Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I'll call his office and express my HUGE disapointment in him!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I have called and will call again to let him know in no uncertain terms that he can believe the spinmasters if he likes..

But one thing he can't do is spin a ticked off electorate at the polls.

Meanwhile, let's make sure he knows that we know!

Craig, McConnell, Chambliss, Isakson done. I told both Craig and McConnell the respected ZOGBY and GALLUP POLLS findings and Emailed both offices copies of the polls. My GA GOP keeps telling me not to worry about Chambliss and I always ask her if we're talking about the same man.

ZOGBY(WASHINGTON)May 2007
    When offered by itself, there is strong support for the House bill: 69 percent said it was a good or very good idea when told it tries to make the illegals go home by fortifying the border, forcing employsee verification and encouraging greater cooperation with local law enforcement while not increasing legal immigration; 27 percent said it was a bad or very bad idea.

When given three choices (House approach, Senate approach, or mass deportation), the public tends to reject both the Senate plan and a policy of mass deportations in favor of the House bill; 28 percent want the Senate plan, 13 percent want mass deportations; while 56 percent want the House approach. 69 percent oppose the Senate approach.

But when given a choice between just the House and Senate approaches, without the choice of mass deportations, the public prefers the House approach 69 percent version to 28 percent.

One reason the public does not like legalizations is that they are skeptical of need for illegal-immigrant labor. An overwhelming majority of 74 percent said there are plenty of Americans to fill low-wage jobs if employers pay more and treat workers better; just 15 percent said there are not enough Americans for such jobs.

Another reason the public does not like Senate proposals to legalize illegals and double legal immigration is that 73 percent said they had little or no confidence in the ability of the government to screen these additional applicants to weed out terrorists and criminals.

Public also does not buy the argument we have tried and failed to enforce the law: 70 percent felt that past enforcement efforts have been "grossly inadequate," while only 19 percent felt we had made a "real effort" to enforce our laws.

Opinion Are Strongly Opposed

Little difference in level of support between Republicans and Democrats
    GALLUP NEWS SERVICE

PRINCETON, NJ -- Although the majority of Americans 51%, claim that they don't know enough about the controversial immigration bill now being debated in Congress to have an opinion about it, opposition outweighs support by a three to one margin among those who do have an opinion. Among those who say they are following news of the immigration bill most closely, opposition is at the 66% level. There are only minor differences between Democrats and Republicans in terms of views of the bill. Independents are most likely to be opposed. Those who are opposed to the bill are most likely to cite that it provides "amnesty" to illegal immigrants in this country as the reason for their opposition.

Senator, when the other 51% wakes up and realizes they're loosing their Country and that they've been betrayed;

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12