Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Pence has ‘95 percent’ chance of being Trump’s VP pick

By Ralph Z. Hallow - The Washington Times - Sunday, July 10, 2016

CLEVELAND — Scrambling among Indiana politicians has reached the point where Republican Party insiders are convinced that presumptive presidential nominee Donald Trump will pick Indiana Gov. Mike Pence as his running mate.

Constitutional lawyer James Bopp, an Indiana delegate to the Republican National Convention who is close the governor, told The Washington Times that Indiana House Speaker Brian C. Bosma, 58, a conservative Republican, had sought advice from him on running for governor.

“He wanted my counsel on what he needed to do to set himself up to run for governor, because he expects Pence to step down as governor in order to be Trump’s running mate,” Mr. Bopp said in an interview.

The Trump election team boosted the Pence speculation Sunday by suddenly adding a campaign rally in Indianapolis to a fundraiser planned for Tuesday featuring Mr. Trump and Mr. Pence.

Several Republicans close to the campaign and to the governor have told The Times over the last 24 hours that they are now convinced it’ll be Mr. Pence.

Mr. Bopp, also a member of the convention’s rules committee, told The Times that the “rally made it a 95 percent probability it’s Pence.”

Indiana Republican Party Chairman Jeff Cardwell said that Sunday’s sudden addition of a Trump rally after the fundraising event was a complete change from Mr. Trump’s original schedule, which had called for a quick appearance at the fundraiser and equally quick exit from Indiana.

Mr. Pence, who is little known nationally but highly admired in conservative circles, also made a telling private call to Mr. Cardwell, according to a Republican close to both men.

In the call the governor told Mr. Cardwell to delay his planned Tuesday departure to Cleveland for a Republican National Committee meeting, saying Mr. Cardwell needed to be sure to attend an Indianapolis fundraiser featuring Mr. Trump and Mr. Pence.

The Trump-Pence fundraiser already was a big deal, with tickets are going from $2,700 to $250,000. But its scheduled date falling so close to the July 18-21 Republican National Convention here was being interpreted by some political observers as ideal for a possible VP announcement by the party’s presumptive presidential nominee.

But Mr. Cardwell also said the request to delay his departure for Cleveland came from the RNC, not the governor, and had nothing to do with “Trump announcing Pence as his running mate.”

Until now, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich was the most probable vice presidential pick in most press accounts and in the minds of many GOP activists. But Republicans close to the action began to have doubts when Mr. Trump, at a rally with Mr. Gingrich last week, assured the crowd that the Georgian would definitely serve in some capacity in a Trump administration.

Those assurances seemed designed to gently let down loyalists Mr. Gingrich, 73, has accumulated over his 36 years in politics and public life, during which he is credited with planning the GOP’s stunning 1994 takeover of the U.S. House after 40 years in the minority.

Mr. Gingrich has traveled with Mr. Trump on campaign stops and has won kudos from even Trump skeptics for explaining the hows and whys of the Trump phenomenon at this point in American political history better than anyone else, including Mr. Trump himself.

Mr. Gingrich has been a national figure in politics virtually from the day he first won election to the U.S. House in 1977 and has made political enemies for his brashness and unorthodox ideas.

According to campaign insiders, Mr. Trump genuinely likes Mr. Gingrich but some in the Trump family, especially his adult children, aren’t great Gingrich fans.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...v-mike-pence-/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Pence will do nothing positive for the campaign or governance. Wrong person.

SCOTT BROWN FOR VP!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    The Mike Pence I Know

Posted on July 6, 2016 by OOV

Our good friend and frequent contributor, Kay Bentley, recently requested a copy of an article I wrote nearly 3 years ago about the rise of Indiana Governor, then Congress-critter, Mike Pence. It was my response to an article that appeared in the “DAILY CALLER at that time.

With the news that Pence is under consideration for the VP slot in a Trump presidency I thought this post might be helpful for our readers who don’t know Pence as well as some of us Hoosiers do. Enjoy. ~ OOV

2013-09-12

I was shocked to read the DAILY CALLER (LINK) refer to Indiana Gov. Mike Pence as a “silver-haired savior” and as a “presidential powerhouse candidate”. In my opinion, Pence is anything BUT a “savior” for American conservatives.

Let me tell you about the Mike Pence I know, and why I don”t trust him when it comes to ILLEGAL immigration and being a man of his word.

A long, long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, I traveled in pretty heady political circles, enjoying contacts with leaders and candidates of both the GOP and Democrat parties. During my military, law enforcement and IT professional life I was occasionally no more than 2 or 3 phone calls away from being able to directly access the political leadership of America, including the White House.

I’m not going to drop names here but I have had governors, congressmen and candidates for president in my office seeking support for their political ambitions.

On one occasion, at a GOP “mover & shaker” soiree, I had a one-on-one with, then Congressman, Mike Pence. Pence had just announced his “No Amnesty” amnesty as a counter to the Kennedy-McCain amnesty bill. His bill was anything but a counter proposal and in reality gave ILLEGALS many of same benefits that the Kennedy-McCain bill offered them.

I asked Pence why he was proposing a bill that gave amnesty to ILLEGALS. He said he opposed amnesty and that his bill had been misinterpreted by the media and the political opposition. Pence told me that his definition of “amnesty” meant automatic citizenship. But, this was the same definition that Bush supported and Kennedy-McCain relied on in their schemes. So what was different about the Pence plan?

The Pence plan had a “touchback” provision that required ILLEGALS to return “home” and re-enter the US legally; IF they had a job waiting for them! In the case of families, only the head of the household had to return and re-enter. When the ILLEGAL returns, he returns as a legal temporary “guestworker”.

As a guest worker, he will be able to keep renewing his temporary status and remain in America for up to 17 years. At that point, he can go through the process of getting a green card. Any children he has while here will be American citizens, which will make it more difficult to deport him should he overstay his welcome; a process we”re seeing play out right now.

The pitfalls of the Pence-plan was clearly exposed in a piece by VDARE author Bryanna Bevens (LINK) in her 2006 missive, “The New Senate Bill Is Amnesty For Millions”. The Pence Plan Is Amnesty For Millions More“. I won”t repeat her incisive analysis, so please take the time to read it for yourself.

Pence personally assured me
    that he would never support amnesty nor any legislation that rewarded ILLEGALS. He lied.

In May of this year (2013) Mike Pence signed into Indiana law a bill that provides in-state tuition for ILLEGAL aliens. We can expect more of the same hispandering and semantic game playing from him that we”ve seen from other RINOS like Graham, McCain and Rubio.

Like I said, Mike Pence is ANYTHING but a savior for American Conservatives and is a man who can”t be trusted to keep his word.

http://www.oneoldvet.com/politics/th...-pence-i-know/

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Trump Unveils His Version Of Mike Pence's "Touchback" Amnesty Scheme On Hannity Today (by Dave Levine)

Trump Unveils His Version Of Mike Pence's "Touchback" Amnesty Scheme On Hannity Todayby Dave Levine

Well, there you have it, fellow Conservatives. Trump is describing a version of Mike Pence's (and later, Mitt Romney's) "touchback Amnesty" where the U.S. sets up "little Ellis Islands" along the war zone known as our Southern Border.

Meanwhile, somehow, President Trump magically convinces most of the 40 to 60 million illegals ("the good ones" as he calls them) TO SELF-DEPORT to Mexico, Central America, China and Vietnam.

Back home in their respective countries, they'll get their papers and (I'm assuming) move TO THE FRONT OF THE LINE ahead of long-waiting would-be legal aliens whence Trump will welcome these millions BACK INTO the U.S. as legal aliens with green cards, visas and the whole schmear! Thus, 40 to 60 million aliens--formerly illegals--will now be LEGAL aliens and presumably, many of them will vote Republican once they are naturalized. In other words, there will be no net loss of population and the GOP won't ever need Conservative voters again!

Former Congressman Mike Pence's "touchback Amnesty" bill was laughed out of the House in 2006. Speaker Hastert never let it get to the floor.

The problems with this scheme are many. A lot has changed along the Southern Border. The Cartel controls much of that area on the Mexico side and some of the area on the U.S. side. Installing "little Ellis Islands" is problematic. Only a crazy person would want to work in these zones! With millions of Mexicans having supposedly repatriated voluntarily, they'll be lined up on the Mexican side of the Border with their papers waiting to get back in. They'll be "easy prey" for the Cartel operatives. Many will die and the U.S. will be blamed. Horror stories of former illegals being kidnapped, raped and blackmailed while getting back to the Border and waiting in line will be abundant. There will be tremendous pressure from liberals and liberal orgs to "rush" these former illegals thru. It will be AN UNMITIGATED DISASTER! Once the word gets out about returning illegals getting raped, robbed and murdered, illegals who stayed behind here will dig in. They aren't about to go back to Mexico!

What Trump doesn't seem to realize--being an elitist (AND HE IS AN ELITIST)--is that the American people are dead set against ANY form of legalization or Amnesty and in fact want these millions of illegals to leave AND NOT COME BACK! Polls are consistent--62 or 63% of Americans are opposed to Amnesty/legalization. Both McCain and Romney lost the 2008 and 2012 Elections pushing Amnesty. Obviously, Trump hasn't learned anything except how to hoodwink millions of gullible Conservative voters!

There are other serious problems with his "touchback Amnesty" scheme. The world will know that he's planning this (he's already announced it) and this will signal millions of soon-to-be-illegals to break into the U.S. ahead of the Amnesty, meaning these next 18 months (before he becomes President) will see a sharp spike in the Invasion including criminal aliens such as gangbangers.

The touchback Amnesty scheme assumes that illegals will self-deport. However, given their mistrust of our government, there is a good chance that less than half of them will actually self-deport, forcing DHS/ICE to remove perhaps 20 to 30 million or more of them along with "the bad apples". There is no structure, no mechanism to do this effectively! Massive ICE raids on businesses (attrition thru enforcement) has rarely been used. Millions of illegals own homes and property.How will they be handled?

Millions of illegals are working under the table, not paying taxes. They won't want to go back to Mexico or El Salvador for ANY reason!

The idea that we're going to go to such lengths to deport them or get them to self-deport and then have them come back legally in 6 months or so is simply insane. Once they're back in their countries, they cannot return--whether Trump wants them to return or not.

Mike Pence's "touchback" scheme was shot down in 2006 and Trump's will be shut down this year, in 2015. If Trump thinks he can get elected pushing mass "touchback" legalization, he's crazy!

It's time for Conservatives to stop the Trump surge! Unless he recants this "touchback" Amnesty scheme, he won't get our votes. At least NOW we all know that he's for legalizing 40 to 60 million illegals in an impossible scheme that cannot succeed.

http://thedavelevineshow.ning.com/profiles/blogs/trump-unveils-his-version-of-mike-pence-s-touchback-amnesty

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Pence to attend Trump rally Tuesday

By Eric Bradner, CNN
    Updated 10:28 AM ET, Mon July 11, 2016

Indianapolis, Indiana (CNN)Indiana Gov. Mike Pence will attend Donald Trump's rally in Westfield, Indiana, on Tuesday night and says he'd be "happy to" speak if Trump asks.

"I'll be glad to be there, either cheering from behind, or if he wants me to bring a few words," Pence told reporters Monday morning at a charity bike ride for fallen police officers.

Pence, the first-term governor who Trump is vetting for the Republican vice presidential nod, is also set to appear with Trump at a high-dollar fundraiser in Indianapolis earlier Tuesday evening.

RELATED: Last chance for Never Trump: What to watch for this week in Cleveland

"Look, I'm supporting Donald Trump as the next president of the United States of America. I think this country is facing great challenges at home and abroad," Pence said.

"I think we need strong leadership supporting our troops, strong leadership to get this economy moving again, and we need clear-minded leadership to make common-sense, conservative appointments to the Supreme Court of the United States," he said.

Pence added, "And I'm prepared to make that case anywhere across Indiana and anywhere across this country that Donald Trump would want me to."

RELATED: Senate Republicans cash in on donors who aren't giving to Trump

Pence deflected questions about whether he expects to be Trump's vice presidential nominee.

"I haven't had any contact with Mr. Trump since we spoke about a week ago. You'll have to talk to the campaign about what their timetable is," he said.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/11/politi...d-trump-rally/

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The whole notion of "self deportation" is an affront to border control. Border control means control of people and goods flowing both ways across the US border. We cannot just let people sneak back out across the US border. This is why deportation is such an important part of confronting illegal immigration. They all have to be deported. A real and reasonable amnesty plan means illegals would be immune from deportation if they turned themselves in to immigration authorities. They then would be transported legally and in a supervised manner back across the US border to wherever they came from. They would be documented as illegals, but no charges filed and as part of the terms of their amnesty, they would agree not to come back. If they did come back and were caught, it would mean jail time and deportation.
    Support ALIPAC'sFIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Friend Says Mike Pence Ready to Accept Trump's VP Slot

Monday, July 11, 2016 02:06 PM

Mike Pence would jump at the chance to be Donald Trump's vice-presidential running mate because the Indiana governor believes he can help shore up the billionaire real-estate tycoon's "obvious shortcomings," a longtime friend of Pence tells National Review.

"He'll approach it as, where does he feel called to serve?" the friend tells Eliana Johnson, The Review's Washington editor.

"I think he would view this as an opportunity … basically to add value by saying, ‘This is what the president does and doesn't do, and here's what you need to do to move a bill in Congress.'"

And for Trump, Johnson writes, "choosing Pence would send a signal to anxious conservatives that the GOP nominee isn't hell-bent on alienating them. Pence has both congressional and executive experience, and as a low-key policy wonk, he would strike different note on the campaign trail."

Pence, 57, is a tea-party advocate who opposes both same-sex marriage and has said gays should not serve in the military

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/mik.../11/id/738117/