Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW
    PineStrawGuys wrote:

I would suggest that you look at not only what the candidates are saying, but at how long they've been saying it, what they were saying BEFORE and who is PAYING them to say it NOW.
    That would definitely leave Romney and Thompson in the cold.

Romney was for amnesty before he was against it, fore gun control before he was against it, for abortion before he was against it, etc. The man changes his mind more than a Chameleon changes colors. Some would call that flip-flopping (me included). He has absolutely no credibility with me. What's to say he won't change his mind once he's sitting in the Oval Office?

As for Thompson, let's just say he honored his CFR membership while in the Senate. His voting record is absolutely disgraceful on immigration issues. Check it out:

http://profiles.numbersusa.com/improfil ... &VIPID=743

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Holding out for Hunter

I've been holding for Hunter. But, I think I may be ready to back Romney. He's not my first choice. But, he handled himself well in the debate. I am curious as to who he would consider for a vice presidential choice. It's too early to have that discussion, but a solid second would help tremendously.

Thompson's camp has had troubles with his wife "running" his campaign. Although he did well during the debate, I'd be afraid Thompson would go back into sleeper mode.

Flip flopping Romney

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    PineStrawGuys wrote:

I would suggest that you look at not only what the candidates are saying, but at how long they've been saying it, what they were saying BEFORE and who is PAYING them to say it NOW.

Romney was for amnesty before he was against it, fore gun control before he was against it, for abortion before he was against it, etc. The man changes his mind more than a Chameleon changes colors. Some would call that flip-flopping (me included). He has absolutely no credibility with me. What's to say he won't change his mind once he's sitting in the Oval Office?

As for Thompson, let's just say he honored his CFR membership while in the Senate. His voting record is absolutely disgraceful on immigration issues. Check it out:

I've been concerned by the flip flopping also. Part of my concern is that Romney is after all a business man. He's been so willing to change his mind, would he over identify with other businessmen. I'm afraid I don't think we have much of a choice.

I think Iowa and New Hampshire stuck it to us.

Banned
    PineStrawGuys wrote:

Well , its your choice

Out of the first 3 contests neither Hunter or Paul has finished in the medal winners

That leaves you with
    Any Dem of which all are pro amnesty

or

Huck , pro amensty
    Rudi Pro amnesty
    McCain , without a doubt amnesty
    Romney , Proven enforcement record

Hunter , not breaking 1%
    Paul , not even close in any of the 3 contests so far

I would have gone for Tancredo if he had others stands, on other issues other then just illegal immigration. Which I really liked, but it’s just a person needs more to be president. It doesn’t matter anyway, he dropped out. I believe he did just what he wanted to do, that was to highlight and bring attention the immigration issue. He wanted to make sure it came into the mix this election season. And he did a good job of that, Thanks, Tom!

Paul, well I like something’s about him, mainly his views on illegal immigration but feel he is a “loose cannonâ€
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

Banned

Re: Flip flopping Romney

Quote Originally Posted by ymeoru
    I've been concerned by the flip flopping also. Part of my concern is that Romney is after all a business man. He's been so willing to change his mind, would he over identify with other businessmen. I'm afraid I don't think we have much of a choice.

I think Iowa and New Hampshire stuck it to us.
    It ain't over, man. Hell, it ain't even STARTED yet. Don't let the MSM bulldog you into making a choice before you're ready. Less than 1% of the population has voted so far, relax and do your research, you CAN'T vote until it's your turn anyway...

MW
    usanevada wrote:

Well , its your choice

Out of the first 3 contests neither Hunter or Paul has finished in the medal winners

That's a down right lie, and you should know it!

Duncan Hunter finished third in Wyoming and earned a delegate.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    [quote="MadInChicago"]I would have gone for Tancredo if he had others stands, on other issues other then just illegal immigration. Which I really liked, but it’s just a person needs more to be president. It doesn’t matter anyway, he dropped out. I believe he did just what he wanted to do, that was to highlight and bring attention the immigration issue. He wanted to make sure it came into the mix this election season. And he did a good job of that, Thanks, Tom!

Paul, well I like something’s about him, mainly his views on illegal immigration but feel he is a “loose cannonâ€

And I would add that we want a candidate with a business & private sector background. NOT a professional politician/hack who has been in public office collecting taxpayer-funded paychecks for decades.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    usanevada wrote:

Well , its your choice

That's a down right lie, and you should know it!

Duncan Hunter finished third in Wyoming and earned a delegate.
    Your right and I stand corrected

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast