Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Pro-Illegals plan meeting in NY against raids.

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 10:12 PM, Lucy H <lucyh1234@yahoo. com> wrote:

Hello All,

As people may know, a horrible raid/arrest happened in Queens against day laborers a few days ago (see article below). While we are still sorting out some of the facts and details of the incident, what we do know, reported by Alberto (day laborer, organizer and member of this committee) is that a few days ago the police arrested 10 day laborers who were waiting on 37th Ave. and 69th Street. According to Alberto, the police and/or ICE came to the corner and asked the workers to disperse. There were 10 people who for some reason were arrested as a result of this police action. We also have heard that the workers have been released (article also attached below) on a 6 month probation or something of that sort. While this is good news, it seems clear that the police were intimidating and harassing the workers who are seeking work at this corner. Another thing that Alberto reported is that the corner itself is becoming increasingly more busy as other workers are having a tougher time finding work in other sectors due to the economic crisis.

The No Raids Committee of Queens is planning an organizing meeting so we can discuss the proper response that the committee should take..

We would like to meet at 2:30 to start the discussion at 3pm.

We are looking into reserving the Diversity Center (76-11 37th Ave.); although the space is not confirmed.

PLEASE COME WITH ALL IDEAS, THOUGHTS AND QUESTIONS and feel free to invite neighbors, co-worker, friends...etc.

Thank you,
    Ariella
    No Raids Committee of Queens

Original Article in NY Times reporting the arrests
    http://www.nytimes. com/2008/ 10/22/nyregion/ 22laborers. html?ref= nyregion

Article that talks about how they were released
    http://www.nytimes. com/2008/ 10/23/nyregion/ 23laborers. html

This is the kind of stuff that really infuriates me. This has gotten completely out of hand in our country where these people actually think they have some sort of RIGHT to protest against the U.S. when we enforce our OWN LAWS!!! These groups need to be shut down. How have they gotten so much power in this country. We now have an enormous amount of these whiners who have been allowed to get away with this and now they are spoiled rotten and think they have a right to their idiotic protests. That is BULL

TexasRoadRunner, I share your sentiments. I think that we have lost our senses. Some groups think the rule of law don't apply to them! It's time we stop this PC crap, totally ignore the sob stories constantly driveled out by the open borders groups and stand up for law and the American people for a change!!!! Grrrrrrrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRoadRunner
    This is the kind of stuff that really infuriates me. This has gotten completely out of hand in our country where these people actually think they have some sort of RIGHT to protest against the U.S. when we enforce our OWN LAWS!!! These groups need to be shut down. How have they gotten so much power in this country. We now have an enormous amount of these whiners who have been allowed to get away with this and now they are spoiled rotten and think they have a right to their idiotic protests. That is BULL
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

So is it possible to have a few ICE agents attend that committee meeting? I imagine a few illegals would be in attendance, and harboring criminals is a punishable offense for the organizers to face.
    "We have decided man doesn't need a backbone any more; to have one is old-fashioned. Someday we're going to slip it back on." - William Faulkner

Meeting on what date?

I'm forwarding this to the president of NY ICE.

Thanks for posting it here.
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake