Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Police Chief going after Sheriff Joe!!!

Buckeye Police Chief Dan Saban announces retirement to take on Sheriff Joe Arpaio.
    Tue Jan 29, 2008 at 03:00:19 PM

Dan the Man, heading into battle against Nickel Bag Joe.

Just received the following news release on Dan Saban's retirement as Buckeye Police Chief. It'll be effective August 1, so he'll have nothing slowing him down as he goes into full-court press against Sheriff Joe this fall. If we're lucky, by the second week in November, we'll be reading about ol' Joe's forced retirement from office.

With Obama coming to town tomorrow and the primary next week, I know everyone is caught up in Presidential fever when it comes to politics. As much as I'd like to see the Dems win the Presidency, the Saban vs. Arpaio race is by far the most important political race this year for all those who live in Maricopa County. Followed closely by County Attorney Candy Thomas' bid for reelection.

What happens in Washington matters, of course. What happens here matters more. The MCSO is the entity that's riding roughshod over the rights of oridinary citizens like you and me. Liberals and conservatives alike like to natter on about the Patriot Act and such. But it's the MCSO's Selective Enforcement Unit that can come calling for you in the middle of the night, like they did my bosses Jim Larkin and Mike Lacey. And it's MCSO kingpins like Chief Deputy David Hendershott and others, who have the power to smear folks, just like they did Dan Saban back in 2004.

One interesting aside: Check Buckeye Mayor Bobby Bryant's good wishes to Saban below. Bryant and Saban have had their tiffs. In September, Bryant even suggested an ordinance forbidding any city employee from being "a candidate for nomination or election to any paid public office." The proposed ordinance was aimed squarely at Saban, though it was later withdrawn from consideration once it began to garner media attention. Check then Bird item, "Dan Tanned," and the blog item, "Buckeye punts, for the moment, on ordinance aimed at Arpaio foe Chief Dan Saban," if you're interested in ancient history.

Buckeye Police Chief Dan Saban Announces His Retirement Effective Aug. 1

Buckeye, Ariz. (Jan. 29, 200 – Buckeye Police Chief Dan Saban has announced his retirement from the department effective Aug. 1 to spend more time on his campaign for Maricopa County Sheriff.

In a letter to Interim Town Manager Jeanine Guy and Assistant Town Manager Scott Rounds, Saban said that his three-year verbal commitment when he was hired approaches on March 29, “a minimum of three full years in the event I chose to initiate a second campaign for Maricopa County Sheriff in 2008, and in fact I have.

“I am so grateful for the opportunities, challenges and experiences I have been afforded during my tenure thus far,â€
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

This is alarming for the fact that libidiots could flood Maricopa County in order to vote and, of course, illegal aliens will be attempted to be rigistered to vote by the open borders lobby. I hope strickt voter registration and election watchdogging are in place.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Let's hope there are still enough folks out there in Maricopa County who appreciate Sheriff Joe to see him through the challenge. Who else has actually been enforcing the laws on the books there? I can see folks rising up against a Sheriff who doesn't do his duty, but what kind of country are we turning into when elected officials are denounced for insisting we obey our own laws? If Joe was in error the State would have already shut him down, so this attack is obviously being mounted by those who want to impose their own agenda on the remaining law-abiding citizens of the county and expand the sanctuary city mentality outward beyond the city corporate zone.

Dan Saban needs to stay retired. He's given his hefty 3 year sacrifice to the community already...

Another man who is going to need election financing. Guess I'll have to find the site. At least it's a local election so $5 or $10 will count for more.

Haven't found the site, but what I have found says this Saban has had a run at Joe's job before.