Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

We need to get a video of this rally. Fox just cut it off to put spin on it.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It's always good to wait and see.

But we've been waiting for the government to do something about illegal immigration for 30 years.

So many people did not realize for a very long time that the Republican Party was just as pro-illegal as the so called other side. There are still people who will argue that Pres. Bush is not pro illegal.

Someone tried to tell me just last week that we had to vote for McCain because he was against illegal immigration.

It's time we take off the glasses and look at the Republican Party in a true light.

Surely we can surmise that this lady would not be on the ticket if she would be in favor of enforcing our laws against illegal immigration. She just wouldn't be there.

I don't know about a 'clown', but I do know as it stands we have the choice of a third party, a write in, or one of two parties that have repeated spoken and acted in favor of illegal immigration.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

On Fox website, it gives a spot to watch the rally live, but I can't get it to come up.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

I think some of you are getting a little too exicited. In the end it doesn't matter, McCain will still be the one in charge.

MW
    bettsie wrote:

I think some of you are getting a little too exicited. In the end it doesn't matter, McCain will still be the one in charge.
    This coming from an Obama supporter?!?

If McCain is elected, he'll be gone in 4 years. However, an Obama election could very possibly give us 8 years of Obama.

nntrixie wrote:

It's time we take off the glasses and look at the Republican Party in a true light.
    When compared to the alternative, they look pretty good to me. McCain is not the Republican Party. His position on illegal immigration is at odds with the party.

Surely we can surmise that this lady would not be on the ticket if she would be in favor of enforcing our laws against illegal immigration. She just wouldn't be there
    I've come to no such conclusion. After several days of rhetoric from all sides, I've yet to discover her position with certainty. Have you heard her say she doesn't support the enforcement of our immigration laws? McCain was desparate for a choice that would appeal to the conservative right because he knew he couldn't win them over. Yes, in desparation, it is very possible he chose someone that doesn't agree with his every position. We're already finding out that she doesn't agree with him on other issues, so why would it be surprising to find her less than enthusastic with his position on amnesty?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

April
    Action needed, please help!

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-130972.html

MW you know I'm not an Obama supporter but my 2 issues are the illegals and our trade policy. It's a no win on the illegals no matter what even if Sarah Palin is opposed to amnesty. The VPs are usually just window dressing.
    That's all that I meant. My husband's family has been hit hard by the economy and half will probably have their jobs shipped overseas. If I can at least stop that I will.

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    You're welcome azwreath. I wish it hadn't come down to this bad choice, and as many others I did what I could so that it wouldn't, but this is the reality that we must now deal with.

No problem, Populist. I've always felt that's it's just as easy to thank someone for keeping an open mind as it is for folks to jump on them when they do.

I agree. I wish also that it hadn't come down to what we have to deal with in terms of presidential candidates, but as you point out, we're now at a point where we have to be realistic.

And, quite frankly, I'm not so sure that we'd be in as much danger with McCain in the WH and a Republican majority in Congress as we will be in with Obama running the show and the dems holding their majority.

Maybe it's just me, but I keep having this recurring waking nightmare that tells me Obama will have no trouble installing radicals and extremists into power, putting his own little "civilian defense corp" into action, and we will suddenly find ourselves resembling Cuba and the Middle East.

Quote Originally Posted by avenger
    You know, he was cut down for saying he got it, etc. and then was not only accused of failing to do anything to walk the walk, but challenged to do so.

Is it possible that bringing Sarah Palin aboard was his meeting that challenge? And, we do have to admit that the party platform was a surprise, as was, I felt, his speech before the RNC. I was quite shocked to hear him attack both parties, liberal judges legislating from the bench on behalf of special interests (which I took to be a swipe at IAs and the interference in enforcement of our laws), government corruption, etc. ALL of which he held both sides of the aisle complicit in even describing himself as having been an "imperfect" politician and representative.

Question: Do you know how to tell when a politician is lying?

Answer: Their lips are moving!

LOL........true.

But, the same is often said about lawyers, police officers, ex spouses......and, oh yeah ......my boss. As well as numerous others.

Just like everything else, you've got to chop through the weeds until you find the real plants.

Maybe that's why some are looking for a glimmer of hope from the VP candidate.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast