Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Priest will fight for immigrants

Priest will fight for immigrants
    By Carla Hinton
    Religion Editor
    The Rev. Anthony Taylor said he has followed his higher calling to help the oppressed and marginalized.

In Oklahoma, that has meant signing a letter vowing to resist Oklahoma's tough immigration reform law. It has meant being on the front lines combating gang violence in the community surrounding his south Oklahoma City Catholic church. It has meant partnering with local schools on behalf of Hispanic immigrant children. It has meant leading the way for Spanish-language Masses.

Taylor said Friday his advocacy role won't change when he becomes bishop of the Diocese of Little Rock, Ark., on June 5

"I'll continue to preach the Gospel there just as here,â€

Can his Church lose tax exempt status?????????
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm glad I became anathemitized long before all this stuff started.

What REALLY needs to be done is to HOLD FOREIGN RULERS ACCOUNTABLE for THEIR people's mass misery! Illegal aliens are NOT marginalized because of wrongdoing by OTHERS, illegal aliens marginalize THEMSELVES by their CRIMINAL MISCONDUCT! This bishop and his EVERY other LIKE-minded colleage should be DEPORTED ALONG with the ILLEGALS they so mindlessly fawn over!

I agree there should be a push to revoke tax exemption for churches who participate in politics. I am tired of religious systems being utilized as backdoor political tools.

The irritating thing is that this Rev. never showed such concerns for the poor and sick and troubled before this issue. Now he feels he can achieve martyrdom this easily? I see him as one of the preists during the great plague who wandered around the countryside selling redemption from the plague to affected peasants.

I agree there should be a push to revoke tax exemption for churches who participate in politics. I am tired of religious systems being utilized as backdoor political tools.
    IRS Form 13909, friends.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Taylor said he learned Pope Benedict XVI had appointed him Arkansas bishop in mid-March
    Even in the church it is all about politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Captainron
    IRS Form 13909, friends.
    Good call.

Here is the link for that form:
    http://www.irs.gov/irs/article/0,,id=178241,00.html

And an excerpt from a description:
    [quote]IRS Complaint Process For Tax Exempt Organizations

FS-2008-13, February 2008

The Internal Revenue Service gives serious consideration to complaints made alleging the abuse of the tax exempt status granted to certain organizations.

When reviewing filed complaints, the IRS carefully follows special procedures designed to assure the public of the IRS’s objectivity in the treatment of tax-exempt organizations. These procedures ensure that the IRS operates in an unbiased and appropriate manner and that its compliance programs are not improperly influenced by outside intervention.

The responsibility for administering these procedures belongs to the Exempt Organizations (EO) function, which is part of the IRS’s Tax Exempt and Government Entities Operating Division.

Complaints (Referrals)

A complaint (also called a referral) is any communication alleging that a tax-exempt organization is in potential noncompliance with the tax law. EO receives complaints from the general public, members of Congress, federal and state government agencies, as well as from other parts of the IRS.

Filing a Complaint

A referral of an exempt organization may be made by submitting Form 13909, Tax-Exempt Organization Complaint (Referral) Form, downloadable from IRS.gov.

Form 13909 and any supporting documentation may be submitted in a variety of ways. They can be sent via:

* Mail to IRS EO Classification, Mail Code 4910DAL, 1100 Commerce St., Dallas, TX 75242-1198,
    * Fax to 214-413-5415, or
    * Email to eoclass@irs.gov.

Submission of Form 13909 is voluntary.

Acknowledgement and Disclosure Prohibition

All referrals are sent to analysts at the EO Classifications Office in Dallas. After a referral is made, the IRS will send an acknowledgement letter to all non-IRS sources making a referral, unless it was made anonymously.

Section 6103 of the Internal Revenue Code prohibits the IRS from disclosing whether it has initiated an examination or the results of any examination. Therefore, the IRS cannot communicate with the original source of a referral beyond the acknowledgement letter.

The Review Process

Upon receipt, research is done to confirm the identity of the organization in question and once this is complete, information is entered into a database to help the IRS keep track of the progress of the review.

An experienced EO revenue agent then performs a thorough technical analysis of the allegation made on the referral. The agent uses a “reasonable beliefâ€

I believe this can take a lot of prodding since many people DO use form 13909 just for revenge. It would be helpful to have more than one complaint for any one specific church or facility. We just don't know what a government office might balk at in discharging their duty.

Partisan activity is probably most typical but one can see on the form there are other categories for raising the issue. Make sure everything you state is a known fact.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is the Catholic Church that has spent millions on the abuse cases. Bishops who should be in jail who knew of these abuses and did not inform law enforcement.

Yahoo ran an article on how more and more Catholic schools are closing.

I had to listen to some priest at my church scold us for "not accepting the illegals..." into the community.

Sanctuary came about because religous missionaries, including Catholics, went to Central America in the 1980's and came back with their anti Reagan bias and set up sanctuary. I was there with some of these types.

They don't care about we citizen Catholics so I left. I saw too much over the last twenty yearsand YES when I approached the church for HELP I was ignored or dismissed.

The Catholic church is a business. They want you to give until it bloody well hurts but if you ask of them they ignore you or kind of blow you off. Or at least us. Then they cater to the illegals through Catholic charities etc.

BTW your donation to groups like Catholic charities keeps a director there in a $100,000 plus position. Catholic Relief Services? Over $200,000 but again you ask of them and, well, in our case, they blow you off.

So, I should go to mass and give to them no questions asked but if I ask of them I get ignored? I will not disclose what our requests were but if they can give the head of CRS over $200,000 a year they couuld attend to our needs but again, they are a business. They get so used to asking for donations that it becomes their nature.

During mass and after mass and by mail and in the newspapers and this "special appeal" and that "special appeal". It nevver stops!

Millions spent to hide abuse cases while Catholic schools close and then this catering to illegals.

Don''t get angry as I was...just ignore them and give them nothing!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast