Like Tree3Likes

Thread: PayPal Forced To Reinstate Conservative Sites After Public Outrage

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

PayPal Forced To Reinstate Conservative Sites After Public Outrage

PayPal Forced To Reinstate Conservative Sites After Public Outrage

RYAN SAAVEDRA
    9:33 PM 08/22/2017

PayPal reinstated the accounts of two conservative websites it banned after receiving blowback over their decision.

PayPal notified Jihad Watch and the American Freedom Defense Initiative (ADFI) on Monday night that they were reversing the decision to ban their accounts following public outcry:

Effective 08/21/2017, the limitation applied to your account associated with https://www.jihadwatch.org pursuant to our User Agreement was removed. Your services are being reinstated.
    PayPal’s Acceptable Use Policy in our User Agreement prohibits individuals and groups from using PayPal for activities that promote hate, violence, or racial intolerance. If we become aware of a website or organization using our services that may violate our polices, our dedicated team of professionals conducts a thorough review. Ultimately, a decision is made and communicated to the organization. In this instance, we have made the determination to lift the limitation applied to your account associated with the Acceptable Use Policy.
    Sincerely,
    Benjamin
    PayPal Brand Risk Management
    PayPal

PayPal originally banned the two conservative sites from using their platform after left-wing organizations – the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) and the Anti-Defamation League (ADL) – labeled them as “hate sites.”

After being labeled a “hate site,” the left-leaning ProPublica published a hit piece on the sites and PayPal banned them shortly thereafter.

In a statement to The Daily Caller, Robert Spencer – the director of Jihad Watch – noted how PayPal just suddenly decided that his site wasn’t a hate group after seeing the backlash they were receiving.

“PayPal was inundated with complaints and cancellations of accounts from people who understand that my work is not “hateful,” and that it is not hate to oppose jihad terror and Sharia oppression,” Spencer wrote. “And so they suddenly decided I wasn’t a ‘hate group’ after all.”

Spencer went on to mention that there was never a thorough review of his site and that PayPal just caved to ProPublica – a George Soros-funded organization that claims to be an “independent, nonprofit newsroom that produces investigative journalism in the public interest.”

“They never made a ‘thorough review’ of Jihad Watch either when they banned it or when they restored it,” Spencer added. “They just blow with the wind. And this isn’t over: the Left knows this, and will blow harder. We will have to fight hard to retain our freedoms.”

http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/22/pa...ublic-outrage/

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Look at what just happened. Patriots learn a lesson from this, we have power, real power, if we fight back. The crazy left wants you to think you are a tiny fringe so that you will feel helpless and accept whatever they force upon you from the top down. DON'T BELIEVE IT. We have the power if we will just use it. We have the power to make America great again!
    '

Quote Originally Posted by 17patri76 View Post
    Look at what just happened. Patriots learn a lesson from this, we have power, real power, if we fight back. The crazy left wants you to think you are a tiny fringe so that you will feel helpless and accept whatever they force upon you from the top down. DON'T BELIEVE IT. We have the power if we will just use it. We have the power to make America great again!
    '
    Yes, we do!

This is the United States,
    And we are The Americans.
    We not only control what happens here,
    We decide what happens here. -- Judy

See the line? Pick a side.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I'm glad Paypal did what they did. It wouldn't hurt me to stop using Paypal. It would have been hard on a lot of people who sell online, especially Ebay. There are families making a living selling on those sites and you just about have to have Paypal.

It's sad Paypal decided to make the original decision, but glad they changed their minds.

It is puzzling that a company would become so political. It is puzzling they would do it knowing, full well, it's hogwash. It is puzzling they would do it knowing they are risking the loss of a lot of business. These people are not stupid (at least I don't think so), so why would they risk alienating so many customers? Do they think those people running in the streets or those TV people are going to keep them afloat?

There is something far more powerful than we can imagine who could convince a company it is in their best interest to go against their best interests.

We must be more powerful.

Looking for coffee last weekend, we passed Starbuck's and Whataburger (not great coffee but hot) was next. They were even nice enough to give us our coffee free since we are old geezers. I was so pleased and told my son about it. He then reminded me that Whataburger doesn't allow anyone to come in that has a concealed weapon. "They didn't want their young employees to have to worry about whether or not a person was carrying a gun." You can't make this stuff up.

Well, I'll have to think of another place for coffee or take a thermos - mine's better anyway.

Well this is good news and further blemishes upon the ADL and SPLC!

Silicon Valley Discrimination Against Conservative Creeds Violates Civil Rights & EEOC
    https://www.alipac.us/f8/silicon-val...s-eeoc-349915/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)