Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Open Letter to President Bush on Comprehensive Immigration

June 14, 2007

President George W. Bush
    1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
    Washington, D.C.

Dear President Bush,

Reports indicate that your administration has agreed to an "up front infusion" of $4.4 billion toward border security as a concession to win senate approval of S. 1348.

With all due respect, Mr. President, one wonders why this action was not taken a long time ago?

Indeed, if adding $4.4 billion is in the national interest and vital for homeland security today, why was this step not initiated on September 12, 2001?

The American people, including this proud American, remain very skeptical and angry over attempts at "Comprehensive Immigration Reform" which we see as amnesty.

Although one can quibble over the technical or legal definition of amnesty, there can be no doubt about how most Americans feel on this subject:

Any legislation that rewards those who have violated U.S. borders and immigration laws is wrong. Call it amnesty, guest worker, compassionate conservatism, or whatever you wish.

The fact is that rewarding illegal aliens will simply encourage additional millions of impoverished third-world aliens to invade America.

We have been through this before, Mr. President.

In 1986, America tried amnesty with passage of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. IRCA was enacted based on the promise that it would end illegal immigration once and for all. Unfortunately, the Act has never been enforced and has provided neither reform nor control.

As a result an additional 12-30 million aliens have entered America unlawfully since 1986.

Why?

Several years ago, congress approved additional agents for the border patrol, including appropriation of funds. Those positions were not filled.

Why?

In 2006, a border security fence was authorized by congress. That fence has not been built, although thousands of illegal aliens stream into America every day.

Why?

The original version of S. 1348 submitted by congress to your administration included a requirement that would have forced illegal aliens to pay back taxes. We understand that that provision has been removed from the bill at the behest of the administration.

Why? Particularly since the average American citizen with an outstanding tax obligation has his/her wages garnished and is otherwise hounded mercilessly by the IRS and its contractors.

In summary, and again with all due respect Mr. President, we simply do not believe that our elected representatives are acting in the best interests of the American people.

S. 1348 is an example of the obvious disconnect between the governed and the government on this vital issue.

Solving illegal immigration is not really complex. Given sufficient political will and a desire to defend America, the problem can be solved in a few simple steps:

* Secure U.S. borders with military force if need be.

* Enforce all existing immigration laws presently in effect, including IRCA.

* Systematically and intelligently begin the process of deporting those here illegally.

Until these basic steps have been implemented, I am demanding that my elected representatives refuse to support any legislation labeled as "comprehensive reform," when said legislation is, is fact, amnesty.

I sincerely hope that you will reconsider your position on this issue before it is too late for America and the Republican party.

By the way, just for the record, I voted for you in the 2000 presidential election.
    However, if S. 1348 or anything like it is signed into law, I will never again vote for any Republican candidate in any local, state, or federal election.

Sincerely,

John W. Lillpop
    San Jose, California

now send it to all them senators

Oh Yeah; what an excellent letter. Please make sure this is sent to EVERY Republican Senator and Representative. Maybe ALIPAC administrators can recommend other places, as well.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I have sent it to those feminist frauds posing as senators in Calfifornia.

Anyone who wsihes to use the letter is hereby authorized to do so.

Thank you..I just emailed my letters out
    Bring back the Rotary Phone so we dont have to pressÂ*1 forÂ*English...Â*

Sent out faxes and emails to GOP Senators, GOP party heads and the White House! Going to retire for a bit and go call all the Republican Senators...at least the ones that leave their answering machines on!
    "You tell 'em I'm coming...and hell's coming with me, you hear!?"

Quote Originally Posted by CostaMesaMan
    Sent out faxes and emails to GOP Senators, GOP party heads and the White House! Going to retire for a bit and go call all the Republican Senators...at least the ones that leave their answering machines on!
    Bravo!

I emailed Nancy Pelosi and head of the GOP in California.