of our southern borders I would bet that you would be packing your bags in a week if you lasted that long. Living along our Southern Borders is one of the scariest things one can experience; it is like living back in the 1800’s.
    So many of you have no actual experience in what it takes to live along our southern borders, it is HELL! People cross the property every day & night; they break into our homes when we leave to go to the store. We have pack just to protect ourselves. Do you just NOT get it? If you cannot see what is happening down here take a road trip, I personally invite you to stay with us and see what it is like firsthand! Maybe, just maybe then you will wake up and get a reality check! Read the bill, it does not discriminate against anyone because of race, religion, color of skin! If you actually have read the bill that passed & was signed Friday YOU WOULD know it does NOT violate any rights! Stop being stupid and saying this is terrible and violates Human rights! Did you not listen to what the governor said Friday? If you even knew how well behaved 99.99% of Border Patrol agents (Who many are of nonwhite races) act when addressing these issues would be ashamed of the questions you keep spouting off against this bill.
    Face it, the federal government has and is FAILING to protect US! Arizona has finally stepped in to address the issue to the degree that they can, God Bless them!
    Respectfully, Mr. Luis Gutierrez, Mr. Obama, Mr. Schwarzenegger, Mr. Reid, Mayor of San Francisco, Mayor of Los Angeles, Rev. Al Sharpton, San Francisco City Attorney Dennis Herrera, Congressman Luis Gutierrez, Mayor Gavin Newsom of San Francisco, Los Angeles City Council members Ed Reyes and Janice Hahn, Pima County, Ariz., Sheriff Clarence Dupnik, Supervisor David Campos, Mexican President Felipe Calderon, Rep. Joe Baca, D-San Bernardino, Mexican Consulates, Democratic strategist Susan Estrich, Rev. Jim Wallis, Jesse Jackson, The American Civil Liberties Union, Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund and the National Immigration Law Center, Marielena Hincapie, executive director of the National Immigration Law Center, Thomas Saenz, president and general counsel of MALDEF, U.S. Atty. Gen. Eric Holder, U.S. Rep. Lincoln Diaz-Balart, R-Miami, Former Florida Governor Jeb Bush, former Republican Congressman Joe Scarborough, Keith Olbermann, New York congressman Jose Serrano, Comité de Inmigrantes en Acción, Rhode Island Unemployed Council, Fuerza Laboral/Power of Workers, Save Our Schools, Olneyville Neighborhood Association and Ocean State Action, West Suburban Action Project (PASO), and the Illinois Coalition for Immigrant and Refugee Rights (ICIRR), Joe Scarborough, Dr. Warren Stewart, council woman, Janice Hahn, National Coalition of Latino Clergy, Colorado Gov. Bill Ritter, Rep. Jose Serrano, D-N.Y., Martin H. Escobar, City Council President Jane Brunner (North Oakland), and virtually any other elected official should be ashamed of any actions taken to discredit this bill, you all took a sworn oath to protect and serve, yet You still favor Mexico and those who back your political careers from the far left wing racists organizations like LULAC, SPLC and the rest. And I say this from being a Democrat for over 35 years. The left wing EXTREMISTS are so afraid now because they want these Illegals to be part of the democrat party they can taste it! Well, this also will backfire on them! Another PUSH in the middle of the night like health care will only destroy the Democratic Party in November! Remember Democrats you may have won the election, but you have not won the country! America is center RIGHT, not Center LEFT as you would hope to think.
    The president is “Misguidedâ€
    Any and all comments & Opinions and postings by me are considered of my own opinion, and not of any ORG that I belong to! PERIOD!