Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Poll: What is The Overall Impact of Illegals on N.C.?

http://www.news14charlotte.com/content/ ... s/?SecID=1

AFTER TAKING THE POLL, IT WILL TAKE YOU TO THE RESULTS AND SOME VERY INTERESTING READERS COMMENTS!

What is the overall impact of illegal immigrants on North Carolina?
    Positive
    Neutral
    Negative
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Butterbean,

Thank you, thank you and thank you for posting this poll and the comments. I just voted "Negative" at the poll on how illegal immigration is affecting me personally in N.C. So did the majority of the poll voters, I see.

The comments at this newslink about the poll are very good too. I don't have time to add any personal comments tonight, but after reading several of the poller's comments, I think the majority of them said what needed to be said about illegal aliens, and they said it very well. These comments are worthwhile reading to all Alipac supporters.
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

I just voted. Come on people we need some votes.

Positive
    155 (21%)
    Neutral
    47 (6%)
    Negative
    524 (72%)
    Total Votes: 726
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

butterbean
    you might want to repost this one in the morning so we can get more folks to vote.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I found this in the quotes:

I believe if made draftable by the president, most would hightail it home. They would not fight for this country, they have no respect for our people and country. I see this every day and this means all the Latino countries, not just the mexicans, they litter on our grounds, laugh about how stupid Americans are, talk negative about our country all the time,they are terrified of immigration, but not afraid of collecting taxes on some innocent american's S.S. number! I'm engaged to a Costa Rican legal!

-Lets not be prejudice,just not be stupid!
    They do have to register. Males between 18 - 25. Check out:

http://www.sss.gov/FSwho.htm

It specifically says "illegal aliens".

Additionally, they are supposed to register before they receive NC driver's licenses!! Who checks up on this??

California or ground zero of the invasion
    Hey I don't live in North Carolina but voted for negative. Hope you don't mind I voted. However as a fellow US citizen and resident of California I know what you're all going through. I loved the responses and copied them for here.

Viewer Responses

I have a real problem with the whole immigration issue. I had a thriving contracting business that I paid 42 percent tax on, and I had to close it after six years. Why? It seems the immigrants come in and get 5-7 years of tax-free status. They underbid me on every single job. And if that wasn't bad enough, if I had bulk deliveries on a job site, my materials would be stolen in a matter of hours. So then they were outbidding against me using my materials. The world sucks.

-Anonymous

I am a contractor who uses "amigos" regularly for labor. But I am giving those jobs more and more to obvious citizens because so many Latino laborers are not legal these days. The problem seems to be getting worse. There has always been a segment of the population that is unwilling or unable to do anything except unskilled labor, and now most of those jobs are taken by illegal immigrants, forcing American laborers into poverty.

-Anonymous

Unless you are a Native American, someone in your family was an immigrant at some point. So just because they cannot speak English shouldn't be a major issue. The problem is they are not legal immigrants. Bush has let us down after 9/11 for not closing the major holes that allows so many illegals and who knows how many terrorists to enter our country. Instead of taking the war to them, we need to build a strong fort and let them try to break it down.

-good fences makes good neighbors

As a person working here on a company transfer, don't get me going about how much of a moneymaking ripoff immigration is. After four years here, I have to see an immigration-sponsored doctor at $250 a person. For what? Then the lawyer fees (sky-high) and other ripoffs. I'm here legally and can't afford it. God knows that these other people could never afford this immigration. It's a big dirty business!

-Make it fair, make it clear, make it fast

America has been very accomodating to illegal immigrants from many years. Free medical care, open access to the welfare system, food stamps, flashy Ford Explorers they can drive without any of the required documents, is it any wonder these people continue to arrive here in droves everyday? Blame the government and elected officials, blame car salesmen at dealerships who sell cars to people with no driver's license or insurance (which I always thought was illegal).

-CR

We (American taxpayers) have given billions to the 3rd world. Now they have moved here, turned major parts of the US, including NC into 3rd world enclaves. We will either address the problem with forceful corrective measures or we can expect to see the rise of groups like the KKK. No culture has ever committed suicide the way the US seems to be doing in regards to illegal immimgrants. Surely there will be one last struggle for what is right before all is lost.

-Cultural/National Survival is Politically Correct

Is it fair that other people can't and don't get into the USA, but illegals can? I don't have a problem with a managed amount of legal aliens coming into this country. That is our heritage and there are many benefits to that. However, I do feel if you want to come to our country at least have the courtesy to learn our language.....which is not Spanish. It's English!

-Phyllis Lovell

Make employers liable for hiring illegal's (Lets say $10000.00 per hire). Also make it enforceable. Job market tightens up illegals will go home on there on.

-

No one has a clue what various institutions, including healthcare, the courts, the schools and the list seems unending, are forced by the Federal Govt. (and not reimbursed) to spend on providing services in Spanish. And despite what the apologists say, the bottom line is these people are first and foremost criminals - any illegal activity is a criminal activity.

-Harn

I would gladly trade some hard-working illegals for some lazy Americans! However, I don't appreciate the litter of children that end up being born in the U.S. and become everyone elses tax burden.

--we don't appreciate how lucky we are

Too many individuals with cars and no insurance, no driver's license, health clinics overwhelmed, all social service agencies overwhelmed. Taxes increased to handle the increase-however; ones utilizing service not paying taxes because their illegal. Employers hiring cheaper illegal aliens rather than minimum wage and benefits.

-R. Smith

Money, money, money... It seems that currency is all that's important to anybody these days. Once upon a time a man could work hard for (X) amount of years, save up money, take care of his family, and retire at a decent age without the worry of financial strain. Companies today care no more for the working man, the dedicated employee, the trusted co-worker, no... only for the almighty dollar. Greed is the root of all these problems, only greed. This view must change before any other problem.

-Saryn Von Drast

Who would vote positive? Everyday many illegal immigrants enter the U.S. freely and get free ER surgeries and Welfare and jobs wich belong to harder working Americans! This country needs to be tougher on illegal immigrants or else this country will fall apart!

-Monroe is Mexico City!

To Eric; I am a Born Again Christian and this has nothing to do with racism. I'm sure the majority of those like myself who have posted comments would have no problem with these people if they went through the legal process. Illegal means not legal- get it? It is not fair for me to support many who refuse to obey the law! Did you like Parks Helms gouging us again on property taxes? That's just a small part of the price we taxpayers pay to support illegals!

-K. Pavelich

They come here to waste our money! Go home so we can live a good life without these illegals. I'm fine with them if they are legal. Some people need to understand illegal immigration!

-Sick of illegals

Be sure to send your survey to all of our elected officals - local and national. It is about time they started listing to the people that elected them. It seems like America is for everybody except Americans. If I did something wrong I would be punshied not rewarded. Free health care, welfare and who knows what else. I have to pay for all of this and pay taxes. Something is wrong with our leaders.

-Ronnie

The impact is negative. Not because they use welfare, but because they enable employers to hire workers without providing healthcare insurance which results in a higher number of immigrants relying on welfare. Of course those businesses don't have to pay any higher taxes as a result, just increase their profits at the expense of the immigrants and the taxpayers.

-JJC

The government can control illegal immigrants or doesn't want to. I think a lot of our elected officials own companies that employ the use of illegal immigrants, so, of course, they don't want to stop the flow. Our borders are so porous, and lengthy that it would take a monumental effort to stop the flow, for even one day. We just need to make it more enticing for those who come here to want to be a naturalized citizen, instead of prosecuting.

-an american

Let's leave the borderline racism out of this. I believe that if something is illegal then its illegal and our government is stupid for not doing anything about it. If immigrants come here legally I have no problem with that.

-gastoniaman123

I believe if made draftable by the president, most would hightail it home. They would not fight for this country, they have no respect for our people and country. I see this every day and this means all the Latino countries, not just the mexicans, they litter on our grounds, laugh about how stupid Americans are, talk negative about our country all the time,they are terrified of immigration, but not afraid of collecting taxes on some innocent american's S.S. number! I'm engaged to a Costa Rican legal!

Eric - this is the part where religion and politics are separate. We are dealing with a "problem" that seriously impedes the inherent liberties to American citizens: taxpayers, voters, patriots. Please refrain from taking fundamentalist pot-shots at those of us who care about OUR America.

-Concerned Patriot

We can thank the Supreme Court regarding provisions of education and health care; its rulings have shaped the approach Washington politicians now take regarding illegal aliens living in our country. The function of the court is to operate outside the political milieu, to make rulings based on the language of the Constitution and not be swayed by social and political activism, and yet that's what has happened.

-Mike M.

I know! Let's also give them free healthcare because they're here anyway. So what if they're illegal, not paying taxes, and stealing our jobs. Let's also let the Border Patrol fly them home after they get detained illegally crossing the border at our expense. Let's charge them with DWI and driving without a license 15 times just so they won't come to court. Ever try serving an arrest warrant on Jose Sanchez?...Good luck! Wake up America - Home of the Politically Correct!

-BT

Attn: Eric, the last Christian. Why don't you move to Mexico and help them in their own country. God takes care of those who take care of themselves. I don't think he meant sponging of other societys without trying to belong. You're a fool...

-On Shaky Ground in America

The next time you or someone in your family is unfortunate enough to have to go to the Emergency Room of your local hospital, just look around and see for your self how many illegals are there getting their "free treatment" at our expense. Who do you think is really paying for their free treatment? It certainlly won't be free to us tax paying, insurance premium carring folks trying to make a living in the country that we were born in and that some of our family have probably fought for!

-CHRIS V SINK

Take possession of Mexico, and eventually make it a state as we did Alaska and Hawaii. Mexico would have to pay US taxes, and some of us could even move down there owning beach property which has become rare here anymore. The people would then be legal and become tax payers. Their men should serve time in our military and sent to Iraq. We certainly could meet our recruitment goals that way. They might even turn the Muslims there into good Catholics !

-Hey !! It might work. Why not !!

Since our government and businesses are actually encouraging Mexicans to come here illegally, and their own government is unable to make life descent in Mexico, then there is a solution to this and the war in Iraq. The US should take possession of Mexico, and treat them as we did Hawaii and Puerto Rico. Then they could become a state and all could pay US taxes. All men would have to serve 2 years or more in the military and serve a year fighting in Iraq for us. That way they earn their keep.

-If enough Mexican men are sent to Iraq, they would take over there as well.

If the Mexican government is not willing to better their country and improve the lifestyle , then they are the blame for that. They don't seem to mind if half their country comes to the U.S. illegally. Folks wake up will you. If that government and those people are all sending them here, and we let them in, then we are the really stupid ones. Citizens use to have backbone and confront their government. But we are mostly spineless and too busy to bother. We would rather talk about stars.

-Americans brains are becoming

Since our Federal, State, Local governments don't seem to care enough to stop illegals, and in most cases try to encourage their stay here, then there are other answers. A lot of businesses encourage their stay here because the stingy employers won't pay them a decent wage and encourage the illegality of the whole thing. Normal citizens must stand up and raise cane about this, but most will only type something on a poll like this. What about the people you voted into office?

-YELL AT THE PEOPLE YOU VOTED FOR

Eric, you are no smart Christian, as you are just an ignorant gullible fool like alot of stupid Americans. These people and their governments should better their own God given lands. We Americans should help them help themselves do something about their own country. Moving the whole world illegally to this country is stupid and not the Christian way. You are a very stupid person.

-Brighter than you !

A lot of the Mexican and other immigrants that come here are a good people with good morals, good religion, good work ethics and good family values, which a lot of Americans could learn from. But we cannot keep taking in everyone illegally in large masses. Our government should pressure their government(s) to do something to better their own country where they belong. Let them come in legally like the ones in past years had to do. Learn our language and culture, and act like an American.

-We are all letting this happen !!!!

People are upset with this hoard of illegals coming in from Mexico, but most people are too lazy, too busy or too shy to do anything. People these days complain a lot about everything, but they won't raise cane with the people who could do anything about it -- the people they voted for in all branches of government. So if you don't talk to them in an aggressive manner, nothing will ever be done. If I were a poor Mexican, I would come here too if everyone let me get away with it.

-All of you complainers are allowing this to happen.

Before we get too harsh on illegals here, we had better take a look at ourselves, at that lawn care business owner we sit next to in church, and that building contractor we play golf on weekends with. They make one heck of a profit hiring these illegals. They care nothing about Americans without jobs. We need to demand prosecution for hiring illegal aliens and enforce it with stiff legal penalties against those who hire them!

-BOYCOTT BUSINESS WHO HIRE ILLEGALS- I DO!!!

They are willing to work for less, so they take jobs away. Illegals have no right to be here. If they want to come here to make a better life, fine -- our ancestors did so. Do it legally.

-Joel

I agree with the other responses. We are taking back seats to these illegal aliens. Why do our kids have to learn Spanish? This is America. Learn English if you want to live here! If we move to your country, we should learn your language. Get with the program. You pay taxes the same way we do. Also, the crime and murder rate is high. Wonder why?

-One Mad Mawmaw

Read the comments here and then try to convince me that the United States is a Christian country. All of you should be ashamed of yourselves for your racism and ignorance. God certainly is ashamed of you.

-Eric, the last real Christian in America

They don't pay taxes, they aren't responsible and they take from North Carolina.

-Anonymous

This is seriously a question? That's like saying, "Is stealing good for business?" It's enough we have so many Americans that depend on the government for support.

-The Dude

Overall impact would be bad for N.C. Duh! High taxes due to schooling, health care and welfare. Higher police costs due to unemployed illegals, gangs -- see "MS-13." Doesn't "illegal" activity mean "criminal" activity? Or is that only for "legal" residents? Why don't we stop holding their hands and start treating them like the criminals that they are? If we don't close our borders and take a stand now, we're asking for another 9/11.

-DL from Charlotte

Remember back in the '50s and '60s when public service announcements reminded aliens to register? Today, we don't even bother to put them in custody when they are arrested for breaking the law. A country that cannot and will not secure its borders is on a quick path toward destruction.

-Truth Spoken Here

Illegal immigration takes away jobs from those in our state who deserve them but are not hired because immigrants will work cheaper. They do not contribute to our overall economic growth, yet they use federal funding and take it away from those in our state who really need it. Poverty levels in the nation are on the rise because of illegal immigration, and we need to put a stop to it.

-Heather

They are a positive influence on me for sure. I always buy my weed from them now. They are great farmers. Our home grow can't compare.

- Chong

It's true that they do work nobody wants -- and cheaper, too. But what damage are they doing to the American people? They have a baby here and can stay, and they don't pay taxes. Plus they help others come over and stay in a crowded house. We, the people, support their kids going to school with our taxes. We need to send them home, and they can apply to come here just like everyone else.

-Tired of freeloaders

A friend of mine was attacked and nearly killed by some illegals because they don't respect the law or anyone else's rights!

-Craig

Illegal immigrants are ruining our country. We moved here from Massachusetts because our town was overrun with illegals. Our downtown area went from a cute New England Main Street to looking like a Mexico City wasteland in five years. I couldn't even read the signs in my own town because it was in Spainish. This also resulted in a huge challenge for the school district because many children could not speak English. Thankfully, we found Charlotte and moved. Let's protect N.C.!

-Concerned

Yes, illegals do pay taxes when they work. But the problem is that they are taking jobs that other people need.

-!!!!!!!!!!

The first thing they do is have a kid -- courtesy of the local taxpayers. The second thing they do is have another kid. Most of them work, but with all the welfare they require, it is a losing proposition. Add the fact that they have a habit of driving drunk, and it adds up to a bad deal. We have made it too cozy for them here, and we are reaping the results.

-Bill in Charlotte

I think they should not be allowed over here. Send them all back across the border. They are causing a large portion of our problems. After all, who was responsible for 9/11?

-born in North Carolina

Sure, a lot of illegals do work no one else wants to ... but do they pay taxes on money earned? Of course not! That makes it attractive to come here and work. They get their nest egg, enjoy the privileges that come with being in the U.S. and then head back to wherever with a bundle. And our tax dollars are helping them! Something has got to be done to stem the flow of illegals, starting with closing our borders and closing them tight! (A lot of fault lies with the employers who hire them.)

-Hardworking taxpayer
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I just voted:

The poll was:

Positive: 21% - 155

Neutral: 7% - 7

Negative: 72% - 72

I also checked out the Selective Service site and it does require all males including illegal aliens to register?!?!?! I can see why they would demand they register to know who they are and where they are, but surely they do not draft foreign nationals into our military????

Oh, Lordie....

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Hey Brian, thanks for that and Butterbean, I'm sure glad you found this because...you want to know why?

AMERICA GETS IT!!

The Cowboys Are Ready To Ride!!

And, one of the posters asked, "who would vote positive"?

Well there are some groups that benefit from illegal immigration like illegal employers, 501 C 3 organizations paid to bring them in, some service organizations that specialize in the illegal world, and of course.... the "illegals". There are also the "legals" here for a specific purpose and time period on visas that will be required to leave when the visa expires who are then "illegals" looking for amnesty.

There are also Americans who haven't taken the time yet to study and learn and understand what illegal immigration really is and watch the networks and listen to the White House and Greenspan, etc. They will come around as they focus on the issue and learn what we have.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Thanks loads, Butterbean. I just voted and the results are as follows:

Positive
    156 (21%)
    Neutral
    52 (7%)
    Negative
    534 (72%)
    Total Votes: 742
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Quote Originally Posted by JohnB2012
    I found this in the quotes:

They do have to register. Males between 18 - 25. Check out:

http://www.sss.gov/FSwho.htm

It specifically says "illegal aliens".

Additionally, they are supposed to register before they receive NC driver's licenses!! Who checks up on this??

Do you think they would really rigister ? They are here illegally and don't obay any laws to start with.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast