Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Open Letter To My Friends At ALIPAC

I’m trying to eliminate some of the confusion regarding illegal aliens. As a transplanted Kansan and 40-year resident of North Texas, I’ve become accustomed to the following definition of the term “hispanic.â€
    '58 Airedale

Glad you brought this up, Tom2, and I tend to agree with you. What would we call the ethnocentric groups like Laraza? anti-citizen organizations?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    Glad you brought this up, Tom2, and I tend to agree with you. What would we call the ethnocentric groups like Laraza? anti-citizen organizations?
    I would call them racist criminal invaders and/or the traitors who support them.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

In 1998 I worked on a project for the Census Dept. They were trying to narrow down a classification for this group of people. They sent out surveys asking what they wanted to be called on the census. The responses were unbelievable. Everyone had a different opinion, it was obvious that they could not even agree. If they cannot agree on what they want to be called, how in the world are we supposed too.

I have notice through the years that friends of Mexican origin always refer to the day laborers, illegal immigrants, etc. as Nationals.

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    I'd opine La Raza is comprised of Latinos (citizens) and Mexicans (not citizens) and I'd guess few other nationalities. It's clear to me they're all open borders activists and un-American. It chokes me to use the term racist on this bunch of cuckoos 'cuz Mexico is not a race. I cannot think of a word that accurately captures their essence. The more general question regarding the numerous other "ethnocentric" groups is terribly complex and I doubt I have the knowledge and time to come up with a single word for them either.

My points were twofold. Latino means citizen and hispanic is not a race. When we refer to illegal aliens, they are just that -- illegal aliens -- or they are what their nation would call them, Mexicans, Guatemalans, etc. An Anglo born and reared in Guatemala is a Guatemalan. A Nigerian born and reared in Great Britain is a Briton. La Raza, et al., usage of the term hispanic is baloney and intended to confuse our weak-minded congressmen and other libs. I'm sure I speak for my Latino relatives and friends.
    '58 Airedale

If they are not citizens of the US they are foreign Nationals.

Here's part of the problem with Mexico. Everyone there has been convinced that they are descended from the first inhabitants or the Mesos. They have falsely erased race. However, we know that the Mesos and Blacks are treated as inferior to the people of Spaniard (white European) descent.

Mexicans are all pretending to be something they are not. In Mexico, the propaganda is that everyone is one race descended from (Mesos) and one nationality (Mexican). It's a false equality because the Spaniards are an oligarchy and ruling class.

In America we are multi-racial and one nationality and that is why they object to our classifications.

In my opinion, they are brining their racial stigmas and racism with them to America. Mexican Nationals are not Americans and we know Mexican Nationals believe they are Mesos. Get it? You can't separate the two.

When we reject the Mexican National, we reject the Meso and that is where their racist taunts come into play, knowing Americans are very sensitive about racism. Instead of the truth that the rejection is of the foreign national.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    In my opinion, they are brining their racial stigmas and racism with them to America. Mexican Nationals are not Americans and we know Mexican Nationals believe they are Mesos. Get it? You can't separate the two.

When we reject the Mexican National, we reject the Meso and that is where their racist taunts come into play, knowing Americans are very sensitive about racism. Instead of the truth that the rejection is of the foreign national.

Dixie
    Well, Dixie I have always seen it the other way around. I think Americans are more obsessed about race than Mexicans, and probably any other people on earth. Obsessed in the sense that the media is constantly stirring racial division. I think Mexicans see the guilt complex that most Americans have regarding race, and use it to their advantage. That non-white ethnocentrism is highly accepted in this country, and guilting the majority demographic into accepting demands based on false claims of racism is seen as a highly successful strategy for ethnic chauvanism and activism.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

I worked in Social Services in Orange County, CA, from 2000 - 2006. We had to send data to the state as to races of recipients of welfare money. The form was soooo outdated, that there was nowhere to check "Hispanic" in the race box. That box did not even exist.

What I'm saying is the data that Sacramento is getting is SKEWED. Since I had to do the reporting ONLINE, there was no way I could input "Hispanic." There was no box for "Other" too. So, all these illegal aliens were posted under "Caucasian."

The reason I am bringing this up is because Sacramento, a.k.a. the capital of CA, uses this data for many reasons: funding, elections, etc. But because their forms are so out-dated, Sacramento is getting the wrong info.

In my 6-yr experience there, MOST -- LIKE 99% -- of beneficiaries of FREE social services were Mexican. Illegals too. In my county (Orange County), we even had ONE FULL-TIME EMPLOYEE designated as the funding person for the UNDOCUMENTED. Yup, I kid you not. In our phone roster, next to his name was this: (UNDOCUMENTED). Nice huh?
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

Latino is good but keep in mind it also means citizen.
    No....Latino doesn't mean citizen any more than Caucation means citizen.....or Asian means citizen. Or German means citizen or Greek means citizen. Technically Latino isn't a race, or hispanic or any of the other names to complicate things. We have illegal Mexicans and illegal South Americans and refugee Cubans etc. Call a Puerto Rican a Mexican and they get OFFENDED. Cubans aren't too keen about it either. Just like some European nations get offended if you can't tell the difference between German and Polish.....or Irish and Scottish.

Latino covers all of them for me so no-one can get offended if I couldn't tell if they were Mexican or Cuban or South American. They all basicly speak Spanish and don't have different languages to distinguish them from each other like Europeans do. But yet they lump "Europeans" all together with Natzi Germany and all the rest complete with speaking English, and I could easily get "offended" if they weren't capable of looking at me knowing where I came from and whether or not I'm a citizen either. All Europeans and whites don't speak English....but all Latin American countries speak a form of Spanish....no matter which country.

I'm just sick of the whole thing because it's just one more thing to get "offended" about when it's convient. I don't care as long as you're a legal citizen and speak the common language of English in this country. You don't find long term Americans running around saying they are French-Americans or German- Americans......they are American. Have a strong accent and it doesn't take much to tell where you came from....here legally and welcome and thank you for learning the language....here illegally, go home. We don't have American Greek speaking sections. We have Americans who are from Greece and know Greek and speak English and have great food. But they fly the American flag and are American through and through. Continue to speak Greek and fly the Greece flag and you're probably a tourist or short term visitor.

I just know groups like LaRaza aren't concerned about hispanics or Latinos in general.....they aren't marching when a Cuban boat gets sent back or when South Americans are deported. Forget any other group of illegals who get deported in their quest for amnesty. They can muddy it up all they want but it's only doing them more damage.....and if I offend in the process because I'm not into all the minute details ....so be it. Just be prepared to have me be offended if you want to see how racist and specific we all could be if we were looking to be offended at every turn and wanting "special" considerations at every turn to make ourselves stand out more. The object is to get along isn't it? Not keep tearing people apart.

Hispanics are causation when it's convient, Latino when it is, sometimes I don't think they know. They paint a target on themselves and then whine when you notice so they don't get too many black marks against their "race". It's so confusing and hard to figure out and they brought that on themselves. Not all.....but certainly the ones with the big mouths clumping things together and pulling the race card at every move to serve their agenda. I just want legal? Illegal? Speak English please.

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird

but all Latin American countries speak a form of Spanish....no matter which country.
    Not so.

Suriname, So. America: DUTCH

Guiana, So. America: ENGLISH

French Guiana, So. America: FRENCH

Belize, Central America: ENGLISH

Brazil, So. America: PORTUGUESE

Those are all countries in Latin America.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast