Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Proctor an Gamble Sponsors LULAC Convention

LULAC Convention & Expo will bring in over 20,000 Attendees to Cincinnati
    P&G Announces Title Sponsorship

Cincinnati, OH —June 9, 2011—Procter & Gamble (P&G) announced the Title Sponsorship of the 82nd League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) Annual National Convention and Expo which is being held in Cincinnati, Ohio, home to P&G headquarters, from June 27 – July 2, 2011. LULAC is the largest and oldest Hispanic organization gather to address critical issues impacting our community and our country.

This year, the Convention theme is Bridging the Gap: Expanding the Latino Agenda Into New Frontiers and is expected to bring 20,000 visitors to the Duke Energy Convention Center.
    According to the latest Census figures, the Greater Cincinnati metropolitan area is home to 125,000 Latinos and is one of the fastest-growing Hispanic communities in the nation. In Cincinnati proper, the Census estimates the Hispanic population to have doubled over the last 10 years. This emerging Latino community is re-defining the social, demographic and cultural landscape of Cincinnati and it creates the ideal context for the LULAC National Convention to open dialogue and forge partnerships.

I did not post the entire thing and before you jump on me , I IN NO WAY SUPPORT LULAC. I subscribe to many of these organizations mailing lists Simply so I can Know what they are up to. That old saying " Keep your friends close and your enemies closer," applies here and is the reason I watch them. The wording that struck me the most is the ,".... Latino community is redefining the social demographic and cultural landscape of Cincinnati." It seems they certainly are trying to " redefine Cincinnati as well as the rest of the country to suit their own needs. What is so special about Proctor and Gambles need to connect with the Latinos community? Do they use a special kind of soap only made for Latinos, do they have a product line that only Latinos use and they are trying to get the word out? The answer is no. It is purely a marketing ploy to garner Latino customers by supporting a group that endorses legislation and agenda that would be harmful to the country overall. Proctor and Gamble should not endorse political ideology, political parties, or ethnic advocacy groups . This favoritism shown by Proctor and Gamble of one group of consumers over another is not a good business practice. Particularly when it comes to a particular racial or ethnic segment of their customer base. If they want to advertise on TV , Radio, In Print or Online that is fine. But hosting and endorsing a racially motivated Political Action Committee is not the way to go. I am writing to Proctor and Gamble and telling them so. Would they equally support A organization advocating White empowerment?

Expanding Latino "agenda"? It this the new codeword term for "we are special and our illegal amigos need to be treated special also"?