Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Please help me understand Tancredo endorsing Romney

I am so wired right now I am asking for my wonderful ALIPAC friends to help me make sense of this. How can Tancredo endorse someone who thought the 2006 proposed amnesty was a good idea?

I have been a loyal Tancredo supporter WAY before he ran for president. I paid to see him speak-bought his book. I have been to house parties, etc. and have been all set to vote for him in the New Hampshire Primary in 19 days. I wrote him in for President in 2004 because there was no way I would ever vote for Bush or Kerry. I have made donations.

I believed in Tom. There are SO MANY issues that I DISAGREE with him on-especially stem cell research. This is a vital issue to me. You see my mother got Alzheimers at 51 and I have a 50% chance of having that gene. People with this gene have gotten Alzheimers in thier 30's and 40's. Stem research is important-if not vital to me and future generations. However, I overlooked his stance on stem cell and choice issues because I still felt-despite my personal needs-we needed to have him in to save the invasion of this country for generations to come.

I FEEL SO BETRAYED. How could he not endorse Hunter or Paul? Please don't tell me it is because they cannot win. That is a garbage reason.

My original plan was to vote for Tom in the primary and then register independent because you see I am really independent-there is no party for me as I have beliefs that are considered both "conservative" and "liberal". Truly I am a real conservative-meaning minimal government interference in my life and also for America first-no party cares about middle class working Americans anymore.

I think I am going to write in Lou Dobbs.

Does anyone feel as betrayed as I do?

Thank you for listening for my meltdown.

Nicole

Re: Please help me understand Tancredo endorsing Romney

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole

I FEEL SO BETRAYED. How could he not endorse Hunter or Paul? Please don't tell me it is because they cannot win. That is a garbage reason.
    That is the exact reason he said. I believe that is his true feelings. He feels Mitt has the best chance and he wants to derail Huckaberry in Iowa. Who knows. Perhaps at this point, it is a chess game.

I know. I am with you. I would of suspected he would endorse Ron Paul. I would have even nodded and understood if he endorsed Hunter. An endorsement SHOULD NOT be about hedging political aspirations, but rather going with what you "feel" is the right choice.

Perhaps he thinks Mitt is the only choice given that he is in second place and sees Huckabee as just as dangerous to America as Hillary or Obama.

Again. America is given the choices of the lesser of two evils.

We need a new direction. IF WE ALL VOTED for what is best - we wouldn't have to vote for the lesser of the two evils the MSM keep serving up.

While Romney was in office in Massachusetts--long before this issue became as hot as it is now:

--He stopped illegals from getting drivers' licenses

--He stopped illegals from getting in-state tuition

--He gave the police the authority to assist ICE to arrest and deport illegals.
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Similar discussion here:

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-95083.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

He's a good man but I feel that he is supporting the lesser of many evils. His views are more in line with Hunter and Paul on immigration. I really feel that he should've endorsed one of those two. I still like the man, but I'm very disappointed in his decision.

Hopefully, his supporters will come out for Ron Paul, or even Duncan Hunter, instead of Romney.

Ostrich

Banned
    I backed Tom from day one

If Tancredo feels the best choice on this issue is Romney
    I will support his choice

Its not like Romney doesn't have a record of going after illegals

He has done more then the other headliners who flat out
    have worked against enforcing the laws like Rudi and Huck and McCain have done

You can end up a lot worse than Romney , like with Hillary or Huck

Look..I'm thinking out loud here but I wondered if Romney will pull a stunt on those who want them here and let the states Tancredoize the living crap out of their laws.The opposite of the evangelical globalist liars like Bush and Huckabee.
    Maybe he mentioned the "legalize or pathway" part on the morn. show to fool the traitors this time..
    HOW's THAT FOR POLITICS!!!

Banned
    Sooner or later the supporters of Ron Paul or Duncan Hunter will
    have to make a choice , either write in their favorites or support
    the choice of the Republican or Democratic parties

Geeeez people wake up , it won't be Ron Paul and it won't
    be Duncan Hunter

There are far to many people in this country who havn't heard of
    either one of them

Its the way things work here , the media pushes the campaigns

Its sad I know , but its not going to change and no matter how much money Paul has it won't make one bit of difference

I hope I'm wrong on this but I don't think so

I think Tom picked the most electable, and least objectionable, choice as he sees it. I would have preferred Ron Paul, even though I think he needs to be educated on the guestworker visa issue. Many people will reject Romney because he's Mormon. There aren't any perfect choices here.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

With all due respect to those who are talking about "lesser of two evils" or most electable-isn't that how we got our country so messed up? We let the media lead us around like puppy dogs about who are the leaders in this poll and that poll. We listen and hear them say-so and so doesn't have a chance. If enough people said to heck with the lesser of two evils and vote for who would really make changes instead of saying well A is still better than B this country would be in much better shape. Just MHO.

I detest all the "leaders" in both parties and truly do not think there will be much difference in this country if any of them become president. They are all-repubs and dems-big sell outs to Giant corporations.

My vote is too important. Soldiers and civilians have given their lives for over 200 years for it. I will not vote for the lesser of two evils or most electable. If that means a write in-so be it.

Again. thanks for listening.

Nicole

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast