Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

READ THIS AND BE PISSED-SOMEBODY PLEASE WRITE A REBUTTAL

Univision anchor writes letter to the U.S. Senators. I found this on Univision.com today. I translated this the best I could. The last part, Harsh Words, really pissed me off. BUT this letter gives some indication that they are worried!

Someone please write a good counter-letter!!!

Letter to the Senators of the United States
    Useful Advice Regarding Immigration
    By Maria Elena Salinas, Univision Online

Dear Senators:

Allow me first to congratulate you for your intentions to want to debate the much awaited immigration reform.

I know it has been a difficult road to travel and many of you, on both sides, have been working arduously for weeks to reach a bipartisan agreement before it reaches the Senate.

That is understandable, nobody wants to waste so much time and energy in a project condemned to failure.

Forbidden Word

As a news reporter, and daughter of immigrants, I have been a close observer of the immigration issue for decades. I have seen its ups and downs. I have observed how the immigrants are welcome when the economy is strong and also on occasions they are blamed for all the problems of the country. Ultimately, the latter being more palpable.

For you it is probably difficult to realize, from your office in the Capitol, if the clamors you hear belong to a very vocal small minority or a silent majority. This is why I want to take the opportunity to make some observations which, maybe, can help at the time to reach an agreement on this conflicting issue.

Let’s cut to the chase. It doesn’t matter how many aspects you discuss regarding a possible immigration reform, only one point will make a difference between failure and success.

Therefore, the first advice I want to give you is to not use the word “Amnestyâ€

Banned
    Diana, you sound like just the one to write a rebuttal!!!

And, WELCOME to ALIPAC

Oliver

This woman is a Mexican...she may have been born in the USA, but she never misses a moment to remind everyone that she's Mexican.

If she's such a good reporter, why doesn't she cite the studies which demonstrate the taxes that illegals pay over and above what they use up in social services. Polls, especially those in Spanish are often so biased that they can't be trusted. The polls that should count to OUR SENATORS ARE THOSE TAKEN OF THE VOTERS!!!!

Mexicans constantly discriminate against other Latin Americans and they don't even uphold the human rights of their own citizens, much less the rights of those who enter Mexico illegally.

Mexicans in general HATE the USA and have not yet recovered from having lost part of the SouthWest. They don't miss a moment to criticize and ridicule the USA why should we allow more of them into our Country?

These illegals are here because they're getting a good deal compared to where they came from. They should be marching in Mexico to fix that mess and not come here to make our lives worse. They can come to work, but they should not have the right to dictate what we do in our own home.

I've had many different people come work on my house after an agreed upon rate...It would be inconceivable for anyone who comes into my house to work to try to tell me how I should run my household. If anyone ever crossed that line, I would get rid of him and find someone else.

I'm sick to death of this double standard.

The US government has been very lax in applying the current immigration laws, why should I believe that they will apply any new ones?

I say apply the current laws and seal the border...it's really not that complicated.

Okay, here's my rebuttal. You've got my blood pressure up.

Maria, honey, you really need to take a pill, preferrably a sleeping pill until this immigration mess is straightened out. For your info, our lily-livered politicians have been working arduously, allright, but in secret, away from the eyes of the American people who put them in office.

And the clamor you're hearing, is OUR VOICES, you knothead! And our reject button is going eject all of those useless empty suits who vote for this bill come election time.

Apparently, you haven't read the recent polls, at least the Rasmussen polls that isn't controlled by our elitist government. The majority of the people are against legalizing all those border jumpers So, Maria, honey, take a pill, and go back to sleep.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Good job Diana!!!!!!

Dixie

You were elected due to your leadership capacity. The people hope that you implement laws that will make our country more prosperous and improve the quality of life to the citizens.
    I couldn't agree more, of the people, by the people and for the people.. Not illegal aliens.

immigrants are welcome when the economy is strong
    Oh brother, immigrants are always welcome illegal aliens are never welcome. I've never ever noticed a correlation with the economy and the desire to kick illegal aliens out. Maybe when the economy is good, more crooked employers can hire more of them but citizens have not been changing their minds about illegal aliens. That's just a BS statement.

Don't call it what it is an "Amnesty".

Don't speak the truth and acknowledge that it is "a reward for violating the law".

Notice the poll questions were omitted? That always happens when it doesn't benefit their point of view.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What is the link to this article?

Ah, hem......

And a poll by CNN/La Opinion shows that 77 percent of the participants favor a program that would allow undocumented workers remain in the country and request citizenship if they have a job and they would pay back taxes.
    Not that that little red herring fools ME (I don't care if they pay taxes or not, they should be deported IMO) but it has tremendous impact with many. The rebuttal is pretty simple - THE BILL DOES NOT HAVE THE BACK TAX PROVISION!

I would like to give her a real reply.

Until I recently dropped my local paper, I had to see this person's column once a week. Racist, hate-whitey stuff through and through.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

Quote Originally Posted by mavi
    Mexicans constantly discriminate against other Latin Americans and they don't even uphold the human rights of their own citizens, much less the rights of those who enter Mexico illegally.

Mexicans in general HATE the USA and have not yet recovered from having lost part of the SouthWest. They don't miss a moment to criticize and ridicule the USA why should we allow more of them into our Country?

These illegals are here because they're getting a good deal compared to where they came from. They should be marching in Mexico to fix that mess and not come here to make our lives worse. They can come to work, but they should not have the right to dictate what we do in our own home.

I've had many different people come work on my house after an agreed upon rate...It would be inconceivable for anyone who comes into my house to work to try to tell me how I should run my household. If anyone ever crossed that line, I would get rid of him and find someone else.

I'm sick to death of this double standard.

The US government has been very lax in applying the current immigration laws, why should I believe that they will apply any new ones?

I say apply the current laws and seal the border...it's really not that complicated.
    thank you mavi, I agree 100%.

Mexico is not our friend. Mexicans generally don't like Americans and they go out of their way to show it. but the media and our elected officials never call them on it, except for Tancredo and a very few others.

I have ZERO belief in any word uttered by any elected official about enforcement. they are all lying until I see otherwise. unless and until the wall is built, they are lying. unlessand until the employers are jailed weekly for employing illegals, they are lying.

we need to make them pay for that lying.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast