Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Possible scenario for post-coma Dream Act.

We all know that this Nightmare act will return to the senate in a month or so. Now, if I'm guessing correctly, Durbin will bring it back in its last form. That means the 30 year old age limit and the out of state tuition provisions will stay.Therefore, those two provisions has been put on the negotiating table and taking them away would be detrimental to the Dream Act's Senate support. But most important, is the military service provision. The Dream act needs the military provision in order to sell itself as a patriotic bill, but it will become a poison pill for those who oppose the Irak war. I am starting to read on many websites and articles that hispanic leaders are mad that the Dream Act will become a death trap for latinos who will sign up for the military in order to become legal. Now all we need to do is attack it from the left (death trap) and from the right (amnesty).

Re: Possible scenario for post-comma Dream Act.

Quote Originally Posted by LawEnforcer
    We all know that this Nightmare act will return to the senate in a month or so. Now, if I'm guessing correctly, Durbin will bring it back in its last form. That means the 30 year old age limit and the out of state tuition provisions will stay.Therefore, those two provisions has been put on the negotiating table and taking them away would be detrimental to the Dream Act's Senate support. But most important, is the military service provision. The Dream act needs the military provision in order to sell itself as a patriotic bill, but it will become a poison pill for those who oppose the Irak war. I am starting to read on many websites and articles that hispanic leaders are mad that the Dream Act will become a death trap for latinos who will sign up for the military in order to become legal. Now all we need to do is attack it from the left (death trap) and from the right (amnesty).
    You have penetrated the conumdrum where few have entered because few have known. Nice analysis. And that scenario should be worked. Not only that, we need to get the word out to all patriotic Americans about Dick Durbin's ploy to get amnesty for illegals by recruiting them for the military. In fact, I worked this hard and sent out the following flyers to the national VFW and Americal Legions. I'd like help from other ALIPAC'ers to get it in the hands of local Legions and VFW's in as many states as we can, when the time becomes right again:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The DREAM Act will put illegal aliens into the U.S. Military

Do not let Illinois Senator Dick Durbin rewrite military recruitment law with the DREAM Act!

Do not let Dick Durbin conduct a grand social experiment in illegal alien servitude in the U.S. military.

Illegal aliens have never been allowed to serve in the U.S. Armed Forces. Now, Dick Durbin wants to rewrite the law. It is absolutely unacceptable to promote, much less actively recruit and accept illegal aliens into the military. The dangle of a permanent green card offered by Durbin is what the attraction is, not servitude for patriotism and love of America. How willing will these illegals be to continue their military service after 2 years when they receive their green cards?

Do you want your sons and daughters serving alongside illegal aliens bideing their time in the military until they receive their green cards.

The application process for this amnesty is ripe with fraud. It is well known that gang leaders encourage their "soldiers" to attempt entry into the U.S. military in order to receive training in weapons and military techniques. The DREAM Act will make this an open invitation.

Furthermore, there is no requirement that the illegals be able to speak English. This would cause huge training and communication issues. If Dick Durbin really feels that this is a non issue in that the illegals would already be "English capable", then why isn't the requirement written into the DREAM Act?

Open borders and amnesty loving Senators and Congressmen have already allowed destruction to the social, cultural and economic systems in our country. God forbid they do the same to the U.S. military!

There are many reasons to stop this bad legislation. The military service option is just one of the many problems with this ploy for amnesty.

The DREAM Act is up for vote in the U.S. Senate this week. We must stop this right now before it is too late. Contact your senators today and tell them you are against the DREAM Act.

Senator ___________: (xxx) xxx-xxxx

Senator ___________: (xxx) xxx-xxxx
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Do you have the links to the websites about the hispanics leaders being mad and saying that about the death trap? I need links to send to my group.

quote="LawEnforcer"]We all know that this Nightmare act will return to the senate in a month or so. Now, if I'm guessing correctly, Durbin will bring it back in its last form. That means the 30 year old age limit and the out of state tuition provisions will stay.Therefore, those two provisions has been put on the negotiating table and taking them away would be detrimental to the Dream Act's Senate support. But most important, is the military service provision. The Dream act needs the military provision in order to sell itself as a patriotic bill, but it will become a poison pill for those who oppose the Irak war. I am starting to read on many websites and articles that hispanic leaders are mad that the Dream Act will become a death trap for latinos who will sign up for the military in order to become legal. Now all we need to do is attack it from the left (death trap) and from the right (amnesty).[/quote]
    We the People. You the Invader

Dont be so certain they will bring it back this year. They could have been just trying to save face. Ive seen politicians say they will bring things back and never do it after such a loss.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

That's my feeling too. I think a couple interest groups had Durbin's ear and managed to get him to promise to try to slip the DA into <some bill> before the end of the year. So, he felt he (and Reid probably) had to at least formally introduce it, and see what happened - just testing the water - so to speak. I think that after a lot of background bickering and the stark realization that he would be about as popular as a well-dressed photographer on a nude beach... he just said "hey, it isn't going to happen". The other senators I'm sure told him - 'hey, don't you remember what happened a couple of months ago ???" (IMHO)

Of course, we've been in this tug-of-war for a while and realize that some in the opposition just can't take "NO" for an answer. It's best to have the next plan in place to deal with it the next time... just in case.

Do you have the links to the websites about the hispanics leaders being mad and saying that about the death trap? I need links to send to my group.

http://aztecapp.netrootz.com/web_pages/ ... 4&page=277

Simply put, the DREAM Act proposes two years of college as a pathway to permanent residency but it also includes a second option linked to the so-called war on terror-"two years of military service." Our young people may not see that this is a covert draft in which thousands of youth from Latino families will be sent to Iraq or some other war torn nation where they will have to surrender their moral values and become a war criminal or perhaps return home in black bags on their way to a tomb drenched with their parents' tears.
    How many of our youth can afford college? How many will be able to take the educational option? Unfortunately very few because the existing system locks out the children of working families with high tuition and inflated admissions criteria. Most will be forced to take the military option to get their green card. But what good is a green card to a dead person? What good is a green card to a young person severely wounded in mind and body?
    I ask our undocumented youth to read the following passages regarding the plans of the Pentagon and the Bush administration:
    In his testimony before the Senate Armed Services Committee on July 10, 2006, Under Secretary of Defense David Chu said: "According to an April 2006 study from the National Immigration Law Center, there are an estimated 50,000 to 65,000 undocumented alien young adults who entered the U.S. at an early age and graduate from high school each year, many of whom are bright, energetic and potentially interested in military service...Provisions of S. 2611, such ! as the DREAM Act, would provide these young people the opportunity of serving the United States in uniform."
    More recently, Lt. Col. Margaret Stock of the U.S. Army Reserve and a faculty member at West Point told a reporter that the DREAM Act could help recruiters meet their goals by providing a "highly qualified cohort of young people" without the unknown personal details that would accompany foreign recruits. "They are already going to come vetted by Homeland Security. They will already have graduated from high school," she said. "They are prime candidates."
    (Citations from research by Prof. Jorge Mariscal, UC San Diego)
    As you can see, our undocumented youth are being targeted by military recruiters. And equally important is something that few people have mentioned-there is no such thing as a two year military contract. Every enlistment is a total of eight years.
    Given these facts, I invite all young people who are filled with hope and dreams and energy to fight for human rights and for a fair pathway to legalization. But they must also demand that the military option of the DREAM Act be replaced by a community service option (as appeared in earlier drafts of the legislation) so that community service or college become the two pathways to permanent residency. Only then will they avoid becoming victimized by a criminal war as my son Jesús Alberto did when he died on March 27, 2003 after stepping on an illegal U.S. cluster bomb. Through education or community service our undocumented youth can contribute to their communities and their future will be filled with peace and justice.
    Fernando Suarez del Solar
    Proyecto Guerrero Azteca por la Paz
    www.guerreroazteca.org
    fernando@guerreroazteca.org
    858-774-0172

It seems that these amnesty bills never quite die, they just rest for awhile so we absolutely should prepare for the DA resurfacing and take proactive steps now. And there are many practical and logical reasons to oppose it (potential for fraud etc.), but the principled stand that it amounts to amnesty with chain migration is, IMO, the most easily conveyed message.

It will come back just as soon as the borg figure out how to give it election year political capitol. That's really their last resort. I have been spending a good deal of time researching how the funding really works for this movement and I have to say that I have been shocked at how big they have become underneath everyones noses. The infrastructure is so elaborate they are able to utilize many different mechanisms to get their agenda forward. We are simply seeing the weasel pop its head out of the hole, but not where it goes and what it does in its shelter. I am afraid that we have just begun to tap into their underground network. No wonder the grass has been dying? And we thought the ground just needed fertilizer.

WHETHER IT COMES BACK OR NOT, WE HAVE TO BE PREPARED FOR IT. WE SHOULD PREPARE FOR IT AS THOUGH IT WILL DEFINITELY COME BACK. THEN THAT WAY WE CAN BE READY TO SPRING INTO ACTION AT A MOMENT'S NOTICE. YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT ELSE MIGHT BE GOING ON AT THE TIME TOO. SO IT IS BETTER TO HAVE ALL OF OUR DUCKIES IN A ROW .....READY AND WAITING. THEY ARE SNEAKY DONT FORGET.

Oh, please -- can you imagine if we would allow illegals into the military and they did start getting killed? The sense of entitlement from these people would be mind boggling. And they would not have sacrified for love of country .. it would have been for love of the green card.

We would "owe" them, big time -- the rhetoric would be thick ...we sacrificed their sons and daughters, etc, etc. I don't even WANT to hear it. I just want them OUT. As a military spouse, I do not want to be sitting alongside these people and all their relatives in my health clinics and on the posts.

If they want to serve, become citizens, learn some American history, take the ASVAB and make sure you're FIT to serve. It doesn't come easy, sorry. Many Americans don't have what it takes to enlist in the U.S. military either. What makes us think this bunch of yahoos is going to be fit to serve as well?