Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

'Real American Story'

I REALLY WISH THAT THESE WERE THE KIND OF IMMIGRANTS WE GET ON A DAILY BASIS!

As a 42-year-old immigrant with a baby, Alp Gurpinar is hardly the typical college senior anxious to meet the world. But he does have the excitement for his future and the optimistic attitude of a man fresh out of his teenage years, something he attributes to becoming an American.

Gurpinar immigrated to this country in 1995, when he was 30. Coming from his native Turkey, he knew what his goals and dreams were long before he arrived. In fact, those dreams of pursuing a college degree and becoming a math teacher were the impetus for his move across the world.

Gurpinar's story is a familiar one for many Americans. As an immigrant, he endures long work hours and sometimes struggles to make ends meet. But as he nears his graduation and closes in on his long-held dreams, he is more confident than ever that America is truly the land of opportunity.

Gurpinar's parents moved to Germany soon after he was born. At 13, he moved back to Turkey to live with his grandparents. As an adult, he worked a computer job in a factory in Ankara while his wife worked in a bank in that city. In his native land, he said, he led a comfortable life—but it felt incomplete.

“It wasn’t hard work and it paid enough, but it was very monotonous,â€
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

I'd like a ton just like them. I have heard from almost every immigrant group around, for the exception of this latest wave, that America has been extreemly welcoming and friendly. I'd like to smack the LaRaza queen when she goes on her rants of America hates immigrants because it's just not true. Nasty, rude, obnixous ones.....ya.....but their immigration status has nothing to do with it.....it has to do with their rotton personality and arrogant attitude.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It sounds as if he is for Legal Immigration..... Let's hope so...... Americans are the nicest people on earth and the most giving
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

“My only regret is that I didn’t come here sooner," he said.
    Congrat's Citizen well done
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

Even in the case of LEGAL immigration, LIMITS are NEEDED! The other nations need to start taking care of their OWN people!

[quote]“If I compare my experience to my parents’ who immigrated to Germany in 1965, the first thing that I would emphasize is that the U.S. is much more receptive, tolerant and open to the newcomers,â€
    The flag flies at half-mast out of grief for the death of my beautiful, formerly-free America. May God have mercy on your souls.
    RIP USA 7/4/1776 - 11/04/2008

guess LEGAL immigrants understand. It's the illegal aliens that don't get it.
    Bingo.....got that right.