Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

If you go to Congress.org and go to the left hand navigation under "Write your Officials" and click on "Congress"

Go to "Member Search" part way down the screen and click on "State". You can then go state by state and find the Senators in the list for the state. Click on "Send Message" under their photo.

It's time consuming but worth it. I sent them all in about 2 hours. By the way, unless you live in Illinois Barack Obama does not want to hear from you. You cannot send him an e-mail.

Be sure before you send each e-mail, click Yes on the button asking if you would like your letter to be able to be viewed by other users.
    Check your credit report regularly, an illegal may be using your Social Security number.

Quote Originally Posted by azwreath
    Thanks jecg!!! I especially appreciate the congress.org info so I can get in touch with others beside Kyl and McCain which, to me anyway, just seems like a huge waste of precious time.

Faxing and email is what I do best. I don't have much patience for being put on hold and, besides that, with 4 kids out on summer break now I don't think I've even SEEN the phone in the past two weeks.
    Me too, the 4 kids being out of school...by the time I do get an actual person on the phone, the kids are fussing and fighting and I'm just frazzled and can't form a sentence,lol....
    Just your ordinary, average, everyday, American mom!

Even if you have to make the calls after hours, they are very important. It's best if you can make them during the day and talk to a staffer. Always be calm, make it brief (use taking points) and thank them for their time. Even if you disagree with the Senator, be cordial.

If you are nervous, tell the staffer so. Let them know that this is the first time that you have had any reason to get involved. This issue is so big that you can't sit quietly.

Please call, please call, please call. The staffer can tell you are a real American citizen that way and can hear the passion that doesn't come through in fax or e-mail.
    Check your credit report regularly, an illegal may be using your Social Security number.

Quote Originally Posted by jecg_97030
    Even if you have to make the calls after hours, they are very important. It's best if you can make them during the day and talk to a staffer. Always be calm, make it brief (use taking points) and thank them for their time. Even if you disagree with the Senator, be cordial.

If you are nervous, tell the staffer so. Let them know that this is the first time that you have had any reason to get involved. This issue is so big that you can't sit quietly.

Please call, please call, please call. The staffer can tell you are a real American citizen that way and can hear the passion that doesn't come through in fax or e-mail.
    Thank you...I can take the phone into the laundry room and hide for a few minutes at a time before the troops find me
    Just your ordinary, average, everyday, American mom!

Duh
    I can take the phone into the laundry room and hide for a few minutes at a time before the troops find me
    Dawgs ... It shouldn't matter and might even be a plus if the staffers happen to hear children in the background, as this shows that you are a grassroots regular American taking time out of your busy day to call due to your great concern. Just keep your talking points notes handy so you can stay focused

Jecq ... Thanks for the detailed instructions for congress.org emailing.

Duh
    Duh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12