Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

FoxNews as a fount of info

Thanks for the stats. I'm wondering if the Obama White House appreciates the fact that they're upping FoxNews's ratings. This little fued is the best thing to happen to FoxNews in quite a while. There's a quote that comes to mind when it comes to the "tyranny of ignorance" that so my politicians engage in when not bothering to inform their constituents.

"Enlighten the people, generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like spirits at the dawn of day." --Thomas Jefferson

The White House on this one; Fox News isn't "fair and balanced." 28% (168,319 votes)

Fox News on this one; it asks questions others don't and the White House should be able to handle them. 70% (418,026 votes)

Neither side. They're both trying to play this "feud" to their advantage. 2% (9,541 votes)
    Total Votes: 595,886
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

What would John Wayne do?

Likely, he'd say, "Walk tall, don't start the fight, but don't back down, and always speak straight and tell the truth."

And when accused of lying, I'd quote him from the movie True Grit; "Fill your hand you son of a b**ch!!," and then prepare to back it up with real action.

I doubt he'd engage in the kind of "talk it to death" campaign Obama is so good at, hoping that an unwanted situation would just "go away," and once he made a promise, he'd do his best to follow through. And I doubt he'd blame others for the problems he inherited. Instead of laying blame, he'd try to solve the problem.

Nope, nothing is fair or balanced in news reporting these days. All MSM outlets these days are under some sort of corporate control--the high lords that run many businesses and decide the editorial policy to hand down to the editors which then hand down the rulings (with their own bent) to the staff. In my career, I have had many battles, both as a reporter and editor, with the disembodied high lords of media when their decisions finally trickled down to me.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

the privilage of being an American

Not only is becoming a naturalized American a privilage, I think a lot of natural Americans (those legitimately born here) forget that a lot of their "rights" are a privilage; the privilage of earning a driver's license is just such an example.

What gets my goat is these organizations (MALDEF comes to mind) that have saddled us with situations where people who are here illegally end up receiving more privilages than many natural born Americans. Why is it that many illegal immigrants can nearly immediately gain access to Social Security benefits and Medicare when many American citizens can't? Why is it that, by the mere fact of being here illegally, they're somehow more privilaged to receive these benefits than "real" Americans. Who allowed this to happen?

April
    Who allowed this to happen?
    Its an agenda.

The changing of the politicians

There's an old Afghani custom that no man who desired to be in a position of power shall be allowed to occupy that position. Only those who want little or nothing to do with being a village chief are put into the position because it's known that they're less likely to abuse either the position or the power.

The question is, how do we find people of talent here in America that we can put into positions of power who have no desire for it?

Thank you for voting!
    The White House on this one; Fox News isn't "fair and balanced." 19% (200,525 votes)

Fox News on this one; it asks questions others don't and the White House should be able to handle them. 79% (820,280 votes)

Neither side. They're both trying to play this "feud" to their advantage. 2% (15,738 votes)

Total Votes: 1,036,543
    View Comments (869)
    Return To PollShare This
    PollDaddy.com

last poll I saw about FOX when I looked Nov.1,2009

I'm supporting:
    The White House on this one; Fox News isn't "fair and balanced." 19% (200,581 votes)

Fox News on this one; it asks questions others don't and the White House should be able to handle them. 79% (821,868 votes)

Neither side. They're both trying to play this "feud" to their advantage. 2% (15,756 votes)

Total Votes: 1,038,205
    http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/200 ... s_war.html

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123