Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I love to analyze the words of the opponent. Here are a few of O'Reilly's:

"History has demonstrated time and time again that disciplined, just societies prevail, while weak, utopian systems crash and burn. Life is tough, and we all have to deal with that, not buy into fantasies that could get us killed. The world is, and always has been, a struggle between good and evil...

On the home front in America, traditional forces strongly believe that their hard-earned money is not the property of the government to be distributed as largesse to others who, perhaps, are not willing to work to earn prosperity. On a personal note, I don't want my money being given to substance abusers, for example. Why should my money allow them to continue leading lives of dissolution? I donate money to drug and alcohol rehabilitation clinics like The Doe Fund, but I strenuously object to welfare payments for substance abusers to buy more substance. I work hard for my money and I don't want to support anyone who lives irresponsibly. Period."

Source: The Culture Warrior by Bill O'Reilly, pp. 116-117.[/b]
    "The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." Patrick Henry

More:

O'Reilly is harping on the S-P movement (Secular Progressives)....

"Their theory, as we've seen over and over, essentially argues that every individual in this world is owed a certain lifestyle by the powers that be.

So once again, out with E Pluribus, Unum. That phrase is simply not nurturing enough. The brand-new S-P motto is inclusive, caring and pithy: Ubi Est Meum? "Where's Mine?" If the S-Ps ever do take control of America, that phrase will ring loudly from sea to shining sea. Where Is Mine! I want it right now! And if I can't get stuff for myself, I'll take yours. I am owed prosperity even if I don't want to earn it.

Is that the kind of country in which you want to live?..."

Source: The Culture Warrior by Bill O'Reilly, p. 118.

Note that there is no difference in O'Reilly's take on the S-P crowd and the illegal aliens and how they are demanding rights and property from America.
    "The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." Patrick Henry

IMO O'Reilly should be added to the boycott list. MR. Bill, We can send men to the moon. We defeated Germany and Japan but we cannot Deport 20 million criminals? I think O'Reilly should just say no to what ever he is smoking.
    The first requisite of a good citizen in this republic of ours is that he shall be able and willing to pull his own weight.
    Theodore Roosevelt

O'Reilly has flip flopped on this issue so much it is a wonder that he doesn't have severe whiplash. One day he is beating the drum of the negatives of illegal immigration and the next day he is being sympathetic again. I think Geraldo and/or the powers that be have finally swayed him all the way over to the other side. I have no use for him anymore and will never watch his show again. Reminds me too much of our double talk politicians.

Valid points !! I haven't put him on a 'boycott' yet, but he's not being watched. (I think he's becoming the new Rosie!)

I listened to the show today and could not believe my ears. He actually sounds very upset that this treasonous bill died. He said that their are two fringe groups--those that want open borders, and those that want to "deport 12 million people." He claims that those in the middle are the ones that promoted this bill. Bill always claims to be in the middle, when he is actually the one on the fringe. WRONG Bill. The American people want the law enforced--which would essentially force the illegals to self-deport. He went on about giving these people a chance, how that is the American way, his Irish ancestors BLAH BLAH BLAH. I think he also had Rudy on today, although I missed it. He said something about "America's mayor," and dealing with terrorism, 9-11, BLAH BLAH BLAH.

To hell with him. And to hell with Sean Hannity while I am at it. I keep hearing little bits of support sprouting from these guys and Glenn Beck towards Rudy. How only one man was the mayor of New York City during 9-11 BLAH BLAH BLAH.

What did I tell you about these neocons? They just want their war with Iran. Another destraction from the home-front. They have been lying to us the entire time, so they can keep our interest while they lecture us about neoconservative foreign policy.

SCREW THESE NEOCONS

Its all about Lou Dobbs and Michael Savage. You need not bother with too many others.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Quote Originally Posted by April
    IMO O'Reilly has always been pro illegal, however from time to time he has flip flopped for ratings depending on how things were going!!! Lou Dobbs is the only consistent one I have seen
    No he hasn't. He has been for strong border enforcement. He was "reluctantly going along with the bill." However, when he found out from the Heritage Foundation that the illegals would get SS and welfare he said, "that is a deal breaker."
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
    Quote Originally Posted by April
    IMO O'Reilly has always been pro illegal, however from time to time he has flip flopped for ratings depending on how things were going!!! Lou Dobbs is the only consistent one I have seen
    No he hasn't. He has been for strong border enforcement. He was "reluctantly going along with the bill." However, when he found out from the Heritage Foundation that the illegals would get SS and welfare he said, "that is a deal breaker."
    He gave in... he was yelling no amnesty.. no amnesty.. for years.. then all of a sudden.. this bill is the best we can do and allow amnesty.. thats a change..
    "Democrats Fall in Love, Republicans Fall in Line!"

Ex-El Presidente' www.jorgeboosh.com

Did you see his show tonight? Go to Bill O'Reilly.com and read the talking points.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by LynnS
    Valid points !! I haven't put him on a 'boycott' yet, but he's not being watched. (I think he's becoming the new Rosie!)

Bill O'Reily is a ratings guy. The last time I watched him, he was trying to up sell S1348, I turned him off for good. I don't need his crumby sales pitches.
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast