Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Protesters Attack Trump Supporters in San Jose; Mayor Blames Trump!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Protesters Attack Trump Supporters in San Jose; Mayor Blames Trump!

by JOEL B. POLLAK
    2 Jun 2016
    2419 comments

SAN JOSE — Anti-Trump protesters attacked Donald Trump supporters as they emerged from a rally at the San Jose Convention Center on Thursday evening.

One man was punched to the ground; another was bloodied; and a woman was pelted with eggs and bottles.

(video can be viewed at the source link)
    M. Scott Mahaskey ✔ @smahaskey
    Raw video: Punches thrown in clashes following @realDonaldTrump rally in San Jose.
    8:19 PM - 2 Jun 2016

(video can be viewed at the source link)Sara Murray ✔ @SaraMurray
    Protesters cornering Trump supporters as they leave. This woman taunted them. They cornered her & threw eggs at her
    7:32 PM - 2 Jun 2016

Tim Pool ✔ @Timcast
    NOW: #Trump supporter attacked and left bleeding in San Jose
    7:41 PM - 2 Jun 2016 · San Jose, CA, United States

Tom Llamas ✔ @TomLlamasABC
    Our video of Trump supporter who says he was beaten up coming out of @realDonaldTrump rally.
    8:23 PM - 2 Jun 2016

Update: San Jose’s mayor, Sam Liccardo, who is a Democrat and a Hillary Clinton supporter, told the Associated Press that Donald Trump was to blame for the violence (emphasis added):

“Our police officers have done an extremely courageous and professional job so far,” San Jose Mayor Sam Liccardo told The Associated Press by phone. “We’re all still holding our breath to see the outcome of this dangerous and explosive situation.”

The mayor, a Democrat and Hillary Clinton supporter, criticized Trump for coming to cities and igniting problems that local police departments had to deal with.

“At some point Donald Trump needs to take responsibility for the irresponsible behavior of his campaign,” Liccardo said.

Breitbart News was on the scene early, and was threatened by protesters as they destroyed an American flag.

Several journalists and Trump supporters complained that police did little to stop the violence. However, after the first few incidents, they moved protesters a block away in all directions.

Breitbart News witnessed several Trump supporters thanking the police as they left the venue. One shouted: “Police lives matter!” An officer responded: “Thank you.”

Both Hillary Clinton’s campaign and Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) condemned the violence against Trump supporters:

John Podesta ✔ @johnpodesta
    Violence against supporters of any candidate has no place in this election.
    https://twitter.com/NBCNightlyNews/s...67898965233664
    8:15 PM - 2 Jun 2016

mike casca ✔ @cascamike
    we cannot stop trump's violent rhetoric with violence – only peaceful protest in a voting booth can do that. https://twitter.com/nbcnightlynews/s...67898965233664
    8:22 PM - 2 Jun 2016

After the fighting settled, Breitbart News witnessed some peaceful — albeit tense — debates between Trump supporters and opponents in the streets around the convention center:

There was no apparent condemnation of the flag-burning, nor of anti-Trump protesters’ repeated practice of bringing the Mexican flag to demonstrations about an American election.

http://www.breitbart.com/california/...mp-supporters/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The mayor, a Democrat and Hillary Clinton supporter, criticized Trump for coming to cities and igniting problems that local police departments had to deal with.

“At some point Donald Trump needs to take responsibility for the irresponsible behavior of his campaign,” Liccardo said.
    Is he for real? Someone has it backwards imo.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Female Trump Supporter Hit With Eggs, Bottles as California Protest Turns Violent — See What Was Caught on Video

Jun. 3, 2016 12:14am Jon Street

SAN JOSE, Calif. (TheBlaze/AP) — A few hundred protesters are blocking traffic and some are scuffling with supporters of Donald Trump after the presidential candidate’s rally in San Jose, California.

Police were keeping their distance and not getting involved with the protesters marching in the streets outside of San Jose Convention Center on Thursday night.

One woman, a Trump supporter, was surrounded by protesters who allegedly threw eggs and bottles at her head, BuzzFeed reported.

NBC News correspondent Jacob Rascon reported that the woman was “taunted by protesters right before they” attacked her.

Video showed another Trump supporter being struck in the head from behind as he was leaving the rally.

“I was walking out with my Trump sign and he grabbed my Trump sign and he started following me. He said I was like a racist and stuff,” the man later said.

He added: “I was walking away and he was like ‘get out of here.’ And I’m like, ‘I’m walking away.’”

About a dozen fights broke out amid the crowd.

Some protesters grabbed Trump hats and tried to burn them. Others were banging on the cars of supporters trying to leave the rally.

Police declared the gathering an unlawful assembly about 30 minutes after the rally ended, but had yet to make any arrests.

Female Trump Supporter Hit With Eggs, Bottles as California Protest Turns Violent — See What Was Caught on Video

you don't like our country go back home trump is going to get our country back it our country
    you all want a free bee well that over with . would you do this is your country I don't think
    I say your mayor should be in jail with you . trump
    is doing this for us & our vets
    Good luck trump
    I will say another thing trump will not back down for any one he want this country back
    & im with him