Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
Yeah, he's a businessman who fully supports corporate America's desire for more foreign labor with increases in worker visas. He is on record as supporting the more than doubling of H1-B visas (65,000 to 155,000)! As for his actions during 2001, you're talking about something that happened over a decade and a half ago. How many politicians have we seen change their position over the last 15 years? Well, he certainly wouldn't be the first. As for supporting the Secure Fence Act of 2006 ...... exactly how many Republicans didn't support that bill? Same thing with the Dream Act bill you're referring to. Almost all Republicans supported the Secure Fence Act bill and opposed the Dream Act. As we've since found out though, many amnesty supporters were hiding in those ranks.

Some are all, either way it is still amnesty for illegals. Cut and dry, either the man is a liar or he supports amnesty.

I sort of like Marsha Blackburn. Don't bother with the same old arguments, she supports TPA, blah, blah, blah. I already know this. However, I've never once heard her say a single word in support of amnesty. Oh, and without checking, I'm betting she too voted in support of the Secure Fence Act and against the Dreamer Act. The only reason I throw her name out there is because I saw it somewhere on a long list of potentials. I absolutely refuse to support a confirmed amnesty supporter. What about Trey Gowdy, didn't you like him at one point? I believe his name was also on the list of potentials I saw.
I posted on another thread where you mentioned Marsha, that I thought she was good too. She's a B+ with NumbersUSA. And she's the one who introduced the bill to authorize states and local governments to enforce US immigration law, then for some reason, Trey Gowdy took it over, expanded it but it's been stuck in Committee for some reason.

As to Trey Gowdy, I like that he's introduced the bill, that was originally Marsha Blackburn's bill, to authorize states and local government to enforce US immigration law with the same authority as federal agents. I just don't understand why he took over the bill when the idea was Marsha Blackburn's.