Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Question on anchor babies drawing bennys

Just thought of this and I don't have the answer

We know that lots of woman come here as "tourists" to drop their anchor babies , Some of them go back home after having the kid

My question is this

The kid is an American citizen , If she takes the kid home we know she can still use them in the future to get back into the country

But can they access American welfare , etc bennys for the kid , even if they are not in this country? The kid is an American citizen (for now)

The kid is not an American citizen, and it would behoove us all to stop enabling the misinterpretation of the 14th Amendment.
    <div>
    </div>

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by melena29
    The kid is not an American citizen, and it would behoove us all to stop enabling the misinterpretation of the 14th Amendment.
    Oh, I totally agree with you , but until we do get it changed the kid is a citizen

The question is can they access bennys from out of the country?

Good question, I wish I had an answer for you. Let me know if you get one, OK?

The absurdity of this anchor baby crap gets me so riled up my eyes cross.
    <div>
    </div>

Yes they can get benefits.

Sure, they just use another illegal aliens address. All they have to do is come back once a year and fill out the paperwork. No-one goes out to see if you live where you say you live. They could not do this with food stamps on the card as they would have to come back across the border to purchase food, but maybe they are doing that to. All you need with the welfare debit card is a pin number and anyone can get the cash off the card at any ATM that takes the card. Both food stamps and cash are on the card, but they are seperated. This probably accounts for some of the billions and billions they keep sending home. This country has become a joke to other nations.

Quote Originally Posted by melena29

Can I make that all in capitals?????? No question from this poster!!!! It is fraud as far as I am concerned.

Kathyet

I know a Mexican citizen in Juarez who dropped an anchor baby in El Paso last year. The employees of the local county hospital actually SCHOOLED her in the art of how to go about giving birth in the US and what to do after. The first thing she did was apply for dual citizenship for her baby and get this....she wanted to use OUR address as her mailing address. I said absolutely not and haven't had contact with her ever since and don't intend to. She ended up staying in El Paso for two weeks prior to the birth by staying with a friend of hers, another illegal who has been here for years, has been deported five times but obviously has been extremely successful in returning to his illegal residence. From what I know, the woman was successful right off the bat in applying for and receiving WIC. And, I'm assuming that the reason she was successful is because the local government benefit offices are actually operated by other illegals who managed to score government jobs in a country not their own. This woman is a double dipper as well because she was also able to score benefits through her primary Mexico based maquiladora job.

Quote Originally Posted by elpasoborn
    I know a Mexican citizen in Juarez who dropped an anchor baby in El Paso last year. The employees of the local county hospital actually SCHOOLED her in the art of how to go about giving birth in the US and what to do after. The first thing she did was apply for dual citizenship for her baby and get this....she wanted to use OUR address as her mailing address. I said absolutely not and haven't had contact with her ever since and don't intend to. She ended up staying in El Paso for two weeks prior to the birth by staying with a friend of hers, another illegal who has been here for years, has been deported five times but obviously has been extremely successful in returning to his illegal residence. From what I know, the woman was successful right off the bat in applying for and receiving WIC. And, I'm assuming that the reason she was successful is because the local government benefit offices are actually operated by other illegals who managed to score government jobs in a country not their own. This woman is a double dipper as well because she was also able to score benefits through her primary Mexico based maquiladora job.
    Ditto EPB! I think you hit the nail on the head here. I have long suspected the same thing here in California, where many of these county and state jobs might be going to illegal’s and their anchor babies, who are obviously sympathetic and all too willing to lend a hand to these illegal invader criminals scamming our system.

Far too many of these county and state jobs REQUIRE you be able to speak spanish in order to even apply. So if one has to speak spanish in order to do their job, one has to wonder who they are actually going to be serving while performing their job. Why is someone who does not speak English showing up at a county or state office looking for benefits?

We are bending over backwards in order to accommodate these invaders in an effort to assist them in perpetrating this fraud! It makes me sick to my stomach to even think about!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

http://www.answermefast.com/How_much_mo ... 20724.html
    'Border Baby' boom strains S. Texas more illegal immigrants are pouring into the state to give birth
    by james pinkerton copyright 2006 houston chronicle rio grande city

— first it was a trickle, now it's a flood. rising numbers of undocumented immigrants from mexico and central america are streaming into texas to give birth, straining hospitals and costing taxpayers hundreds of millions of dollars, health officials say. doctors and health officials say they are overwhelmed by both the new arrivals and those immigrant mothers who already are in the state. even houston's feeling the pinch. an estimated 70 percent to 80 percent of the 10,587 births at ben taub general hospital and lyndon b. johnson general hospital last year were to undocumented immigrants, administrators say. also feeling the strain is starr county, an already poor south texas county that has the region's only taxpayer-supported hospital district. immigrants "want a u.s.-born baby" and know that emergency room staffers don't collect any money up front, said dr. mario rodriguez, an obstetrician in starr county. "the word is out: come to starr county and get delivered for free. why pay $1,000 in mexico when you can get it for free?" rodriguez said. ''when we are separated only by the distance of the river, it's easy to do," starr county hospital administrator thalia muñoz said. "it's gotten worse, and it's because the economy in mexico is not good and because we provide all these benefits." unfortunately, doctors say, starr county isn't alone. ''our little snapshot is duplicated in all the municipalities between here and california," said tony falcon, a rio grande city physician who was appointed to the u.s.-mexico border health commission in april. ''what you see here is what is happening in brownsville, mcallen, el paso and san diego." he operates a private family clinic and delivers babies at the starr county hospital. about a third of his deliveries are what he calls "walk-ins" — mothers in labor showing up at the er. ''obviously, it has a huge impact on patient health and the kind of health care that's provided," falcon said. "you don't get the kind of prenatal care you should get." 'anchor babies' immigration-control advocates regard the u.s.-born infants as "anchor babies" because they give their undocumented parents and relatives a way to petition for citizenship. they estimate that 360,000 of these babies are born in the u.s. every year and warn that the numbers are rising. once parents have an "anchor baby," they become more difficult to deport, said jack martin, a spokesman for the federation for american immigration reform, a lobby organization in washington, d.c. ''it's a fairly big factor in complicating the removal of illegal aliens," martin said. "illegal aliens know that and, to some extent, we think they're being influenced into having children as soon as they get into the u.s. to complicate their removal." some lawmakers want to begin denying citizenship to babies born to illegal immigrants. birthright citizenship, as it is known, has been in force since the approval of the constitution's 14th amendment in 1868. but several bills under consideration in congress would abolish the longstanding federal policy. sponsors include u.s. reps. ron paul, r-lake jackson, and nathan deal, r-ga. in a largely symbolic move, the michigan house of representatives voted overwhelmingly on sept. 8 to end birthright citizenship. undocumented immigrants say they are being attacked unfairly and think that all children born in the u.s. should have equal rights. socorro gonzalez, an undocumented immigrant who in august gave birth to her fourth child on u.s. soil, said she and her husband aren't trying to take advantage of immigration laws or abuse the health care system. ''we're not here to have a child. we are here to work," she said as she cradled her infant son, orlando soto. gonzalez, 42, said she moved to south texas four years ago to join her husband, a cabinet maker. two of their older children were born at a private midwife's clinic, she said, and two were delivered at taxpayer expense at hospitals in mcallen. gonzalez said the benefits of undocumented immigrants' labor in the u.s. more than compensate for the costs of their medical bills. ''i don't see why they should deny a medical service if we're here struggling for this country," she said. ''because of the help of mexican workers, whether they want us or not, this country is progressing." still, someone has to pay the bills, and not everyone is happy about that. uncollected medical bills starr county memorial hospital had $3.6 million in uncollected medical bills in 2005, up from $1.5 million in 2002. the total when fiscal 2006 ends on sept. 30 is expected to hit $3.9 million, chief financial officer rafael olivarez said. unpaid bills for the past five years will reach nearly $13 million, he said. to make up for the shortfall, starr county's hospital district is proposing a 25 percent tax hike. already, the u.s. government is pitching in, setting aside $1 billion in medicaid funds to pay for emergency care received by undocumented migrants over the next four years. but olivarez said getting the reimbursements isn't easy. federal officials ''told us at a meeting they would pay us about 20 cents on the dollar," he said. "but it's better than nothing." no one knows for sure how many undocumented immigrants there are or what they cost the health care system. most hospitals don't ask whether patients have papers. total cost unknown ''it puts them in the position of being border police," said amanda engler, a spokeswoman for the texas hospital association in austin. harris county hospital district officials say their policy is not to question patients directly about their citizenship. ''we do not explicitly ask if our patients are illegal, but we do ask them for proof of harris county residency," district spokeswoman shannon rasp said. "often citizenship status becomes clearer when billing issues come up." eighty-three percent of the undocumented immigrants receiving in-patient care at the district's hospitals and clinics last year were from mexico, officials said. six percent were from el salvador or guatemala. and the remaining 11 percent were from such countries as britain, canada, haiti, india, iran, iraq, nigeria and vietnam. ''using anecdotal information provided us by our staff, statistics from other public hospital systems and our patient demographics, we believe that approximately 70 to 80 percent of our obstetrics patients are undocumented," rasp said. in all, 57,072 patients visited the district's hospitals, clinics and health centers last year, and nearly a fifth were undocumented, rasp said. the cost of their treatment was $97.3 million, up from $55 million in 2002. angela r you don't know where i live i know all about texas i don't need you to advise me on the state. get ur facts right before you make your comments instead of just assuming

"Husband aren't trying to take advantage of immigration laws or abuse the health care..."

"Socorro Gonzalez, an undocumented immigrant who in August gave birth to her fourth child on U.S. soil, said she and her husband aren't trying to take advantage of immigration laws or abuse the health care system." yeah, that's believable, how did she think she was going to work if she's always pregnant? and if they aren't trying to abuse the healthcare system, then why haven't they been making monthly payments on their bills? "Already, the U.S. government is pitching in, setting aside $1 billion in Medicaid funds to pay for emergency care received by undocumented migrants over the next four years." so this means that children all over the country are probably going to get shortchanged on their healthcare. how can they set aside a billion dollars for criminals when poor children all over the country suffer because the government is always trying to cut medicaid. not to mention it's a no brainer for encouraging more people to come over and commit fraud.

eighty-three percent of the undocumented immigrants receiving in-patient care at the district's hospitals and clinics last year were from mexico, officials said. six percent were from el salvador or guatemala. and the remaining 11 percent were from such countries as britain, canada, haiti, india, iran, iraq, nigeria and vietnam. ''using
    Clearly...mexico is the problem!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast