Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The prophet of the LDS church has just passed away.

He was a wonderful man.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

Was this unexpected Paige or had he been ill? I will remember his family in prayer.

Ephesians 4:32
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

He was 97 and they are saying it was due to age. But nobody knew he was ill.
    -- John Wayne</div>

97 - That is a very long life. Thank you Paige.

Ephesians 4:32
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

xyz
    Paige
    It was a long and profitable life..but still a loss..

Quote Originally Posted by Paige
    He was 97 and they are saying it was due to age. But nobody knew he was ill.

I am not of the faith but do seem to recall that the Prophet was considerably up there in years. He may very well not have been ill Paige.....it's not unusual for the very old to simply pass away from old age itself.

He certainly did live a long life, didn't he?

My condolences........

He did have a long life. He was such a kind man. Even though there are many of us here in Utah that are not of his faith, we are sad.
    -- John Wayne</div>

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    I too am not Mormon, however, this age group, quickly disappearing, is one who had/have a lot to teach the rest of is. They have seen a lot of changes, good and bad, and they were fortunate to live in times where government could actualy be trusted, a man's handshake in a business deal meant something, and if a person came here across our borders to work, they went home honestly.

People in this group also valued their country, and patriotism, and had respect for others. We are losing all of this, as quickly as we are losing our "senior" patriots in this country.

I am sad for one of those in that generation to have left us.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth
    I too am not Mormon, however, this age group, quickly disappearing, is one who had/have a lot to teach the rest of is. They have seen a lot of changes, good and bad, and they were fortunate to live in times where government could actualy be trusted, a man's handshake in a business deal meant something, and if a person came here across our borders to work, they went home honestly.

People in this group also valued their country, and patriotism, and had respect for others. We are losing all of this, as quickly as we are losing our "senior" patriots in this country.

I am sad for one of those in that generation to have left us.
    Amen!!