Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

To some degree, they will do exactly what they have done in the past.

The only difference, they will realize very quickly that Dream Act will not stand a chance of passing over the next two years or longer, if the Senate looses a few more Liberals in the 2012 election.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

And any rep or senator that votes yes on this will only make the unemployment rate go up!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by GoodOleDays
    I've been out of town most of the day. It was so peaceful.

Back to the illegal political Dream Act...

If DREAM Act Goes Down, Gutierrez To Step Up Fight

http://progressillinois.com/quick-hits/ ... mmigration
    Tuesday December 7th, 2010, 4:33pm

Key votes are expected in both the U.S. House and Senate tomorrow on versions of the DREAM Act, which would allow undocumented immigrants who entered the U.S. before turning 16 and have lived here for at least five years, have a high school or GED diploma or have been accepted to college, and have demonstrated "good moral character" to apply for permanent status. While President Obama has made the bill's passage a priority of Congress' lame duck session, its prospects look dim. Indeed, even the chief Republican co-sponsor may not vote for it.

A lack of progress is causing one of Washington's major immigrant advocates, U.S. Rep. Luis Gutierrez (IL-4), to grow cynical about the political process. In an interview with the Daily Beast, Gutierrez said he is tired of "waiting for the mythical 60th vote" needed to end a filibuster in the Senate, and that after tomorrow, he plans on changing his tactics. From the article:

To hear Gutiérrez tell it, Hispanic leaders are about to stage a full-tilt campaign of direct action, like the African-American civil-rights movement of the 1960s. There will be protests, marches, sit-ins—what César Chávez might have called going rogue. (Hay looney tunes, I hate to break it to you, but Cesar Chavez was against amnesty. ) The movement will operate autonomously, no longer beholden to wavering Democrats, filibustering Republicans, and—perhaps most tantalizingly—no longer beholden to Barack Obama.

It's hard to blame Gutierrez. As he said so clearly to the Daily Beast, "If we couldn’t do it when Democrats were nearly 260 in the House and 59 in the Senate, how do we propose to tell people we can do it now?"
    OK, let them take to the streets again just like years gone by! It only helped this side to bring out more people against it! How crazy, if they have a good US Education, go to some other country and start working there! We want US Citizens to first have the right to jobs and education first.....

Any and all comments & Opinions and postings by me are considered of my own opinion, and not of any ORG that I belong to! PERIOD!

Correct you are, Goodoledays. Cesar Chavez was not only against amnesty, he was vehemently opposed to any form of illegal immigration because he saw first-hand what illegal aliens did to American Hispanics. They stole their jobs, deflated their wages, cost them benefits and retirements. There was no upside or benefit to illegal immigration then any more than there is now.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Leave it to GutierrASS to use Martin Luther King and Cesar Chavez to futher his personal agenda! Getting paid for calling people he represents Racist, well don't that beat all! To hear it being told the whole world hates us,
    Listen carefully world I don't want your love, I DEMAND your RESPECT because I've earned it over and over! "AND WHEN IT'S OVER, IT'S OVER!"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

If the dream act fails as we all hope it does, IMO, we will see an escalation of violence and crimes from these people. Desperate people do desperate things! All I can say is, be prepared to protect yourself and your family. It may very well get ugly, especially in cities like LA, Phoenix, Chicago and Houston.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

By the grace of God, this sinister piece of legislation will be defeated. However, I will not breathe easy until the lame duck session is over.

Illegal aliens are not just going to go away quietly, or for that matter go away at all. Legislation is going to have to be drafted and enacted to deal with the very, very serious situation we have staring us all in the face in this country. We have to press the new slate of congressmen that their tenure cannot be "business as usual". 2012 is closer than we think. Each and every one of us is going to have to dissect the make up, background and intent of every candidate running for public office in our own respective areas. Lip service cannot be trusted. This is especially true of judges.

Legislation is also going to have to be introduced to enforce e-verify across the board.....in every state. Severe prison penalties for knowlingly hiring illegals or identify theft MUST be implemented. ENGLISH ONLY in and on all state and federal paperwork, office buildings, and schools. No drivers licenses issued to non Engligh speaking applicants. If you can't read road signs, I don't want you on my roads.

People are waking up. Those that used to think the "ethnic diversity" of Latino communities full of illegals was cute and quaint are now realizing what those neighborhoods have degenerated to......graffiti, piled up garbage, offensive loud music at all times of the day and night, six cars parked around one house....some run, some don't. Drugs, drugs and more drugs.

It has to stop. We have to put teeth into the laws that are already on the books. Deportation must begin immediately and the U.S. military has to be on the Mexican border.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12