Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

PD chief to resign, focus on campaign against Arpaio

PD chief to resign, focus on campaign against Arpaio

Associated Press - April 16, 2008 3:14 AM ET

PHOENIX (AP) - Buckeye's police chief is stepping down almost three months earlier than expected to concentrate on his campaign to replace Joe Arpaio as Maricopa County sheriff.

Dan Saban says he will leave the Buckeye force May 9th.

He says his campaign has him waking before dawn each day and booked with speaking engagements through the spring. Saban had planned on stepping down August 1st.

Saban is expected to win the September 2nd county primary as a Democrat and go against the self-proclaimed "toughest sheriff in America" in the November 4th general election.

Arpaio beat Saban by almost 60% of the vote in the November 2004 Republican primary. Saban has since switched political parties.

Arpaio was first elected in 1992 and easily won re-election in 1996 and 2000. Saban came the closest to beating Arpaio.

Information from: The Arizona Republic, http://www.azcentral.com

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

All content © Copyright 2003 - 2008 WorldNow and KVOA. All Rights Reserved.
    For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.

http://www.kvoa.com/global/story.asp?s= ... =Printable
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

AE

I have to imagine that Arpaio is a fairly popular guy and may prove hard to beat, again.

I could guess that Arpaio is very popular among the Americans there, but not the illegals and the OBL crowd!
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

He refuses to enforce immigration. Dan Saban is what is known as a "company boy." I remember that he wiggled his way out of a rape charge by his own stepmother! A rape charge and the fact that he glided his way to the top (Making Police Cheif in Phoenix means willing to be a "company man") sums it all up. Secondly, his desire to stop Arpaio means that he simply wants to allow Illegals to roam free in Arizona. I wonder if he thinks that is not obvious. We know that businesses who hire illegals are going to be his primary supporters. So from the start, this rapist will have dirty money and a trail of corruption behind him. I am fairly sure that the people of Arizona would not side with this man. Imagine a rapist, who declared that he will not enforce the law, with the financial backing of angry criminal businesses and organized crime, as the sherriff of Maricopa county? That would be terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by AE
    I have to imagine that Arpaio is a fairly popular guy and may prove hard to beat, again.

I could guess that Arpaio is very popular among the Americans there, but not the illegals and the OBL crowd!
    I think it would be great if Sheriff Joe beats him even bigger. Wouldn't that be a hoot.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

AE

Sheriff Arpaio reminds me of many old-timer Oregonians. Talks straight, does not beat around the bush and is a no frills kind of person. America needs more Arpaios!!

he wiggled his way out of a rape charge by his own stepmother
    Is this so? That is one corrupted and sick man if it is.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

Another ILLEGAL immigrant loving DEMOCRAT?

someone should have told him "don't give up your day job" if your running against Joe

April
    Quote Originally Posted by jimpasz
    someone should have told him "don't give up your day job" if your running against Joe
    GOOOOO JOE!