Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

JAK

Please help Colorado

I received in an email...
    (I have already done this... I may not be on until late tomorrow if at all)

IMMEDIATE ACTION NEEDED
    CALL TO ACTION
    HB08 1306
    Prompt Pay Act of 2008

We are in a unique situation with HB08 1306. HB08 1306 is set to be heard by the House Appropriations Committee tomorrow morning. HB08 1306 has six votes committed in support and the assumption that a single vote is coming. Having said that, HB08 1306 would pass out of Appropriations 7 to 6.

If the bill passes Appropriations, it will be on the floor of the House of Representatives as early as tomorrow afternoon.

CONTACT the members of the House of Representatives NOW
    ASK them to SUPPORT HB08 1306 ON 2ND READING

KEY POINTS OF HB08 1306
    Recognition by the construction industry and many Colorado legislators that TIMELY PAYMENT FOR PROPERLY PERFORMED WORK on construction projects is essential to the economic health of Colorado, the well being and safety of its citizens, and restoring freedom of contract to Colorado construction by giving all contracting parties more equal bargaining power in the negotiation process, has resulted in HB08 1306. HB08 1306 is a result of a cooperative effort by all parties of the construction industry in both the public and private sector.

HB08 1306 applies only to work that has been properly performed.
    Ability to pay - Contractors/subcontractors may request, in writing, a written statement from the owner demonstrating its ability to fund and fulfill the payment obligations under the agreement.
    Billing cycles and progress payments - Billing cycle is monthly with established timelines for payment from the point of invoice to payment of all parties for properly performed work. This is in agreement with current statute governing public construction.
    Extended progress payment time - Progress payments may be made by an owner to a contractor later than 25 days after receipt of an approved invoice but not more than 60 days subject to conditions of notification.
    Retainage - Retainage is limited to 5% of total contract amount. This is in agreement with the current statute governing public construction.
    Change directives - Fair and equitable payment of work that is deemed a change from the original contract.
    Suspension of performance - Work may be suspended for failure of payment of the approved portion of any progress payment invoice.

COPY and PASTE the email addresses of the members of the
    House of Representatives (below) into the 'BC' line of your email.
    In the SUBJECT line enter 'Please Vote Yes on HB08 1306.'

david.balmer.house@state.co.us; debbie@debbiebenefield.org; alice.borodkin.house@state.co.us; bernie.buescher.house@state.co.us; dorothy.butcher.house@state.co.us; morgan.carroll.house@state.co.us; terrance.carroll.house@state.co.us; edward.casso.house@state.co.us; Kathleen.curry.house@state.co.us; randy.fischer.house@state.co.us; kjerry.frangas.house@state.co.us; sara.gagliardi.house@state.co.us; rafael.gallegos.house@state.co.us; michael@michaelgarcia.info; bob.gardner.house@state.co.us; gardner@plains.net; repdangibbs@gmail.com; gwyngreen@yahoo.com; mary.hodge.house@state.co.us; cheri.jahn.house@state.co.us; repjoeljudd@joeljudd.com; john.kefalas.house@state.co.us; andy.kerr.house@state.co.us; james.kerr.house@state.co.us; defense4women@aol.com; jeanne.labuda.house@state.co.us; rep.kent.lambert@comcast.net; claire.levy.house@state.co.us; larry.liston.house@state.co.us; marshalooper@gmail.net;marsha.looper.house@state.co.us; kevin@kevinlundberg.com; alice.madden.house@state.co.us; don.marostica.house@state.co.us; rosemary.marshall.house@state.co.us; tom.massey.house@state.co.us; mike.may.house@state.co.us; buffie2006@hotmail.com; anne.mcgihon.house@state.co.us; wes.mckinley.house@state.co.us; frank.mcnulty.house@state.co.us; michael.merrifield.house@state.co.us; victor.mitchell.house@state.co.us; cherylin.peniston.house@state.co.us; jack.pommer.house@state.co.us; dianne.primavera.house@state.co.us; joerice38@msn.com; jim.riesberg.house@state.co.us; ellen.roberts.house@state.co.us; romanoff@coloradohouse.org; ray.rose.house@state.co.us; judy.solano.house@state.co.us;jerry.sonnenberg.house@state.co.us; john.soper.house@state.co.us; debbie.stafford.house@state.co.us; amy.stephens.house@state.co.us; ken.summers.house@state.co.us; spencer.swalm.house@state.co.us; nancy.todd.house@state.co.us; glenn.vaad.house@state.co.us; reppaul@aol.com; al.white.house@state.co.us; rob.witwer.house@state.co.us;
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    Thanks for posting JAK!! I have emailed!!! PLEASE EVERYONE JOIN IN, IMMEDIATE ACTION IS NEEDED!!!! We need to take back out country one STATE AT A TIME!!!! IT will only take a few minutes but it will MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE!!!

I've made some calls and sent some emails, Now,,,just to get this clear,, from what I've read,, I''ll ask some of you,,Does this Bill actually have anything to do with Illegal Immigration?
    I'm only asking.......
    http://www.statebillinfo.com/sbi/index. ... =HB08-1306
    ------------------------