Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Pro-Amnesty lobby: CIR How we will make it happen

[quote]I just got back from a great panel discussion at the Center for American Progress (CAP) about getting immigration reform done in 2010. The discussion, which happened in front of a packed house at CAP, discussed the prospects for reform this year both from a political and a policy perspective.

The panelists were Nico Pitney, National Editor of Huffington Post; Markos Moulitsas Zúñiga , Founder and Editor of Daily Kos; MarÃ*a Elena Durazo, Executive Secretary-Treasurer, Los Angeles County Federation of Labor, AFL-CIO; and Andrea Nill, Immigration Blogger and Researcher, Think Progress.

While Representative Luis Gutierrez was slated to come, he got held up in a vote and was unable to make it. (I know, a lawmaker that is actually legislating – gasp!).

Faiz Shakir, Editor-in-Chief of Think Progress kicked things off, by introducing the panel and asking the first in a series of questions to help shape the discussion.

Each panelist had a unique perspective on why passing immigration reform in 2010 is possible.

Markos Moulitsas drove home the electoral politics of the issue, noting that unlike other issues (ie: health care), immigration reform was never going to be a straight partisan vote.

“If this was just about having 60 votes in the Senate, we wouldn’t be having this conversation.â€

Andrea Nill went on to note that passing immigration reform would not only create 700,00 jobs, but would also bring $1.5 trillion in additional Gross Domestic Product over the next 10 years.
    Really? Back it up sister! Show me the proof.

NO CIR, NO AMNESTY! NEVER AGAIN!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Quote:
    “The Latino vote has been the difference in many elections in the last several cycles."

Liberals and open borders activists keep repeating this mantra although the truth is that registered "Latino" voters in the United States historically vote in very low numbers compared with other groups.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[quote]“They frame themselves as only against “illegalâ€

Note, they rely on the bogus push poll commissioned by the misnamed America's Voice.

Migulena-Didn't you know that it's going to take 700,00 workers in order to process the new workers and get them their welfare bennies that they will demand? (Yes my sarcasm is on) When you think about it 700,00 is kinda a weird number isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mayday
    Migulena-Didn't you know that it's going to take 700,00 workers in order to process the new workers and get them their welfare bennies that they will demand? (Yes my sarcasm is on) When you think about it 700,00 is kinda a weird number isn't it?
    Any number pulled out of their anal regions would be weird.
    "

miguelina wrote: "Any number pulled out of their anal regions would be weird."

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! You just tickle me!!! Thank you for the laugh, today!

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    Andrea Nill went on to note that passing immigration reform would not only create 700,00 jobs, but would also bring $1.5 trillion in additional Gross Domestic Product over the next 10 years.
    Really? Back it up sister! Show me the proof.
    Sure it would create 700,000 jobs by driving down wages for all Americans, thus some jobs that have gone to cheap labor overseas would come back. That $1.5 trillion is the extra profit for Wall Street and CEOs due to the lower wages. Also they don't mention that millions more workers would pour in, so even if it created jobs the unemployment rate would rise!!