Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

[quote]
    Sen Reid’s Health Care Bill Double Counts Medicare Cuts and Increases the Deficit Says CBO
    Written by Steven Foley TOP NEWS Dec 23, 2009

The Congressional Budget Office (CBO), today, has issued a letter requested by Senator Jeff Sessions confirming suspicions that the $500 billion in cuts to Medicare are being simultaneously counted as savings and future Medicare outlays as well as funding all expenses for ObamaCareâ„¢.

Savings from Medicare touted by Democrats as a means to pay for the Senate health care bill was double-counted and the legislation will increase the deficit, not decrease it, a senior Republican senator said Wednesday, citing a new letter from the Congressional Budget Office.

Savings from Medicare touted by Democrats as a means to pay for the Senate health care bill were double-counted and the legislation will increase the deficit, not decrease it, a senior Republican senator said Wednesday, citing a new letter from the Congressional Budget Office.

As the Senate prepares for a crucial vote before final passage of a massive overhaul bill that Democrats argue will reduce the deficit by $132 billion over 10 years, Sen. Jeff Sesssions, R-Ala, said the nearly $500 billion in cuts to Medicare actually will add $300 billion to the deficit

“The real score on this legislation is that it would cause the deficit to increase, and not be a surplus as the president has promised,â€

April
    “[quote]The real score on this legislation is that it would cause the deficit to increase, and not be a surplus as the president has promised,â€

[quote]
    Resistance is NOT Futile! Health Care Nullification: Things Have Just Gotten Underway
    By Michael Boldin Monday, December 21, 2009

“The several States composing the United States of America, are not united on the principle of unlimited submission to their General Government.â€

April
    That’s nullification at work.
    That IS another thing we NEED MORE NULLIFICATION!!!

April
    Perdue Calls for Probe of Health Care Deal
    By Associated Press
    Updated: 2 minutes ago

ATLANTA — Governor Sonny Perdue is calling for a probe of the political deal struck to pass the healthcare overhaul bill in Congress.

Perdue wants to know if exemptions in the health care overhaul bill are constitutional. Perdue has asked Georgia’s attorney general Thurbert Baker to investigate if special exemptions in the bill are constitutional.

The bill now making its way through the senate permanently exempts Nebraska from paying Medicaid costs that other states like Georgia have to pay.

Perdue wants Baker to join seven Republican attorney generals in the nation already looking into it.

A spokesman for Baker, who is a Democrat, noted that the legislation hasn't been approved or enacted yet.

http://www.gpb.org/news/2009/12/23/perd ... -care-deal

April
    End in Sight: Senate Prepares to Vote on Health Care Bill Christmas Eve

By HUMA KHAN
    Dec. 23, 2009

Senate Democrats today cleared the final procedural hurdle on the way to passage of their health care bill.

The senator claims that the bill "doesn't better the quality of health care."By a majority vote -- the last needed to end debate on the health care legislation -- Democrats defeated a series of points of orders raised by Republicans, including one that questioned whether the requirement for all Americans to purchase health insurance was constitutional.

"Everyone... should be alarmed," Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison, R-Texas, said on the Senate floor while raising a point of order. "I feel duty-bound to question the constitutionality of this bill."

South Carolina attorney general and gubernatorial candidate Henry McMaster, a Republican, said he and his counterparts in Alabama, Colorado, Michigan, North Dakota, Texas and Washington state will investigate whether the special provisions for Nebraska and other states that are included in the Senate health care bill are constitutional.

Nebraska, Florida, Vermont and several other states got concessions in what many Republicans say was a move by the Democratic leadership to buy the support of skeptical senators from those states.

"It is now only hours until this Senate will pass meaningful health care reform," said Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus, D-Mont. "It has been a long time coming. ... I thank God that I have lived to see this day."

Senate GOP leaders have conceded defeat but continued today their attack on the partisan health care bill.

Republicans appeared before reporters with their own cost assessment of the bill, charging that it would add an extra $1 trillion to the budget deficit even though the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office has said it would reduce the deficit by $132 billion over ten years.

"What we've seen is a colossal manipulation of the accounting scores of CBO and CMS [Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services]," Sen. Jeff Sessions, R-Ala., said at a news conference today. "If a private company had done this, a president of a private company had proposed such a bogus scoring system, they'd be going to jail."

Sen. John Barrasso, R-Wyo., a medical doctor, also assailed the Democrats' plan on today's "Top Line."

"It would be a historic mistake for this country if this is what happens to health care," Barrasso said. "The message [for Republicans next year] should be, the debt is the threat."

Even though the Senate health care bill does not have the bipartisan support President Obama had called for, he threw his full support behind it in an interview with the Washington Post, saying he is "not just grudgingly supporting the bill. I am very enthusiastic about what we have achieved.

"Every single criteria for reform I put forward is in this bill," the president said.

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/HealthCare/sen ... id=9408827

Nebraska Governor Not So Sweet on the Sweetheart Health Care Deal
    Wednesday, December 23, 2009

ADVERTISEMENTThis is a rush transcript from "On the Record," December 22, 2009. This copy may not be in its final form and may be updated.

GRETA VAN SUSTEREN, FOX NEWS HOST: Well, listen to this. The Lincoln Journal Star, a Nebraska newspaper, writes, "If Senator Ben Nelson and Governor Dave Heineman were members of the Corleone family, they might be getting ready to go to the mattresses." Yikes! Their spat got revved up when Governor Heineman sent the senator a letter asking him to vote no on the Senate health care bill and then later criticized the senator for getting a sweetheart deal for his state to the tune of about $100 million.

And then Senator Ben Nelson fired back at the governor. He sent his own letter telling the governor he will give up the $100 million for his state if the governor asks him to do so. Ouch!

Governor Dave Heineman joins us live. Governor, so will you be asking Senator Ben Nelson to tell the Senate that you guys don't -- Nebraska doesn't want that $100 million? Are you going to ask him to do that?

GOV. DAVE HEINEMAN, R - NEB.: Well, we've already made it clear, Greta, we want all these special deals removed. In fact, this afternoon, our other United States senator, Senator Mike Johanns, introduced an amendment to strip all of the special interest deals from this bill, and the Democrats objected! That is really unfortunate. All these special deals should be removed from the bill.

VAN SUSTEREN: All right, now, you talk about "all these" special deals, and I take it that you mean, like, all the ones to Florida, to Connecticut. What about to your state alone? Are you willing to give up the -- are you willing to say, We don't want the $100 million in our state, Nebraska?

HEINEMAN: Absolutely. Nebraska doesn't want a special deal. We only want a fair deal. We're embarrassed by what's going on. We're very surprised. Nebraskans are angry and upset about what occurred. And so they need to set this straight.

I've also asked Senator Nelson -- I'm going to repeat it again tonight. He has a chance tomorrow to vote no on cloture. That would be the best thing for Nebraska, the best thing for America. Send this bill back to committee. Go home for Christmas and think about it and get it right.

VAN SUSTEREN: Is there any chance that he will vote no? Because he certainly has been on the firing line in the past few days with the suggestion that Senator Harry Reid, the majority leader, essentially bought his 60th vote. Is he likely, now that he's on the firing line, to have a different view of this going into the vote?

HEINEMAN: Probably not, but I'm going to continue to ask him to do it. Nebraskans are asking him. They're calling him every single day. They're sending him e-mails. We don't want him to vote for this bill. He has the chance now. He had the chance a week ago. Vote no. Vote no on cloture, and this bill won't go forward.

VAN SUSTEREN: All right, one of the interesting aspects is that the senator, used to be a governor, used to be the governor of Nebraska, and when he's been on this show, he's been very concerned about the costs, which is why I assume that he was so content, I guess, to get this $100 million to the state to sort of solve your cost issues with the unfunded mandate.

If you send him that letter, so that now you say you don't want that money, and suddenly Nebraska has that money problem again, will that not have an impact on his vote, do you think? So shouldn't you get the letter to him by the time of the vote, if you want it to have an effect?

HEINEMAN: Well, I think he already knows exactly where I stand. I've been doing interview after interview today. There's no question that we in Nebraska are against any special deal. None of us want to see an unfunded mandate. This doesn't take effect, I guess, until 2016 or 2017. But yes, he ought to vote no.

He knows exactly what's going on. He's hearing loud and clear from Nebraskans, Senator, don't do this. We don't want a special deal. But more importantly, Greta, this deal is bad news for Nebraska and bad news for America. You've got the Medicare cuts, you've got the tax increases, skyrocketing premiums, the abortion controversy in terms of the funding. Again, bad news for America, bad news for Nebraska. Vote no, Senator Nelson.

VAN SUSTEREN: Has he been doing radio shows back in Nebraska? I mean, how much heat back home is he getting on this?

HEINEMAN: Oh, he's getting a lot of heat, Greta. He's been doing radio programs. People are calling in, in opposition. People can't even get through on phones to call him because so many people are calling, expressing their anger.

And one of the reasons why is most of us thought he was going to vote no. We were very surprised when he announced that he was for this. He had given many indications, strong indications that he was opposed to this bill unless they could do certain things, including, you know, the issue involving the abortion language.

VAN SUSTEREN: You know, I bet he probably thought, you know, Look, I did something special for my state. I got my state handled, and I probably -- he didn't expect this backlash. He probably, in his advocacy, you know, didn't realize sort of the greater -- the backlash on it.

HEINEMAN: Maybe so. But we're a state that believes in high ethical standards. We don't ask for anything special. We want to be treated like everyone else. But I will tell you, it's been a firestorm. It's been a backlash. I just hope Senator Nelson will listen to the voters of Nebraska, listens to our citizens. He still has one more opportunity tomorrow. He could still derail this health care bill by voting no.

VAN SUSTEREN: Governor, thank you, sir. And of course, all eyes on Nebraska. We'll be watching to see what happens. Thank you, sir.

HEINEMAN: Merry Christmas.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,580947,00.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Any elected official who knowing votes for an unconstitutional law has committed an impeachable offense and should be removed from office.

April
    Quote Originally Posted by Justthatguy
    Any elected official who knowing votes for an unconstitutional law has committed an impeachable offense and should be removed from office.
    KICK THEM ALL OUT!!!

April
    Here is something to make the strongest stomach ill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOYqNO-RoT8

They have no idea the hornets nest they have stirred up!!!!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast