Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

A Ray of Hope for U.S. Citizens

I can't help but to think that unemployed American citizens must feel a shimmer of hope with Arizona's State Bill 1070 being signed into law.

I just read statistics from the United States Department of Labor which claim the 15 million Americans were unemployed as of last month. I believe those numbers might even be low as our government would probably prefer to limit the bad news as much as possible.
    http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.htm

I never did believe former President's Bush's claim that illegal aliens were "doing the jobs that Americans did not want to do". I always thought that if anything these were "jobs that Americans were not being allowed to do".

Americans faced issues with language barriers (speaking English could be a real problem working in jobs where barely a soul spoke it). In a lot of cases Americans for good reason might not have even felt safe going to some of these jobs, (because illegal aliens seemed to believe that they held a claim on them). And more times than not an American citizen would not stand much of a chance of being hired for these jobs. Since when would an illegal alien hire a U.S. citizen! And rest assured many who are in charge of the hiring process are in the United States ILLEGALLY.

So now, I wonder. Could there be some hope for some of our fellow Americans that they might be able to find employment in Arizona for example? Now that the laws of our country are being paid attention to and enforced, at least in some states, such as Arizona (and it's very likely that more states will follow) there might be reason to be hopeful that some of our fellow unemployed Americans might have some reason to be more optimistic. Maybe their plight with unemployment could begin to improve and for many possibly come to an end.

I sincerely hope so. As the wife and mother of a family who experienced a terrible year of unemployment I can attest to what an agonizing and painful experience it is.

I'm hopeful that U.S. citizens will flock to Arizona in search of employment and find it. I'm wondering if many may be able to bring an end to the miserable and dire state that unemployment has brought to so many American families.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: A Ray of Hope for U.S. Citizens

Quote Originally Posted by LegalUSCitizen
    I always thought that if anything these were "jobs that Americans were not being allowed to do".
    Not being allowed to do because legally, employers can't easily get away with paying American citizens below minimum wage, paying under-the-table, and not paying taxes, which they much prefer.