Political stunt in Texas draws blood

November 2, 2016, 3:39 PM

A poll worker in Plano, Texas, received minor injuries after someone attached razor blades to
the bottom of a Trump campaign sign.

The hostility between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton supporters has been escalating as election day nears. But on Tuesday someone attached razor blades to a Trump-Pence sign, then used it to cover the official polling site sign at a polling location in Plano, Texas, CBS DFW reports.

Just before sunrise at Collin County College, a precinct official ordered the sign to be removed. The volunteer who took it down cut his hands on the box cutter blades that were attached to the bottom of the sign.

“It’s terrible we’ve become so polarized in our politics,” says Steve Spainhouer, the Democratic chair in Collin County Precinct 122. “I think it’s deplorable. It just shows how far we’ve come in politics where people want to be so mean, so hateful to try and injure somebody who’s probably got no political party persuasion one way or another and is just working at a poll.”

Spainhouer says it’s the worst campaign related crime he’s seen in his 16 years.

The cuts were minor and the individual chose to treat them himself and not seek medical attention. All campaign signs on the campus have been inspected and any containing sharp objects were removed.

In addition, Spainhouer said someone placed a Trump sign on the windshield of his van, which has numerous Clinton bumper stickers on the back. “I’ve already voted,” he said. “My vote’s not going to change. I think most people have their minds made up at this point, so there’s nothing to be gained by being mean-spirited.”

The blade incident was reported to campus police and the Texas rangers for investigation, and the sign has been seized by authorities. At this point no one has been questioned or arrested.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/politica...s-draws-blood/