Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW

Pay attention North Carolina voters!

I sent North Carolina Representative David Price (D-NC) an email pleading with him not to support the Hutchinson/Pence Bill. Here is my response:

"August 23, 2006

XXXXXX XXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXX

Dear Mr. XXXXX:

Thank you for contacting me regarding the immigration reform proposal put forward by Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison and Rep. Mike Pence.

As you may know, the Hutchinson-Pence plan has not been introduced as legislation, but is a proposed compromise between the House immigration reform bill (H.R. 4437), which focuses exclusively on stronger border and law enforcement policies, and the more comprehensive Senate bill, S.2261. The key component of the proposal would require the President to certify that a number of border-security goals are completed before establishing a foreign worker program or allowing illegal workers in the United States to transition to legal status.

While I am encouraged that Rep. Pence, Sen. Hutchison, and many other members of Congress are putting forward alternative proposals that attempt to bridge the divide between the House and Senate bills, I do not think the Hutchison-Pence proposal will be acceptable to a majority of the Senate. The Senate bill, which I support, is premised on a belief that a foreign worker program is a necessary tool for successfully securing our borders because the demand for labor in the United States is such a powerful draw for illegal immigrants desperate to find work. Department of Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff underscored this point during a recent hearing before my Homeland Security Appropriations Subcommittee in late July,

Thank you again for contacting me. Please continue to stay in touch on issues of concern.

Sincerely,

DAVID PRICE
    Member of Congress"

Hmmm, guess I didn't have to worry about him supporting the Hutchinson/Pence Bill, because he stands firmly behind the Senate Bill.

This guy has to go!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

www.steveacuff.com is his opponent. Would also love to see Price go. Any ideas of how to make it happen would be appreciated. He wont even debate Acuff on the issue. Call his office and ask why... Acuff also has an illegal alien petition he wants to send to Price. Its on the website on the right hand side.. Good luck.

Banned
    I am extremely disappointed in Price and thought maybe over time he would end up taking a less extreme view on this issue. But, it seems that he's not budged an inch. He is based in Chapel Hill, quite a liberal town by NC standards.