Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Patriots where are we needed most now?

Waukegan, Dunkin’ Donuts, HB-1’s HB-2’s, Dream Act, Farm Bill, H.R. 1585, Ramos and Compean, HJ Res 46, and CA Alert! AB 976. I am a soldier but I must admit I am getting a little confused with the priority list. I have been working hard on AB 976 (CA boy) and the farm amnesty bill but I must admit I am losing a little focus. AB 976 is my main priority but what is the next important issue? Is it the Farm, Dream, HR 1585, HR 46 or HB’s? I try to keep informed but its like standing at the bottom of a huge wave looking up. Huge waves are cool and I have my surf board in hand, just tell me the direction to paddle to catch the wave.

I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM. THERE ARE SO MANY ISSUES. AND WITHOUT GOING AND READING EACH ONE AND WHEN IT COMES UP FOR VOTE, I LOSE TRACK OF WHAT IS TIME SENSITIVE AND WHAT CAN BE PUT ON THE BACK BURNER.

I AM SURE THAT OUR LOVELY LEGISLATORS ARE DOING THIS INTENTIONALLY TO "FLOOD" US WITH ISSUES. BUT IT WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE A LIST OF BILLS AND WHEN THEY COME UP FOR A VOTE AND A BRIEF SUMMARY OF WHAT THEY ENTAIL.

TRYING TO READ UP ON EACH ONE AND STILL KEEP UP WITH EMAILS AND PHONE CALLS IS TIME CONSUMING....AND UNFORTUNATLEY I HAVE TO WORK TO SUPPORT MY HABITS...LIKE RENT AND FOOD AND UTILITIES.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hey guys, thanks for posing the question. I'm sure you weren't the only ones thinking about this matter (me too, in fact).

Please hang in there until W comes back around in the next day or so. Then we can get back to applying our efforts in the most productive way (I could suggest things, but don't want to send people off on tasks that might be counterproductive or in the wrong area...)

Dixie - you around this evening?
    Any suggestions or inside knowledge from W on this?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

HTX,

Since you're in CA like me, I'd work on the 976 right now. It seems the closest geographically and in time. Even though CA has numerous sanctuaries, defeating this could send a national message that even in CA these things can be defeated. Arnold must veto this bill if it gets that far, and he needs to hear that.

Of the others, I think the AgJobs is the closest, then HB, then DREAM. I think the DREAM Act has the most opponents of the three.

Feinstein and Boxer are both big on the AgJobs. We have to keep bugging them.

The juducial hearings will, hopefully, be handled by the good reps we have working the deal.

Another tip would be to follow NumbersUSA. They usually have a pretty good grip on the Congeessional proceedings and timetables.

DITTO! I think if we go in too many directions without direction our efforts will be diluted and not very effective! We need an organized battle plan and work the plan!

I am waiting for instructions from the General!
    "You tell 'em I'm coming...and hell's coming with me, you hear!?"

The Dream Act IS in this bill in the Senate.
    I don't know why we cannot get an answer from the Administrators .
    I have been calling some Senators this afternoon, but I think we need more coordenated action.

Don't let the facts confuse you ht, look at the over all plan and keep the rest seperate.
    Do what you can where it will most efective and remember you cannot fight a war by yourself, trust in others to do what you cannot and know there are others out here doing their best!

I am just for now taking all these suggestions and articles and e-mailing and talking up a storm to everyone and anyone who will listen, which is everyone. For right now until we get more information on which way to go next just keep on giving the Illegal Immigration news to everyone.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

Here is W.'s plan. We are in a holding pattern until he gets back from DC.

Amnesty back on the table Monday. ALIPAC's Battle Plan
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... 466#415466

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
    I know we have a few issues hanging out there.

Funding for the Fence
    Anchor babies
    The Dream Act Disaster - Ask them if they are for or against it.

The House calls it the American Dream Act, the Senate just the Dream Act.

Every time you call your congressmen, you should be complaining about this stuff.

I know that some of us are local activist and it's hard to keep up with local, state and national stuff all at once. Go to the highest priority and most urgent. That's really all you can do. I know it seems like you are fighting fires and you are.

Dixie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast