Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Priest:labels such as 'illegal' can be replaced by'neighbor'

WACKO ALERT!!! Get ready for a good laugh:

Immigration: near neighbors and far neighbors
    State and local authorities are responding with a crazy-quilt of laws and ordinances to address the Federal government's failure to pass immigration reform. But for the faith community, labels such as "illegal" can be replaced by "neighbor."
    Tuesday, February 19, 2008By John S. Rausch

Because last year Congress failed to pass comprehensive immigration reform, 2008 began with a patch quilt of state laws and local ordinances that reflect a national confusion about dealing with immigration. On the one hand, Lake Havasu, Arizona, like a number of other cities, struck an agreement with federal agents to train local police to interrogate and detain all undocumented immigrants for deportation.

Conversely, Detroit with its anti-profiling ordinance prohibited police from questioning people about their immigration status. These contrasting examples, together with the nearly 250 immigration laws passed in forty-six states last year, highlight the nation’s perplexity over a unified policy for undocumented immigrants.

Approximately 12 million undocumented immigrants reside in the United States, and many live in stable families that include legal residents as well as native-born and naturalized citizens plus their children who were born citizens. Polls confirm by a margin of 58 to 35 that Americans support “a program giving illegal immigrants now living in the United States the right to live here legally if they pay a fine and meet other requirements.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

These religious organizations are really getting on my nerves with their pro-illegal rants.

Quote Originally Posted by CindyB
    These religious organizations are really getting on my nerves with their pro-illegal rants.
    i so agree! they need to pay taxes, so they can feel our pain.

As a practicing Catholic, I totally disagree with replacing neighbor for illegal. Of course, our new Cardinal in Houston is all for protecting the illegal alien. This has caused a great deal of heartfelt thoughts. My religious beliefs will always be Catholic but I cannot agree with the 'powers' of the church.
    But please know that all Catholics are not 'wacko.' People can be patriots and Catholic at the same time. Remember 'One nation under God.' Unfortunately some priests forget they too are human. They may take their vow to our Lord but they are not our Lord. The sad thing is that no one ever talks about the really, really good priests and there are so many of them.
    I apologize if I offended anyone and if you need to delete my reply, that is ok. I just wanted to make sure that people know not all Catholics feel the same as this priest.
    To stand in silence when they should be protesting makes cowards out of men. Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by CindyB
    They are preaching the Marxist 'brotherhood of man' doctrine. They do not recognize borders in their universalistic ranting.
    [b] If we do not insist on Voter ID, how can we stop illegals from voting?

I've had a few neighbors who were also called smugglers by the law, they are now in jail.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What will they dream up next?

>>>>>>>>>>>"RED ALERT"<<<<<<<<<<<<
    Utah HB 81...Need calls now!!
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-104592.html
    Utah "HB239" and Indiana" SB335".... Call, e-mail campaign!!
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopic-103479-days ... asc-0.html
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

THE GOOD LEFTY REVEREND

"Reverend John S. Rausch is a priest in the Glenmary order and director of the Office of Peace and Justice for the Diocese of Lexington, KY. He is a syndicated columnist whose articles are published in diocesan newspapers throughout the United States."

The below link will display a list of monthly articles that he writes for the diocesan newspaper. Reading through some of his writings one might believe he is a "lefty" and he also admires Michael Moore! That should show you all you need to know about the Good Lefty Reverend!

http://www.ccky.org/rausch.htm

My mother who lives in Gettysburg,PA belongs to catholic church who get illegals to come there to fill pews and donations.Meanwhile this church helps them get free medical care,gov housing,fuel oil,food stamps on your tax dime.

Already U.S. and Canadian agribusiness corporations with their subsidized crops have underpriced local markets forcing 2 million Mexican peasant farmers off their land.
    I really can't cry for them. They freaking did this to US Farmers back in the 80's... Farm Aid.

My neighbors can stay in their house and I will stay in mine. Go home neighbor, quit barrowing my tools, eating my food, drinking my beer, watching my TV, letting your dog crap on my lawn, turn the music down so I can't hear it, quit looking at my family members that way...

Dixie

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast